ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

Guest guest17520
Hi Rich,

Is there any advantage to get your visa before the birth of your child?

If she is born before we get PR then she will have to have a medical after we get a passport for her which means more waiting, probably another month or two. Also I think she automatically becomes a citizen if she is born while we have PR. And the last thing is we will get the $5k baby bonus if we have PR, if not we will miss out.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still hanging in here... next week will be five months since my company submitted the nomination so I think it will be a reasonable time to follow up with my MA since I have heard nothing since submitting my application.

Good luck to all those still waiting... hopefully next week, some of the more long-term waiters will receive their golden tickets :)

You won't miss out on the baby bonus, as long as you get PR within 6 months of the baby being born you will get it. We just got allocated a co for both apps and should hopefully have within a few weeks. I'm having a csection on the 15th of April..

Guest guest17520
You won't miss out on the baby bonus, as long as you get PR within 6 months of the baby being born you will get it. We just got allocated a co for both apps and should hopefully have within a few weeks. I'm having a csection on the 15th of April..

Really????

I really hope so, thanks for that!!

Guest guest17520
It's definately right! I rung centrelink & asked just in case our PR didn't come through in time :)

That's good to hear. I would still prefer to get PR before the baby is born!

Guest mikeskinner1272

Have anyone spoken to Parramatta lately regarding where they are with processing sponsor nomination. I have seen a couple in September have been approved. Mine is early October. have tried to call but just keep being put on hold....Would love to hear from anyone who has spoken to them. I am going out as a general plumber.

Many Thanks

Mike Skinner

Guest gxl1970
Have anyone spoken to Parramatta lately regarding where they are with processing sponsor nomination. I have seen a couple in September have been approved. Mine is early October. have tried to call but just keep being put on hold....Would love to hear from anyone who has spoken to them. I am going out as a general plumber.

Many Thanks

Mike Skinner

Mine was submitted on 30 Sep 2010, nomination was approved on 11 March 2011. CO asked for additional documents. send today, hope my PR application can be finalized soon.

Guest mikeskinner1272
Mine was submitted on 30 Sep 2010, nomination was approved on 11 March 2011. CO asked for additional documents. send today, hope my PR application can be finalized soon.

Many thanks for your reply.

Mike

Guest ashish

Many Thanks

Mike Skinner

Hi mike,

I recently called paramatta and they said they were processing nominations lodged mid September. Hopefully you will get good news in couple of weeks.

Cheers!

Guest AlecG

I wanted to get a quick opinion from those of you who are using registered migration agents.

My application was lodged in early September and I was told after calling DIAC in late February that I had been allocated a case officer and they gave me his name. My agent refused to contact the case officer as he told me he was ill so I sent an email asking if there was anything I can do to the case officer on 11/03/2011.

My case officer wrote me back 15 minutes later that he would begin looking at both my nomination and application in the next week and that I could send him updated info such as police clearances if I thought he might need them, but that I really should wait until he sends a request letter to my agent. I decided it best to go through the agent as per his advice.

It has now been almost two weeks and I have not heard anything. I asked if my migration agent could please contact the case officer and see if there was any further status now that we were into the next week and he had not contacted him. My agent indicated that he would not follow up the status of my case as he did not understand the urgency and he would need solid reasons as to why he needed to follow this up with DIAC.

Now, I would completely understand if I had lodged the application only 5 months ago, but I am about to approach 7 months and my agent is now refusing to follow up.

Should I contact the case officer again or wait for the agent? I have this fear that the request letter could have been sent yet my agent is being lazy and not forwarding on to me and it will end up being too late.

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Guest whinger

Hi everyone,My Ielts expires on 9th April 2011 which will be one year and I think English language requirement for NON ETA country is only Valid for 1 yr...is tht True ?

still no sign of CO being allocated.

Does anyone know if I have to re-do the IELTS exam.

Frustrated

:realmad:

My Timeline:confused::confused::confused::confused::c onfused:

Nomination applied- 16th -08-2010

Visa Application applied- 19th -01-2011

Nomination approved- 16th-03-2011

Asking for 3 yrs Work experience waiver

Currently on 457 visa since 11-06-2009

Non ETA

Guest alimadge
I wanted to get a quick opinion from those of you who are using registered migration agents.

My application was lodged in early September and I was told after calling DIAC in late February that I had been allocated a case officer and they gave me his name. My agent refused to contact the case officer as he told me he was ill so I sent an email asking if there was anything I can do to the case officer on 11/03/2011.

My case officer wrote me back 15 minutes later that he would begin looking at both my nomination and application in the next week and that I could send him updated info such as police clearances if I thought he might need them, but that I really should wait until he sends a request letter to my agent. I decided it best to go through the agent as per his advice.

It has now been almost two weeks and I have not heard anything. I asked if my migration agent could please contact the case officer and see if there was any further status now that we were into the next week and he had not contacted him. My agent indicated that he would not follow up the status of my case as he did not understand the urgency and he would need solid reasons as to why he needed to follow this up with DIAC.

Now, I would completely understand if I had lodged the application only 5 months ago, but I am about to approach 7 months and my agent is now refusing to follow up.

Should I contact the case officer again or wait for the agent? I have this fear that the request letter could have been sent yet my agent is being lazy and not forwarding on to me and it will end up being too late.

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

I would contact the case officer myself, and tell him of your fears. I would also ask your agent why he is not doing what you ask, after all, he is working for you on your behalf, and you are paying him for the privilege. The urgency is that you want to get on with your life and make plans, like us all.

Ours was sent to Paramatta but was sent to Perth. We had no

idea it was sent there if I hadn't of rung them. BTW our application was receipted in Paramatta on the 19th August 2010. We've now been allocated a CO & shud have PR within a week or so ( just waiting for sponsoring company to send them 2 documents.

Guest gxl1970

my nomination was approved on 11 March. Then week later, on 18 March, CO ask for additional documents, form 1221, and on original qualification certificate. My question, is normal for CO asking for original degree certificate after I already send them a certified copy with the PR application? I send them just to aviod the delay.

We got our 856 visa!!!! :biglaugh:

Driving home from work & our agent rang, it had just been approved!

No contact from a CO, just immediate approval. We had exceptional circumstances with hubbys age (48) but obviously not a problem.

Nomination & our application submitted 21/10/10 in Melbourne through our MA, with all docs attached. This was before DRC so have waited a long 5 months .... We had been told they were processing Sept still, but must have moved on quickly!

I feel a celebration coming on !!! :laugh:

Good luck to everyone still waiting x

Guest boulam51
We got our 856 visa!!!! :biglaugh:

Driving home from work & our agent rang, it had just been approved!

No contact from a CO, just immediate approval. We had exceptional circumstances with hubbys age (48) but obviously not a problem.

Nomination & our application submitted 21/10/10 in Melbourne through our MA, with all docs attached. This was before DRC so have waited a long 5 months .... We had been told they were processing Sept still, but must have moved on quickly!

I feel a celebration coming on !!! :laugh:

Good luck to everyone still waiting x

Congrat buddy! very pleased for you ;-) Have a nice week end.

BTW - where is everyone in the forum??? it's very slow :P!

Congrat buddy! very pleased for you ;-) Have a nice week end.

BTW - where is everyone in the forum??? it's very slow :P!

I refresh the page about 8 times a day in work but ave nothing to report on my visa that would warrant a post I'm afraid! :(

Guest boulam51

MY VISA WAS GRANTED TODAY 25/03/2011

It is such relief... I must thank everyone on this forum for continuos support. Good luck all with your application and future in Australia, specially to Rich. You'll get it budy, don't despair.

Timeline:

08/07/2010 Lodgment (Nomination + Application)

18/02/2011 Nomination approved

25/03/2011 Visa Granted

Guest meatlover

It is such relief... I must thank everyone on this forum for continuos support. Good luck all with your application and future in Australia, specially to Rich. You'll get it budy, don't despair.

Timeline:

25/03/2011 Visa Granted

Congratulations!

Guest whinger

Email from DIAC

Hi Folks got an email from DIAC yesterday and it says,

Dear Mr Whinger

The application has not been allocated to a case officer to date. Please

bare with us as we are currently processing month of October 2010

application and we are still allocating October 2010 application to case

officers accordingly.

The service standards for processing ENS/ RSMS visas are:

5 months for ETA eligible passport holders; and

7 months for non-ETA eligible passport holders.

so sick of hearing same thing again and again .....life isnt easy I guess.

Guest whinger

Congrats boulam,

Its a very good news and glad to have someone out of this Visa misery....

Did u had any Drama's with ur skill waiver thing ?

My employer and me both have submitted my application asking for work experience waiver and am very stressed about it.

will be very nice to know ur experience how hard it was to convince the case officer regarding the experience waiver.

thanks

Guest guest17520

Timeline:

25/03/2011 Visa Granted

That's great news, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I haven't been around for a bit, I'm always looking on here but trying to keep my negative vibes to myself for a while. I could whinge all day :biggrin:

Timeline:

25/03/2011 Visa Granted

Congrats!

Archived