ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ashish

I just rang parramatta and they are not willing to provide me any info as it was lodged through RMA and my RMA seems to be busy getting new clients and not following up on my application. So I am basically stuck here not knowing what is happening with my application.

I shouldn't have got a RMA on the first place. I should have bought something I wish I had rather than paying $3500 to a RMA for just posting my application over to DIAC.

I am really sick of this waiting game...

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Guest kris2010

Hi All,

Iam planning to apply for ENZ 456 by next month through migration agent.

The doubt I have is the English language requirement.

I have IELTS taken in Nov 2009 (more than 12 months from now with score of 6.5) and have my Bachelor engineering degree with instruction in English (Marksheet shows the same)

and Employe will provide the supporting letter for English language and I have studied my Masters degree in US and worked in US for 4 years and worked in Aus for 2 years.

Is the above qualification substitute the IELTS taken in 12 months(more than 5.0). As my migration agent says they will apply with this but its at the dicretion of migration agent.

Iam confused whether to take IETLS once again or go with it as Iam applying for Decision Ready application.

By the way if I apply by next month when I can expect the case officer assigned and get approved if applying in sydney.

Guest ashish
Hi All,

I have IELTS taken in Nov 2009 (more than 12 months from now with score of 6.5) and have my Bachelor engineering degree with instruction in English (Marksheet shows the same)

and Employe will provide the supporting letter for English language and I have studied my Masters degree in US and worked in US for 4 years and worked in Aus for 2 years.

Is the above qualification substitute the IELTS taken in 12 months(more than 5.0). As my migration agent says they will apply with this but its at the dicretion of migration agent.

Iam confused whether to take IETLS once again or go with it as Iam applying for Decision Ready application.

By the way if I apply by next month when I can expect the case officer assigned and get approved if applying in sydney.

Hi mate,

The IELTS is valid for two years so you should be fine. Its only medicals which are valid for a year.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Ashish

Guest kris2010

Thanks Ashish for the info.

By the way is there any place in immigration site it shows that IELTS is valid for 2 years as I want to show the same to my Migration agent.

Guest meatlover
Hi All,

Hi, My case was that in Oct 2008 when I applied my 457, the c/o approved my visa without my IELTS score (my IELTS score came out after my visa was approved). She approved my visa based on my GRE score according to her at the time. Also currently my visa is being processed but my c/o did not ask me to take IELTS again (my last IELTS was in March 2010). So I guess the functional English requirement can be justified in more relaxed ways. But that is just my view

Guest ashish

The validity should be on your IELTS result sheet. DIAC requires a valid IELTS to lodge an application. Just go with it, you will be fine. When I did my 457 visa I submitted an IELTS which was expired about a week ago.

Cheers,

Ashish

Guest kris2010

Yes Ashish, IELTS score sheet says valid till two years.

As well can I use US police clearance which is more than 12 months old which I got in May 2010.

After the PCC I never went out of Australia or to US

Cheers

Guest ashish
Yes Ashish, IELTS score sheet says valid till two years.

As well can I use US police clearance which is more than 12 months old which I got in May 2010.

After the PCC I never went out of Australia or to US

Cheers

If you have not been to US after you got your PCC then you should be fine with that.

Cheers

Ashish

Guest kris2010

Cool.

Thanks for the info as I was frustrated to go through the same cycle of getting finger print and getting the US PCC.

Is there any place it says the same rule so I can show the same to my migration agent (looks like I got to teach him a lot :) )

Guest ashish
Cool.

Thanks for the info as I was frustrated to go through the same cycle of getting finger print and getting the US PCC.

Is there any place it says the same rule so I can show the same to my migration agent (looks like I got to teach him a lot :) )

Hi mate,

DIAC require you to submit all the valid documents.

- Medical is valid for a year

- IELTS is valid for 2 years

- PCC are valid for a country if you've not been to that country after you got your PCC

- Any other documents are valid from the date of issue

The rule is, all the documents (until and unless they have specific expiry date) are valid from the issue date.

I would suggest calling DIAC on 131 881 and go through it all again.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Ashish

Guest Fabian

Kris2010 :

Get a new agent dude. Seriously...that guy/girl doesn't know that IELTS are valid for 2 years ? Thats information that every applicant for a student visa knows. Same applies to the PCC. Your agent HAS to know this information because you PAY him. Get another one before your loose more money.

Guest whinger

Hi guys found this information in Immigration website,may be ur agent is right,Ielts is only valid for 1 yr if u want to submit it as part of ur ENS application,it's different story for other GSM and student visas.

Applicants for the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) must demonstrate they have vocational English.

Some of the methods of demonstrating vocational English language ability include:

evidence of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of at least 5 for each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and writing). The IELTS test must have been undertaken within 12 months of the day of lodging an application

Guest Fabian

Damn that guy is right!

Bloody hell. Thats pretty crap because for (as far as I know) every other visa the IELTS is considered to be valid for

2 years. I thought that ENS would have the same requirements for English like the RSMS under which I applied...

On the other hand if he holds a passport from the United Kingdom, United States, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland he doesn't need to provide an IELTS anyway.

Guest kris2010

OMG

Do I have to retake IELTS then as I did it in Nov 2009.

Will they consider my undergraduate degree in english, my post graduate degree in US, letter from my employer supporting the functional english.

Guest Joy4eva2010

It would be a shame if you did have to redo IELTS. The english requirement for ENS is very low as it is and you have more than enough evidence that you meet the requirement - the letter from your employer is a good one. I do think a different migration agent might better represent you.

Guest Joy4eva2010
Hi mate,

Just got an update from my RMA. Here's what he said to me.

DIAC Perth are currently processing applications lodged in the first week of Feb, yours was lodged in the second week however it was lodged at NSW as you know.

Hopefully they consider yours as being lodged when we first sent it off and not when Perth got it. *We should hear from a case officer pretty soon if it is the first instance.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Ashish

I think thats really slack on the part of DIAC. But hang on, Perth is much better & efficient than parramatta at processing. Perth office is prob mad at paramatta for having this backlog in the first place. Hang on, i am sure they will go through it in no time.

Guest whinger

Recent updates from Parramatta Centre of Ex-cellence

Current Processing Dates

If you have lodged an ENS or RSMS application, you should have received an acknowledgment letter shortly after you lodge your application. This letter will advise that your application has been received and placed with our on-hand cases.

We are currently allocating applications to case officers for assessment in the

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) which were received on 16 December 2010.

Once your application is allocated to a case officer for assessment, you will be contacted by your case officer if further information or documentation is required in order to make a decision on your application. This will generally occur within one working week of your application being allocated to a case officer. Please be aware that the Department may make a decision on your application without requesting additional information.

If you do not think your application has been allocated to a case officer and more than a week has elapsed beyond the relevant date of allocation above, please make this clear in your email. We will get back to you in such a situation.

Guest Savana

My visa has been finally granted!!

To all here waiting keep the patience and the faith! It will come when you least expect it!

Good luck Everyone!

Guest Cass

Finally, I have some progress... the company nomination has been allocated to a case officer.

Please let this be soon; I'm tired of living in limbo!

Guest AlecG

I'm almost to the 9 months mark now, but I have a good feeling about this week...

856 - ETA Country

Both nomination and application lodged 08/09/2010 - Parramatta

Nomination approved 28/03/2011

Updated medicals requested 28/03/2011

Attended medical appointment 04/04/2011

Medicals not received from Medibank until 18/05/2011 and immediately forwarded to case officer (Medibank still cannot explain as to why it took so long - I was given a few computer system outage excuses along the wait, long Easter holiday was another)

Fingers crossed my case officer gets them this week and all will be good!

Guest guest17520

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd check in.

It's 3 weeks now since I got my PR and it seems like we have had it forever!! The pain of those 13 months waiting is starting to wear off and I am settling more into a normal life. I haven't been checking my emails every 3 minutes and haven't been on here so often.

My wife gave birth last week to our second daughter so it's all go with me. Next we are going to be looking for a new place to live as we have outgrown our current apartment, we would have moved sooner but we never knew if we were staying or going.

Keep holding on to those of you that are waiting, when it comes it will feel like a huge weight off your shoulders.

Richard

Archived