ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

Guest meatlover
Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd check in.

It's 3 weeks now since I got my PR and it seems like we have had it forever!! The pain of those 13 months waiting is starting to wear off and I am settling more into a normal life. I haven't been checking my emails every 3 minutes and haven't been on here so often.

My wife gave birth last week to our second daughter so it's all go with me. Next we are going to be looking for a new place to live as we have outgrown our current apartment, we would have moved sooner but we never knew if we were staying or going.

Keep holding on to those of you that are waiting, when it comes it will feel like a huge weight off your shoulders.

Richard

Hey, Rich

Glad to hear the news. all the best

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest boulam51
Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd check in.

It's 3 weeks now since I got my PR and it seems like we have had it forever!! The pain of those 13 months waiting is starting to wear off and I am settling more into a normal life. I haven't been checking my emails every 3 minutes and haven't been on here so often.

My wife gave birth last week to our second daughter so it's all go with me. Next we are going to be looking for a new place to live as we have outgrown our current apartment, we would have moved sooner but we never knew if we were staying or going.

Keep holding on to those of you that are waiting, when it comes it will feel like a huge weight off your shoulders.

Richard

Congratulation Rich for the new kid! All the best.

Guest Jules1

Hi Everyone!

856 Application submitted to Parramatta today

The nomination was submitted sometime in February. So do you start counting the days from when the nomination is submitted or from when you submit the application?

We are currently here on a 457 visa, my husband is a wood machinist. So here begins the long wait!!

Hi Everyone!

856 Application submitted to Parramatta today

The nomination was submitted sometime in February. So do you start counting the days from when the nomination is submitted or from when you submit the application?

We are currently here on a 457 visa, my husband is a wood machinist. So here begins the long wait!!

Unfortunately the clock only starts ticking from day you put in application

Guest Jules1

mmmm I know I was being a bit optimistic there!

Well good luck everyone and I will let you all know how we get on.

Guest AlecG

I knew it was going to be a great week!

Visa was just granted!

856 Nomination and Application lodged 08/09/2010

Nomination Approved 28/03/2011

Visa Granted 23/05/2011

Still shaking. Thank you all for this forum - it definitely does help.

Hi everyone,

I reckon the processing time is much faster if your company has in the past sponsored someone. This is because the company verification phase of immigration is skipped and only the accounts and other aspects (position desc) are checked.

This is can be seen as people of medical profession get their visas faster because the hospital has almost certainly sponsored someone in the past.

In my case my company is sponsoring for the first time, hence the wait is getting on my nerves. I'd lodged both sponsorship and visa application on 10th march 2011 and the wait continues.

Cheers!

Guest forrest

Hi y'all,

Please add me to the Timeline sheet. Wish me luck guys.

Submitted: 24/05/2011

Visa: ENS 856 Onshore

Nomination and application sent together: Yes

Medicals & Police checks sent simultaneously: Yes

All the other necessary documents sent simultaneously: Yes

Parramatta Office

Nominated Occupation: ICT Support Officer

High Risk Country - Myanmar (Burma)

Guest Fabian

@ck1 : In my case my company is sponsoring for the first time, hence the wait is getting on my nerves. I'd lodged both sponsorship and visa application on 10th march 2011 and the wait continues

It might be right that companies are proccessed faster when they have sponsored before but I doubt that first time sponsers have a disadvantage as my case shows quite clearly.

We lodged it on the 21.4. and the nomination got approved on the 10.5. Considering that we had 3 public holidays because of Eastern this is a pretty quick processing. The company I work for never ever sponsored anyone...not for 457 and not for RSMS.

I recon it depends much more on the question whether the agent has lodged it as a certified decision ready application or not. Even though many say they did the timeline tells a different story and shows that many agents are obivously not well informed yet about the real decision ready system (or they try to avoid using it in fear of getting a strike). Or they might have an arrangement with the sponsoring company to avoid the decision ready pathway. Its much better for the company to keep the employee another 4-5 month on a bridging visa + another 2 years (RSMS) or 3 years (ENS). It gives the company another 4-5 month where the employee will certainly do everything to stay employed. Many companies tell you they use a specific agent...some even pay the agent for you but you need to pay them back. Of course the company then can demand what they want as they are the paying customer. Thats why I used an independent agent who works for me and my goals.

Guest whinger

Hi Guys

Any news from Parramatta,any idea where they are upto allocating applications?

thanks

Guest ashish
Hi Guys

Any news from Parramatta,any idea where they are upto allocating applications?

thanks

Hi mate,

I just got this email reply back from DIAC:

We are currently allocating applications to case officers for assessment in the following time frames,

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) which were received on 16 December 2010.

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) which were received on 15 March 2011.

Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) which were received on 1 February 2011.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Ashish

Guest Joy4eva2010

Am still waiting to hear from case officer. I was told i have been allocated one 2 weeks ago... so, lets see. (Application lodged Nov 2010).:eek:

Guest Fabian

hi guys.

Just letting you know my vis ahas been granted today :) Happy as of course :)

I will outline the timeline in another thread as its easier to read.

OMG OMG OMG!

We just got granted our PR!!!!!! :notworthy:

I can't beleive it! My fiance called me when I was in the bath to tell me & I was running around the house in a towel!!!

Main application was received at Parramatta on the 12th Jan 2011, I'll do a proper timeline when I've calmed down a bit!!!:goofy:

Guest whinger
When is my day?? So very sick and tired of waiting...

you are next Ashish.

I can understand what pain u r in coz am in the same boat,It's very annoying.

keep ur fingers crossed mate.

Ok, here's the timeline:

Nomination Submitted 11th June 2010

Nomination Approved 19th Nov 2010

Main Application Submitted 12th Jan 2011

Visa Granted 26th May 2011

Submitted to Parramatta & we did not use an agent.

Good luck to all those still waiting.

Ok, here's the timeline:

Nomination Submitted 11th June 2010

Nomination Approved 19th Nov 2010

Main Application Submitted 12th Jan 2011

Visa Granted 26th May 2011

Submitted to Parramatta & we did not use an agent.

Good luck to all those still waiting.

Vanessa I applied the day before you so thanks for posting, you've made me excited and hopeful!...ummmm any chance I can rub your belly for luck, see if u can get some of your good luck!? ;) congrats!!

Guest Bubu
When is my day?? So very sick and tired of waiting...

Hi Mate,

I called Immi twice this week and both times they were extremely helpful which I had not experienced before! I was informed that our application is in the final stages of processing!!... Since we are very much in the same boat, can you also call them to doubleck what is happening to yours? Hopefully not long to go now!!!! Keep your fingers crossed to us pleeeaasseeeeeeee people :)

Archived