Cerberus1

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jitu
Hi Jitu,

Congratulations for you!:biggrin:

Can u pls let us know the timeline?

Did u submit the nomination and application together?

Is it possible to submit nomination early before we complete 2 years in 457?

Here is my timeline,

Nomination submitted ~5-6th may 2011

Nomination approved 11th May 2011

Visa document submitted 16th May 2011

Visa approved 8th June 2011

Guest Jitu
Hi Jitu,

Congratulations for you!:biggrin:

Can u pls let us know the timeline?

Did u submit the nomination and application together?

Is it possible to submit nomination early before we complete 2 years in 457?

And for 457 question.

Yes you can my 457 expired on 30th May 2011.

Guest whinger

my time line

Nomination-16th Aug 2010

Application lodged-19 Jan 2011

Nomination approved- 16th March 2010

Case officer assigned and additional documents requested - 27th May 2011

Additional documents sent- 2nd Jun 2011

P.R approved---------2nd June 2011..

Finally

very happy worth all that patience.

Hi guys,

We are back in Sydney as Permanent Residents!!! Such a great feeling!!! I hope that all of you will experience the same soon, I will keep my fingers crossed for all of you.

A couple of things that might be of interest to you:

1) The CO advised to be overseas at least for 2 days to allow enough time for the computer system to show that we left OZ, but by the time we arrived to NZ, the PR was already approved.

2) The PR is electronic and therefore we did not need to attend at the embassy, so we could have travelled anywhere overseas basically

3) My husband was the main applicant, and as a secondary applicant I had a condition on my PR stating: "The following family members are subject to a condition (Condition 8502) that they do not enter Australia on this visa before the entry to Australia of the main applicant."

All the best to all of you.

Bubu and hubby

Hi guys,

We are back in Sydney as Permanent Residents!!! Such a great feeling!!! I hope that all of you will experience the same soon, I will keep my fingers crossed for all of you.

A couple of things that might be of interest to you:

1) The CO advised to be overseas at least for 2 days to allow enough time for the computer system to show that we left OZ, but by the time we arrived to NZ, the PR was already approved.

2) The PR is electronic and therefore we did not need to attend at the embassy, so we could have travelled anywhere overseas basically

3) My husband was the main applicant, and as a secondary applicant I had a condition on my PR stating: "The following family members are subject to a condition (Condition 8502) that they do not enter Australia on this visa before the entry to Australia of the main applicant."

All the best to all of you.

Bubu and hubby

And we did not need visa to NZ, and the CO asked us to travel overseas on Monday and we travelled on Wednesday...

Guest ashish

Any news on applications which were transferred to Perth from Paramatta? I am on my 5th month and I haven't been allocated a case officer yet. I am so sick of waiting. Come on Perth, grant some visas.

Guest stillwaiting79

Anyone here knows if the spouse of a 856 applicant can be offshore when the application is lodged?

Guest EatingSheep
Anyone here knows if the spouse of a 856 applicant can be offshore when the application is lodged?

If you partner is onshore, then you will have to be onshore too. You can travel after it has been lodged, but you will need to be back in Oz for the visa to be finalized.

Going through the same thing now, lodged ours yesterday :wink:

Guest stillwaiting79
If you partner is onshore, then you will have to be onshore too. You can travel after it has been lodged, but you will need to be back in Oz for the visa to be finalized.

Going through the same thing now, lodged ours yesterday :wink:

Thanks for your reply ES! good luck with your app & hope it's a prompt decision/grant for ull.

SW

I'm still here... 204 days after my application was acknowledged... still no case officer...

I do feel a bit frustrated and I am starting to lose hope that it will ever come through.

Guest ashish
I'm still here... 204 days after my application was acknowledged... still no case officer...

I do feel a bit frustrated and I am starting to lose hope that it will ever come through.

Hi mate,

Have you tried contacting DIAC in regards to your application. If you are from ETA country you should get a decision within 5 months or 7 months if you are from a non ETA country. I am from a non ETA country and its been 5 months since I lodged my application. My application was transferred to Perth from Parramatta for further processing and I still haven't heard anything back from them.

I am planning to call DIAC today to find out what's happening with my application.

Fingers crossed for you!

Cheers,

Ashish

Guest nandy

I got to know from my RMA that Paramatta has started processing faster, since they had a huge backlog and need to clear that.

Guest boulam51
Hi mate,

Have you tried contacting DIAC in regards to your application. If you are from ETA country you should get a decision within 5 months or 7 months if you are from a non ETA country. I am from a non ETA country and its been 5 months since I lodged my application. My application was transferred to Perth from Parramatta for further processing and I still haven't heard anything back from them.

I am planning to call DIAC today to find out what's happening with my application.

Fingers crossed for you!

Cheers,

Ashish

Guys, you will definitely get better answer by email then phone. On the phone it's only customer support people and they have limited information available to them.

When you are over the 5 or 7 months mark without any news from DIAC, I suggest you write to the Global Feedback Unit, which is the proper channel for complaints when DIAC are not respecting their service charter timeframe.

This is you right and many people last year had quick reply using this pathway.

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/services/

Hello Everyone.

My wife and I live in Northern Ireland. We have two teenage daughters.

My UK employer has offices in Melbourne and has informed me that they will sponsor me for a 121 visa. I will be 40 in a few weeks, so I am over the moon. My job has only been added to the SOL a couple of years ago, that is why I haven't done this sooner. I also didn't realise that there was such a shortage of people doing my job down there.

I was told that I should be looking at a timeline of approximately four months. I have to get my skills assessed in Perth. That's a costly excercise for a one hour chat but, hopefully it will be worth it in the end. It would be embarassing if I failed the oral exam. I would be in the dog house with my wife, forever.

I don't think I will stress out too much about IELTS. I will prepare as best I can though.

It feels great to get the ball rolling. I notice from thse forums that people get quite stressed out waiting. Maybe that's not too bad a thing. Success will be sweeter.

Anyway, hello to everyone and the very best of luck with your applications. I will keep you informed as things proceed with my application.

Guest Angie and Tony

Hi everyone, was just wondering how long most peoples case officers have been taking to finalise applications. We got ours on April 10th and they have been asking for different things up until just last week, it feels like its never ending :sad:

Guest Joy4eva2010

I hope so. Today I have reached my 7th month mark waiting for 121 ENS (high risk country). We were told that a case officer was assigned weeks ago. We havent heard anything from CO, not even replied to our emails, and phone is constantly engaged/off the hook. (PR lodged 16 Nov 2010).

Guest boulam51
I hope so. Today I have reached my 7th month mark waiting for 121 ENS (high risk country). We were told that a case officer was assigned weeks ago. We havent heard anything from CO, not even replied to our emails, and phone is constantly engaged/off the hook. (PR lodged 16 Nov 2010).

You can complaint and ask for explanation, since the case officer is supposed to communicate with you within 2 business days, with either a decision or a request for paperwork.

Guest Joy4eva2010
You can complaint and ask for explanation, since the case officer is supposed to communicate with you within 2 business days, with either a decision or a request for paperwork.

I think it worked. Our case officer called us today. she is finalising application now. Thanks,

Guest ashish
I think it worked. Our case officer called us today. she is finalising application now. Thanks,

That's great. Hopefully you will get good news soon.

Fingers crossed for you!

Cheers,

Ashish

Guest ashish

That's great. Hopefully you will get good news soon.

Fingers crossed for you!

Cheers,

Ashish

Archived