ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

Guest Finchy84

Btw once PR has been granted on a 856 if its via DRC, do you still need to leave Australia and come back in to activate the visa or not?

Congrats Mandela.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Appliedinapril
As far as i am aware but correct me if im wrong the 856 is onshore application therefor no need to leave the country to activate - think the 121 is the offshore equiv where you leave and come back

Yes you're right...:wink:

Guest pratik23

HI All..

I am putting in My ENS 121/856 offshore application this week. just wondering how long does it takes to get approved? i have everything ready to (police and medical)...i am in sydney and will launge my application at sydney office. PLZ help

Guest NataLibera
HI All..

I am putting in My ENS 121/856 offshore application this week. just wondering how long does it takes to get approved? i have everything ready to (police and medical)...i am in sydney and will launge my application at sydney office. PLZ help

Hi pratik23,

A high level of demand for ENS/RSMS visas has resulted in an on-hand caseload accumulating. This has obliged the processing network to introduce a revised processing model that recognises that they are going to have queued applications.

Most applications come with their own unique set of circumstances and are often lodged with claims of urgency. Due to this, cases that may warrant expedition must be able to demonstrate unforeseen or very exceptional factors to be considered for priority allocation. This includes, providing verifiable evidence of the situation that you possibly find yourself in. Suggestions of school fees, purchasing a home or needing to commence work with the sponsoring employer as soon as possible are not considered out of the ordinary. Unfortunately, in such situations the normal service standards for ENS/RSMS will apply.

Published service standards are as follows - http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/4.0.htm

Guest pratik23

have you applied for ENS before? my immi agent told me your application should be revived in 4 weeks time...see what happens...as ENS in priority 1...

Guest NataLibera
have you applied for ENS before? my immi agent told me your application should be revived in 4 weeks time...see what happens...as ENS in priority 1...

I have applied for ENS 121 on 29 July... according to http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm ENS 121/852 is in priority 2 group...

I know I have to wait patiently and trustfully for 5/8 months at least...so frustrating, though!

Hi all,

I just want to know what will happen if I go overseas while I am still waitting for the 856 to be processed. Will it be suspended until I come back? Which means it will be longer than the proposed 5/8 months if I stay overseas long enough. Thanks.

So they will process my application as normal until they make the decision. If they decide to grant, can I say they will finish everything except granting the visa?

Thanks.

They cannot grant an onshore visa while you are offshore. If you go offshore you need to let them know your plans. They will wait until you're back onshore before granting.

Guest forrest
Hi all,

I just want to know what will happen if I go overseas while I am still waitting for the 856 to be processed. Will it be suspended until I come back? Which means it will be longer than the proposed 5/8 months if I stay overseas long enough. Thanks.

I am also confused regarding this. I am planning to go on overseas holiday next month. I have 457 which is valid until 2013 and as you all know that I have applied 856 visa 3 months ago. So that means I am not on the bridging visa until my 457 is expired, right? So no problem of travelling overseas? Should I notify Immi about my trip? Thanks.

Hi all

just starting the long wait game :)

We have applied for a ENS 856 all done through my hubbys employer and migration agent.

We have lived here for 2.5 yrs now on a 457 and so frightened too completely relax and settle due to never knowing, if we can stay forever.

Anyway, was submitted end of August (everything together) so here we go on the wait...AGAIN...

we have waited so long for the last 2 yrs to go, whilst enjoyign too, just so we can apply for pemanent.

Guest forrest

Guys,

This is the reply I got from sending email to wa.pse@immi.gov.au

I don't know these time frames are only for Perth Centre or apply to other centres as well. Anyway it is always good to know something.

Dear Mr :cool:

RE: Nom and Visa applications lodged together- currently mid May applications are being allocated to case officers.

Nom applications lodged by themselves - currently early June applications are being allocated to case officers.

Generally we do not respond to status of application updates, processing times or receipt of document enquiries. The automated response advises you of the current situation. This gets updated at regular intervals.

For further enquiries regarding Permanent Employer Sponsored Migration please telephone the DIAC contact centre on 131 881 from Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time.

Regards

Perth Employer Sponsored Migration

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Guest Appliedinapril
Guys,

This is the reply I got from sending email to wa.pse@immi.gov.au

I don't know these time frames are only for Perth Centre or apply to other centres as well. Anyway it is always good to know something.

Dear Mr :cool:

RE: Nom and Visa applications lodged together- currently mid May applications are being allocated to case officers.

Nom applications lodged by themselves - currently early June applications are being allocated to case officers.

Generally we do not respond to status of application updates, processing times or receipt of document enquiries. The automated response advises you of the current situation. This gets updated at regular intervals.

For further enquiries regarding Permanent Employer Sponsored Migration please telephone the DIAC contact centre on 131 881 from Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time.

Regards

Perth Employer Sponsored Migration

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

That's very good news. Anyone knows the new time line for Paramatta. Has anyone tried sending an email lately?

Guest forrest

Got reply from Lazy Parra. :mad:

We are currently allocating applications to case officers for assessment in the

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) which were received on 1 April 2011. :SLEEP:

Guest Appliedinapril

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) which were received on 1 April 2011.:SLEEP:

Weird reply from paramatta! I have applied April 7th and I apparently have a case officer allocated since two weeks now... I still haven't received any email from him though. But if it is true that a case officer has been allocated then it should be at least mid april now...

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) which were received on 1 April 2011.:SLEEP:

I sent emails to Parramatta too but got no response. It's weird.

As I said before, although Perth center processes more quickly than before, it is still not quick enough so that there are still plenty of RMSs which have a higher priority need to be processed, which means Parramatta must have been helping Perth these days so there were not enough COs to process its own local cases. Maybe when Perth's processing date is 1 month behind the Parra center will go back to its normal speed. We still have to wait. Sigh.

Archived