ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

Guest saausmum

Hi everyone

We have been in Australia 2.5 years on a 457 visa, we lodged our ENS 856 application (with a agent) non-DRC on the 25th of July 2011 - visa granted 06/09/2011. Visa application lodged in Melbourne. I was told 5-7 months on the DIAC letter but our agent said 2-8 weeks and he was right! So happy right now, what a relief.

Good luck to those that are waiting....

:smile:

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi everyone

We have been in Australia 2.5 years on a 457 visa, we lodged our ENS 856 application (with a agent) non-DRC on the 25th of July 2011 - visa granted 06/09/2011. Visa application lodged in Melbourne. I was told 5-7 months on the DIAC letter but our agent said 2-8 weeks and he was right! So happy right now, what a relief.

Good luck to those that are waiting....

:smile:

Congrats on getting your visa. Amazing though how these timelines are working. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it all.

What a quick turnaround for you. One of the lucky ones. :biggrin:

Guest NataLibera

Hi all,

I am waiting for my 121 to be approved (application lodged on 29/7/2011). The sponsoring company want to sponsor me also for a 457 visa now, in order to let me start working asap. I have some questions that I hope some of you can answer:

1) Is it a good idea to apply for both visas?

2) do I have to pay twice for the second instalment for my husband?

3) what is the timeline for 457 visa offshore?

4) are school fees reimbursable if you are granted 121 during school year?

Thank you in advance for your help.

NL

Guest NataLibera

I can answer to 2 of the 4 questions now, I hope it can be useful to someone else:

Hi all,

I am waiting for my 121 to be approved (application lodged on 29/7/2011). The sponsoring company want to sponsor me also for a 457 visa now, in order to let me start working asap. I have some questions that I hope some of you can answer:

1) Is it a good idea to apply for both visas?

2) do I have to pay twice for the second instalment for my husband?

there is no second instalment for 457 visa

3) what is the timeline for 457 visa offshore?

1-3 months

4) are school fees reimbursable if you are granted 121 during school year?

Thank you in advance for your help.

NL

Guest Appliedinapril
Hi guys, any progress in parra office in allocation dates for non drc......

Hi Vincent,

Still nothing for me... nearly 3 weeks that I have a case officer according to the email I got from Parra communication team and still haven't received any email from the case officer himself. I was at least expecting an email asking for futher info or simply to say that he is working on the file...Isn't 3 weeks a long time without any updates??

It's like my file is sitting unopened on his desk since then! :(... I wonder if It is even true that a case officer has my file. My application was lodged April 7th.

Any progress for others who applied non drc in April??

Guest vincent1429

That's really interesting don't know y they stop processing ... Don't have any idea for other applicant.... Just wait and watch.....

Guest NataLibera

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) which were received on 13 April 2011.

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) which were received on 21 May 2011.

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) which were received on 10 May 2011.

Guest vincent1429

That's really a good news.....

Come on Parra... still going slow.:sad:

Guest vincent1429
Hi Vincent,

Still nothing for me... nearly 3 weeks that I have a case officer according to the email I got from Parra communication team and still haven't received any email from the case officer himself. I was at least expecting an email asking for futher info or simply to say that he is working on the file...Isn't 3 weeks a long time without any updates??

It's like my file is sitting unopened on his desk since then! :(... I wonder if It is even true that a case officer has my file. My application was lodged April 7th.

Any progress for others who applied non drc in April??

Hi, any infOrmation frOm c o, coz they r on 13 April now.....

Guest Carlthunder

Hi Guys,

I just received the acknowledgement letter for my application for an 856 that was submitted a couple of weeks ago. My migration agent told me that she has sent a DRC application but in the acknowledgement it does not say anything about that....(it actually say we process most of the application between 5 to 7 months) is that normal? Do we receive all the same letter?

The Minister for Immigration and Citizenship’s recent announcement that Perth will be classified as “regional” for the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) is effective from today (12 September). This also applies to some family sponsored regional GSM visas. Perth employers now able to recruit/sponsor skilled workers through the RSMS for a greater range of skilled occupations as a result of this change. Further information at: www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/visa-permanent.htm

The Minister for Immigration and Citizenship’s recent announcement that Perth will be classified as “regional” for the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) is effective from today (12 September). This also applies to some family sponsored regional GSM visas. Perth employers now able to recruit/sponsor skilled workers through the RSMS for a greater range of skilled occupations as a result of this change. Further information at: www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/visa-permanent.htm

I thought they already put Perth into priority 1 since 1st July, which I think is a reason why the processing speed were so slow. Since it was only effective from 12th Sep, it's very wierd that the speed was so slow.

got my acknowledgement letter yesterday by email, it was posted on friday 9/9 and they recieved it on Monday 12 September. they have taken the money. everything was included but they said i need to send medical examination, this was included within the package. is it normal for them to lose documents? has anybody else had this? I sent them an email asking to check that the document was defo there but just got some crappy automated response.

the waiting game now begins

When you get a CO, does he/she request medicals straight away?? New e-health rules don't allow for 121 visa to be lodged drc if your country only operates e-health...very frustrating!

I have not been assigned a case officer just yet but a letter requesting medicals was contained within, even though i had submitted it.:arghh:

not sure, dont think so, my employer submitted it, It was my impression a DRC can only be submitted by a migration agent?

The whole job lot was sent, i checked it and the HR lass checked it aswell whilst I was watching so we are covered. My concern is that the employer nomination forms (by the employer) was submitted at the same time and my med docs could have been put in with the wrong pile.

Oh sh*t! Hopefully it will get sorted for you. If it's in the other pile, realistically, they will see it and it's not rocket science to figure out the mishap... I would just send another email - followed by a phonecall if necessary. Medicals are far too expensive to just do another one on a whim..

You are right - only a migration agent can submit a drc case.

Guest vincent1429
'Physical mail'. It's a paper application, regardless of drc or non-drc. (I asked my agent the same question).

Hi, do u have any idea current processing date in parra office.....

Thnx..... Vincent....

Archived