ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you submit a drc, how long after you receive your acknowledgement should you be allocated to a case officer? I mean are you guaranteed a case officer within a set time frame? Also, where would I find that information to quote from?

Thanks. Couldn't have done any of this without seriously scouring through this thread during the small hours!!

If you submit a drc, how long after you receive your acknowledgement should you be allocated to a case officer? I mean are you guaranteed a case officer within a set time frame? Also, where would I find that information to quote from?

Thanks. Couldn't have done any of this without seriously scouring through this thread during the small hours!!

I believe if you lodged your visa application NON DRC then you will still have to wait 5 months before a case officer will look at it. As you have just sent ur nomination DRC rather than the visa application i believe your file will be put in the queue like most of the applications. Your nomination should come through fast enough but it could be a bit of a wait to hear from a case officer for your visa application. I may be wrong but thats my understanding of it anyway

I believe if you lodged your visa application NON DRC then you will still have to wait 5 months before a case officer will look at it. As you have just sent ur nomination DRC rather than the visa application i believe your file will be put in the queue like most of the applications. Your nomination should come through fast enough but it could be a bit of a wait to hear from a case officer for your visa application. I may be wrong but thats my understanding of it anyway

It's so annoying - our country is now 100% ehealth, which means it is not possible to lodge the application as drc (no meds!!). Our meds were requested though, so they have been sent in and everything else is there already front loaded.

My question was actually in relation to the nomination - my fault, it was worded incorrectly. Seeing as our nomination was lodged drc - is there a specific time frame in which a case officer will be allocated to that. (Tbh, it's actually the only part I'm nervous about because I have no control whatsoever...our own application is what it is)

It's so annoying - our country is now 100% ehealth, which means it is not possible to lodge the application as drc (no meds!!). Our meds were requested though, so they have been sent in and everything else is there already front loaded.

My question was actually in relation to the nomination - my fault, it was worded incorrectly. Seeing as our nomination was lodged drc - is there a specific time frame in which a case officer will be allocated to that. (Tbh, it's actually the only part I'm nervous about because I have no control whatsoever...our own application is what it is)

oh right sorry for picking it up wrong. If you are looking for info or quotes about case officers being allocated send a blank email to nsw.pse@immi.gov.au (paramatta) and you will receive an automated email back within 10 mins or so that might clear a few things up for ya or it may give you some information on how to check further about ur nomination.

Guest auswannabe

I am wishing I had used a migration agent now, as my app was not DRC. I received an acknowledgement and nomination was approved in 6 weeks but no case officer. Has anyone gone it alone and been assigned a CO before the 5 month mark? Thanks

Now, I wish everyday is working day, so they can process quicker. 1 day's backlog needs 2 week's work, really disappointing.

I have been trawling through this thread - along with others on the forum and it seems that there have only been two or three members who have had their ens refused?? Please anybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong (we are all on the same side after all, only looking for information). Is this a reflection on how amazing PIO members are(!), or is it a reflection of this class of visa?

Guest boulam51
I have been trawling through this thread - along with others on the forum and it seems that there have only been two or three members who have had their ens refused?? Please anybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong (we are all on the same side after all, only looking for information). Is this a reflection on how amazing PIO members are(!), or is it a reflection of this class of visa?

I would say that since preparing a 856 visa is such a long and costly process, the vast majority of people who do it are entitled to residency. Therefore few are refused.

I'm sure there is a much higher rate of refused 457 for example.

Guest xiaowanzi
I am wishing I had used a migration agent now, as my app was not DRC. I received an acknowledgement and nomination was approved in 6 weeks but no case officer. Has anyone gone it alone and been assigned a CO before the 5 month mark? Thanks

Hi I am facing the problem how long will the nomination approved?

I called DIAC got the answer 4 months...just nomination part...

I lodged my nomination @Aug-22th and still not submit visa application.

I am thinking to find an agent to submit DRC...But if 4 months nomination needed, my ACS result letter (skill assessment) will expired...

Does anyone so poor like me?

Can anyone find a way for me....

Thanks a lot:arghh:

Guest Neilie

Hey, i'm pretty much in the same boat, waiting for nomination to be approved, it went in on 12 aug, no answer yet. Has me thinking a should submit the application DRC, as once the nomination has gone in i think you can't do anything but wait...

I have all the application pretty much done myself, so will just need to get the agent to submit DRC. Anyone know how much this will cost, or best to just price around?

Guest Appliedinapril

Quick update about my situation:

- 856 Application + ENS lodged in Paramatta through RMA (complete application with medials and AFP but not DRC) in April.

- It's been 6 weeks that I have been allocated a case officer and still didn't hear anything from him.

- I tried emailing him but he isn't replying.

- 6 Months since applied, 6 weeks since case officer...

I am from Non ETA country and I apparently am not allowed to complain before 7 months...

What are they doing? Honeslty!

Guest Sara cen

Great resource so I thought I would add to the info bank. I received this today 4 October 2011 (no change since 26 September but it is updated only fortnightly and I don't know when the fortnight count began):

We are currently allocating applications to case officers for assessment in the following time frames,

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) which were received on 14 April 2011.

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) which were received on 25 May 2011.

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) which were received on 17 May 2011.

For people trying to receive this automated response, it seems that ‘hotmail’ addresses don’t work (it hasn’t for me). This maybe the case for gmail, yahoo etc. I used my work email to send a blank email (no subject) and received the auto email within 10 minutes.

I talked to the department on the phone and they said ENS processing time is one that is most accurate so 5 months is a pretty good indication. If no case officer if allocated in 4 months she said to call back. Also, I tried to decipher the available data a little bit (note the margin of error is huge since I don’t have accurate information) but from all your updates of the dates of the auto responses, it seems that during August to Sept (1 month) progress was made for 20 days. So about 1 day of applications per business day. Unfortunately during the most recent fortnight the rate of progress has come down by half so it looks like they will process maybe 10 days of applications this month. So the 4 months time line holds true for anyone lodged right up to September assuming only 20 days of progress is made every month and 8 months processing time if only 10 days of progress is made every month. So while still hoping, it seems likely that we will be waiting for at least 4 months for CO.

Now a couple of queries of my own:

My RMA was chosen by my work. According to the internet, this RMA is the biggest expert on employment visas etc. The RMA is very expensive but my work is paying. Basically, I have no choice or control over my RMA. I find the RMA to be slack and there is no sense of promptness. When I initially asked i was told my application was going to be a DRC. After lodgement I received a copy of the acknowledgement stating 5 to 7 months so I asked for confirmation if is a DRC. I got a reply saying it is a “high quality complete” application. I again asked whether DRC in the DIAC sense and no reply yet in a week. It obviously isn’t. I realise I can make a complaint about RMA to a dedicated body but has anyone else experienced this. Has everyone’s RMA told them upfront whether they have the ability to lodge DRC or whether they have been ‘struck out’. Was everyone given an option of DRC?

Secondly, RMA has mentioned a few times not to get in touch with DIAC directly. Does anyone know why RMAs advise this?

Thanks

Guest Neilie

Hi Sara

That sounds pretty dodge on your RMA's behalf.

I had two friends recently lodge their applications DRC's and both done and dusted in two weeks. Maybe that was just luck or just a good agent.

I'm not an expert on on this but as far as i know only your RMA can contact the DIAC, unless they also nominated you to be a contact, which is doubtful.

Looking at getting mine done DRC and the whole point would be to avoid the long waiting. I'm paying for the application so will cost me, but will avoid the stressful waiting...

Guest Carlthunder

Hi there,

I am on my 6th week since the DRC application has been submitted (Nomination approved), and still no news from DIAC.

I emailed my MA to get an update, and he answered saying he has been told by DIAC that DRC applications can take up to 3 months to be finalised and not to contact the department before that time. It really sounds "B**L-S**T" to me, and the feeling I've got from my MA's email was like "don't bother me”…When they get the money they become useless!

Do three months sound reasonable for you to wait before giving a call, when you’ve paid a lot of money to get a MA?

How Frustrating….

28/03/2011 2/08/2011

1/04/2011 10/08/2011

1/04/2011 25/08/2011

1/04/2011 31/08/2011

13/04/2011 12/09/2011

13/04/2011 19/09/2011

14/04/2011 26/09/2011

14/04/2011 4/10/2011

The above lists is done by me, hope it helps.

Guest Sara cen
Hi Sara

That sounds pretty dodge on your RMA's behalf.

I had two friends recently lodge their applications DRC's and both done and dusted in two weeks. Maybe that was just luck or just a good agent.

I'm not an expert on on this but as far as i know only your RMA can contact the DIAC, unless they also nominated you to be a contact, which is doubtful.

Looking at getting mine done DRC and the whole point would be to avoid the long waiting. I'm paying for the application so will cost me, but will avoid the stressful waiting...

Yes I find my RMA really fishy. They are not just RMA, it is a national law law firm! However they are of the understanding that they work for my employer not me so they are very promt if I get my HR manager to ask something. Also my employer is footing the bill so I am insignificant. I am yet to receive a response regarding whether my application is even a DRC. Unfortunately you have to investigate for yourself if your RMA can and will lodge the DRC for you. RMAs get struck off the DRC eligibility list if they screw up 3 DRC applications so I assume you have make sure your RMA isn't one of the ones who can't or don't want to lodge a DRC for you.

Pretty gutted about my crap RMA but I suppose I am suppose to not have any service expectation when I haven't paid for it.

Guest vincent1429

- 856 Application + ENS lodged in Paramatta through RMA (complete application with medials and AFP but not DRC) in April.

- It's been 6 weeks that I have been allocated a case officer and still didn't hear anything from him.

I am from Non ETA country and I apparently am not allowed to complain before 7 months...

Hi, some thing is wrong with file I guess, .....

Guest Appliedinapril
Hi, some thing is wrong with file I guess, .....

but even if there was something wrong with the file... Aren't they supposed to contact me to let me know???

I didn't receive any correspondence from the case officer... I received an email from the communication team in reply to the email I sent, saying that my file is with case officer Mr xxxxx and his contact details are xxxx...

Oh it can all be so frustrating, especially with the RMA. Idefinitely agree that once you have paid the final instalment, you become completely unimportant to them. Our agent lodged the nomination drc but advised that due to the new ehealth system, we couldn't lodge the application as drc. However, when I rang to book the medicals, I was allowed to complete them without the hri numbers - ie. it could have been done drc. I wondered if I maybe had any grounds to request the agent to withdraw our application and resubmit it now as drc? I would have gladly lodged everything myself - the ONLY reason we went with an agent was for the drc and reduced waiting time. We started the whole process in March and I have found the agents very slow at every stage. The fact is, if I had have lodged myself, it would probably have come through quicker!!!

Gosh - that really is very frustrating for you. Could you please advise if your case is straightforward (ie. no criminal convictions / medical problems) and what your occupation is?

Guest vincent1429
but even if there was something wrong with the file... Aren't they supposed to contact me to let me know???

I didn't receive any correspondence from the case officer... I received an email from the communication team in reply to the email I sent, saying that my file is with case officer Mr xxxxx and his contact details are xxxx...

Then just wait and watch do do anything ......

Guest Appliedinapril
Gosh - that really is very frustrating for you. Could you please advise if your case is straightforward (ie. no criminal convictions / medical problems) and what your occupation is?

No my case is pretty straight forward I guess.... Very healthy, under 30 years old and no criminal history... I might wait another 2 weeks and if still no news I will try calling DIAC again...

Archived