ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

Guest Sara cen
Does anyone have any timelines on DRC cases being approved in Syd, been 6 weeks now, since my application was submitted and not heard anything.

my RMA told me 1-2 months, so yeah keen to hear if anyone has their PR approved via DRC recently and if so when it was submitted.

My RMA finally confirmed that my application is a DRC but said the wait is still 5 to 7 as with other applicants. Though my RMA is slack I'm inclined to believe her because she is an old time expert in this area and advises the government! My application was received mid August in Melbourne. No CO yet. If DRC applications no longer have any priority (I suspect they may not) then Melbourne is upto 10 June application. A long way to go to August.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jnrrazz

Hi

I'm currently on a 457 Visa and applied for a 856 at the beggining of Sept. I have got aknowledgement of the receipt and submission but thats it. We have provided all medicals/ english passports/ criminal history (none) and was hoping a quick sub 3 month approval but looking at this i guessing its going to be approx 7 months.

I have submitted application to Parramatta but if there are law changes for 1st July is that likely to mean less application in a few months to process.

Also I read somewhere that applications from 457 to 856 are being fast tracked? Anyone confirm this?

Guest Carlthunder
My RMA finally confirmed that my application is a DRC but said the wait is still 5 to 7 as with other applicants. Though my RMA is slack I'm inclined to believe her because she is an old time expert in this area and advises the government! My application was received mid August in Melbourne. No CO yet. If DRC applications no longer have any priority (I suspect they may not) then Melbourne is upto 10 June application. A long way to go to August.

To me sounds like they want to keep you quiet..... I don't believe DRC has no more priority!

Guest forrest

Also I read somewhere that applications from 457 to 856 are being fast tracked? Anyone confirm this?

Sorry mate, not for me and some people here.:nah: I am starting to get tired of waiting. I am really hoping to get it approved before end of the year.

Guest NataLibera

My application for 121 visa was lodged on 20th of july in Melbourne and is not DRC, if your application goes first we can see if DRC has any priority.

NL

Quick update on mine:

Looks like ive been assigned a CO, although they only requested further info for the nomination to my employer, nothing for application. Not sure if this means we get a different CO for the nomination, or they haven't got that far yet, or they dont need any additional info.

Rick

Guest NataLibera
Quick update on mine:

Looks like ive been assigned a CO, although they only requested further info for the nomination to my employer, nothing for application. Not sure if this means we get a different CO for the nomination, or they haven't got that far yet, or they dont need any additional info.

Rick

afaik your application will be processed only after your nomination has been approved

Come on Parra... still going slow.:sad:

Hi Forrest!

I am a newcomer to this forum but I was wondering if you would be able to help me. I am sort of having the same application matter as yours particularly in relation to the dependent sibling thing. Was wondering if you could help me? Can I contact you by e-mail? I can't access your profile here cause it says I don't have sufficient previliges. Thanks.

Kumar.

Guest visagranted

Parramatta Office has moved 13 days in a month while the other offices have flown through their application this is really annoying me now ?:mad:

Guest forrest
Parramatta Office has moved 13 days in a month while the other offices have flown through their application this is really annoying me now ?:mad:

*Sigh :sad:

What is wrong with Parramatta? :mad:

Guest vincent1429
*Sigh :sad:

What is wrong with Parramatta? :mad:

May be Parra office haven't updated their dates...... Yet.......

Guest auswannabe
Hi All,

Can anyone please tell me how you get the updates? I am especially interested in Perth.

Many thanks

Sarah

I have been told that you send a blank email to wa.pse@immi.gov.au. I have sent one but no reply as yet. I too am interested to know what dates Perth centre is processing.

Guest auswannabe

Latest update on dates being processed emailed to me today:

Paramatta 14th April

Melbourne 10th June

Perth 23rd May

Also informed me that 75% of apps will be finalised within 5 months for low risk. The wait continues!

Latest update on dates being processed emailed to me today:

Paramatta 14th April

Melbourne 10th June

Perth 23rd May

Also informed me that 75% of apps will be finalised within 5 months for low risk. The wait continues!

Is this from nomination application by employer or visa application???? does anyone know the answer to this........i think it is safe to say no visa application will be looked at until the nomination has been approved so it would suggest to me that the dates above will relate to the nomination application:unsure:

Is this from nomination application by employer or visa application???? does anyone know the answer to this........i think it is safe to say no visa application will be looked at until the nomination has been approved so it would suggest to me that the dates above will relate to the nomination application:unsure:

All information you receive from immigration is based on your visa application. The dates that they tell you are the dates in which your visa application has been assigned to a case officer for processing

Guest auswannabe
All information you receive from immigration is based on your visa application. The dates that they tell you are the dates in which your visa application has been assigned to a case officer for processing

I agree. My nomination has been approved since september and the processing dates were provided in a reply email regarding a question about my 856 application.

Update from me,

CO has been assigned, good news....not really.

They have asked for all sorts of further information. Most of which has been easy to provide until it came to my Refrigeration Trade Licence.

I have a successful TRA outcome, and the documents to prove this. However, when I applied to the relevant board for my license, they said I need an ARTC and the TRA assessment I sent in was for immigration puposes only?

Heres where it gets interesting...

I spoke with TRA who then informed me that to be eligable for an ARTC, I already needed to be a resident. Can you see where this is going?

I now have the obvious problem of one not giving me what the other wants, even though I have already completed a TRA assessment which was passed by immigration as successfully completed.

Im now very confused and no one knows what to do,

Can anyone shed any light on this matter?

Rick

Hi,

That is correct, ARTC is for residents only. It's bullsh*t to be honest. It's just another way milking money out of people. It's actually not good enough to use as a migration assessment, so why the hell would it be good enough to use to gain licence in your trade???? I did mine a couple of years ago and the questions asked were a load of bollo*ks.

I agree. My nomination has been approved since september and the processing dates were provided in a reply email regarding a question about my 856 application.

Where did you apply? Was it decision ready? I applied for nomination and visa in June. The only thing that has happened so far is my bank is two and a half grand lighter!

Hi,

That is correct, ARTC is for residents only. It's bullsh*t to be honest. It's just another way milking money out of people. It's actually not good enough to use as a migration assessment, so why the hell would it be good enough to use to gain licence in your trade???? I did mine a couple of years ago and the questions asked were a load of bollo*ks.

I have also been through the application for ARTC and its identical to the one I applied for last time which was successful. Why are they trying to get another $300 out of me for the same application but a diff certificate???

This whole thing is a complete mess, how do they get it so wrong?

Rick

Archived