Piercings and medicals

blobby1000

I understand medicals are a bit different if you have body piercings. Does anyone know when you have to tell them about this? And how many piercings can you get away with without having to have to pay extra?! Thanks, our bill for immigration seems to be increasing alarmingly and now we are even going to get charged for having piercings! Thanks in anticipation:

Guest Mrs Nix

Huh? thats news to me? we had our medicals today and ok so I only have my ears pierced - she didn't exactly ask if I had any others and the don't ask you to take your underwear off. I would however suggest you remove peircings for the x-ray should they be in the chest region. Sorry if thats no help

I understand medicals are a bit different if you have body piercings. Does anyone know when you have to tell them about this? And how many piercings can you get away with without having to have to pay extra?! Thanks, our bill for immigration seems to be increasing alarmingly and now we are even going to get charged for having piercings! Thanks in anticipation:

We had medicals done recently in ausrtralia and both my boys had to have extra blood tests for HEP C because one had a tattoo and the other a body piercing they sting you for everything if they can:arghh:

Tatoos and body piercing require an additional hep c blood test. In the grand scheme of things you're not talking heaps of money added onto the additional cost ... so wouldn't really think it's worth trying to get away with

Tatoos and body piercing require an additional hep c blood test. In the grand scheme of things you're not talking heaps of money added onto the additional cost ... so wouldn't really think it's worth trying to get away with

My wife has tattoos and they said they didn't need to do any additional test because the tattoos were done in a government licensed shop. I think their biggest concern is if your piercings/tattoos were done in potentially 'non-sterile' places such as street vendors in thailand, or by a cell mate in prison :biggrin:

I think their biggest concern is if your piercings/tattoos were done in potentially 'non-sterile' places such as ... by a cell mate in prison :biggrin:

Somethinbg you'd like to share there? :wink: :biglaugh:

My wife has tattoos and they said they didn't need to do any additional test because the tattoos were done in a government licensed shop. I think their biggest concern is if your piercings/tattoos were done in potentially 'non-sterile' places such as street vendors in thailand, or by a cell mate in prison :biggrin:

True, I thought I'd be having one as I have 2 tattos and 3 piercings and the doc told me the same. Asked if I'd had them done abroad or the UK, having them in the UK is fine as they're regulated.

I still ended up going back for one anyway because I fell pregnant but the test was only another £15, small in comparison to the rest of the medical.

How very odd! Must be down to the different doctors. As you can see in my timeline I had mine done October, the Hep B in February in Liverpool and he wasnt interested in my tattos or testing for Hep C! Though Liverpool is now no longer doing medicals so?

Both me and my hubby have 2 tatoos and I have a belly piercing and we got told that the extra test could be done with the blood sample we had to give anyway, that was in wrexham but they're not on the panel now. In manchester we got told we'd have to pay extra.

Archived