Secret Harbour Primary School or Comet Bay Primary School?

Que Sera Sera

I have been looking at both schools and can anyone tell me which they would think is the better school. Or is there anything to choose between the two. Its very difficult as where we live will depend on this. We will visit both when we get there, but I just wondered if anyone had any "inside information":cute:

I really don't know which one is the better school. We've been here since February and our little one goes to Comet Bay Primary and she has settled in really well and looks forward to going to school each day. The principal seems very pro-active, approachable and you always see him about. I was initially worried because our primary school back home was quite small (150 children compared to I think around 800+ at Comet Bay), but it doesn't seem to have had any negative effect at all.

You do need to bear in mind that they seem to be quite strict on the catchment areas. When we enrolled our little one, we were in a short term rental within catchment, but we did have to write a letter to say that if we secured a long term rental out of catchment we were aware we would have to take her out of the school and put her into the new catchment area school.

Denise xx

Guest theleeclan

Our 3 girls also go to Comet Bay Primary and settled in really well. Agree with what you said about the Principal. Not sure which school is better but happy with girls at Comet Bay and our eldest was put into an extension Science and Maths class within a week of been there to stretch her academically. School feels really welcoming and relaxed. We also came across the strict catchment rules and secured a rental in catchment area the fri before the start of the school year they would only enrol the girls when confirmation of the rental was faxed through to them. Think they have to be so strict due to the number of pupils in the school but to be honest never feels that big ( girls previous school had 350 pupils) .

Denise our middle daughter is also 8 in year 3 there.

Hi,

Are you not moving to Bancoura ??Road?? If you are then you will have to send your kids to Comet Bay. They are strict with the catchment area...but you never know you may catch them on a good day!

My youngest goes to Comet Bay and he has had no problems. The teachers are all very pro active and they all seem to talk up the school, and even the Headmasters kids go there and he wife works there too!! that I think says a lot if you are prepared to send your own children there.

Good luck.

Sue.xxx

Thanks for your thoughts everyone! Yes Sue we have a holiday rental on Bancoura Parkway for the first month, so I have been looking to see what long term rentals were about. It does seem that almost all are within the Comet Bay catchment area.

Can't wait to come and see it all for myself only 6 weeks now!:jiggy:

Guest waddys

HI Que Sera Sera - We are making the same choices for schools in the same area too. We did meet you at the Bristol Expo last November when we spoke about the visa difficulties - trades taken off the MODL list just after the DIAC seminar as our visa had already been granted, and Matt and Nigel have same occupation. How spooky is that! Be great to catch up with you before you go! We're coming in Sept!!! Yipee!!!

Our 3 girls also go to Comet Bay Primary and settled in really well. Agree with what you said about the Principal. Not sure which school is better but happy with girls at Comet Bay and our eldest was put into an extension Science and Maths class within a week of been there to stretch her academically. School feels really welcoming and relaxed. We also came across the strict catchment rules and secured a rental in catchment area the fri before the start of the school year they would only enrol the girls when confirmation of the rental was faxed through to them. Think they have to be so strict due to the number of pupils in the school but to be honest never feels that big ( girls previous school had 350 pupils) .

Denise our middle daughter is also 8 in year 3 there.

My little one is in Year 3 too!!!! They probably know each other :) xxx

HI Que Sera Sera - We are making the same choices for schools in the same area too. We did meet you at the Bristol Expo last November when we spoke about the visa difficulties - trades taken off the MODL list just after the DIAC seminar as our visa had already been granted, and Matt and Nigel have same occupation. How spooky is that! Be great to catch up with you before you go! We're coming in Sept!!! Yipee!!!

Oh yes of course I remember. Well we managed to get our visa in February and I think we are both very lucky because their jobs have been removed from the new SOL, so it looks like we may have got in just in time.

We may not be able to meet up before we leave as things are a bit hectic but would love to meet you when you come in September.:wubclub:

Guest theleeclan
My little one is in Year 3 too!!!! They probably know each other :) xxx

Probably, will have to ask Molly xxx

Archived