World Cup - England Games

Guest daveandhelen

Guest daveandhelen

Just wondering if anyone was thinking of heading to Darling Harbour to watch any of the England games?

Dave

Guest Ladio

Yes mate - I am looking to get there for the USA and Slovenia matches (in Melbourne for the Algeria match) and all knock-out games. I've got some interest from a few lads but it would be good to hook up with more England fans down there and create a good atmosphere. What are your plans?

Guest daveandhelen

Hello mate, it would be good to meet up with some other England Fans.... to be honest i was going to go down there on my own and hopefully meet up with some English fans whilst i was there, must of my friends here in Sydney are Australian and are not interested in getting up that early to watch the world cup, let alone England or Australia come to think of it. Rugby League, they are crazy for it.

Well, if you don't mind be tagging along with you, that would be great. As you say the more England fans down there the better the atmosphere.

Let me know where and what time you're planning on getting down there.

Thanks

Dave

Guest Ejam

Hey,

We (myself, my boyfriend and hopefully some of our mates who all happen to be non-Aussies at the mo!) will definitely be down at Darling harbour for the first England game and the first Australia game over the bank hol weekend...

Would be great to have a group together...we don't have any plans yet about time etc but happy to swap contacts with anyone heading down there if you want to meet up :)

Jam

Guest Ladio

Nice one. I have a couple confirmed for the first game coming down from the Northern Beaches and will meet up with a few more in DH.

We are looking to get down there for around 11pm, get a few drinks, suss out the best spot (near bar and pies) and watch the Argentina match at midnight. C'mon Nigeria!!

Happy to meet up and exchnage contacts - just not sure how you do that over this tinter-web forum thing....

Adrian

Guest Burger1980

Am I too late to join this conversation??

I've been sulking for a week about being here on my own during the world cup! - I'm not a die hard football fan, but I know the rules (just about) and I love to watch England play..... can I crash your party?:rolleyes:

Guest daveandhelen

Please join us, not sure what the plans are yet. I think some people are heading down there to watch the games before, I will probably be heading down there just before the England game.

I shall keep you informed.

Guest Ladio

Did a little reccy at the weekend - the FIFA Fan Zone is going up as we speak. I will definately be down there on Saturday night around 11pm. Heading to the Watershed first (just up from Jordans) . Its open 24 hrs during the World Cup and has Little Creatures on tap! They are installing more TV's so it may be an option if the weather is ****e. Happy to meet up with anyone who is looking to cheer on the lads....

Guest Burger1980

Thanks guys! :)

Like the back up plan Ladio! I've checked the weather and it's not FORECAST for rain this weekend so I would expect it to bucket down lol. I'm easy going so will just keep an eye out and see what everyone decides to do and then just tag along if that's ok?

Guest alibo87

Helloo I'm a lonely Englander looking for info on the game. What time is it on and is it being shown anywhere? I see a few of you are going to Darling Harbour, is it being shown there? Help appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest michael29

Hi everyone, I am just wondering who is heading down to darling harbour for the match on Sunday. Would love to meet up with some other england fans. Bring on the Germans!!

Cheers

Archived