Please settle an argument between me and the OH

Que Sera Sera

We have a BT Openworld account. We will obviously stop paying BT when we come to Australia. I reckon that means we will no longer be able to use our BT Openworld address OH reckons its ours to keep. Thats not true is it? thats why everyone uses Hotmail until they set up again? Who's right please ??

Many thanks :wubclub:

OH i had this argument with my OH we had sky and had a sky address when we changed over to a new supplier he said the sky one wouldnt work but i tried it the other day and it does (hope this is what you mean e-mail address) i would just try it when you get their

The email address certainly isn't yours to keep.. It might work for a while, until such a time that the ISP does a clean-up. Would be better to migrate to a new email account whilst it is still working. Rather than find out one day that you've lost access.

Guest proud2beaussie

Well if BT are anything like Telstra or Optus then they may forward mails to another address for you for a few months (6?) if you ask them but generally the address will be locked for awhile then it would be available again in case anyone else wants it,that is especially in the case of a popular address like johnsmith< at>bt.com

No it wont work once they have worked out that you are no longer paying their account fees. Wisest to set yourself up with a gmail account and systematically move everything over to gmail before you cancel your account just in case they are quick off the mark. I have heard that BT is a bit slack but my last ISP shut my email off within half an hour of me closing my account with them.

You might enquire if they have a forwarding service to your new email - maybe pay for that for 3 months and get everyone used to your new address.

Dear

We have noticed that you're registered as a BT Yahoo! Pay-as-you-go dial-up customer, but you haven't accessed your account using the BT Yahoo! Pay-as-you-go1 dialler for at least 30 days.

You need to connect to the internet using this dial-up number at least every 90 days as stated on your Terms & Conditions.

If you still wish to use your BT Yahoo! Pay-as-you-go account, all you need to do is dial up using the BT Yahoo! Pay-as-you-go icon on your desktop, within the next 60 days. If you no longer have this icon, you can easily download it here. However if you do not dial in within 60 days your account will be ceased.

If you are using a BT Broadband or BT Total Broadband account

You haven't yet registered your original BT Yahoo! Pay-as-you-go email address as a broadband email address.

To keep your email address, click here and enter your details. You will be asked "Do you already have a BT email address?". Please tick "Yes".

If you have changed your broadband provider or want to continue using this email address

If you've changed your Broadband provider but want to keep your BT Openworld or BT Internet email address, consider our Premium Mail package. For just £1.47 a month2, you can get:

* Unlimited storage

* Protection against viruses, spam and other online threats

* Easy to use BT Yahoo! webmail

* Technical support when you need it Up to 5 email addresses for you and your family

Keeping your current email address also means you won't miss any important emails sent to your current address.

Info found here --> Keep BT email address when leaving? :: BT Broadband :: think broadband

Covers stuff you don't need but I think it covers what you need to do or can do

Howard

Archived