Anyone living in or near Busselton??

Guest Jen and Rob

Guest Jen and Rob

Hello,

We'll be moving to Busselton shortly and would love to hear from anyone in the area.

Jenny

Guest Jen and Rob
were just up the road from you in bunbury 50ks away . about 30 mins

Oooh, we've been to Bunbury! It seems a really nice place. How long have you lived there? Do you feel settled there?

Quick intro! Rob's a gasfitter and I've just given up my job in the NHS. 3 children who are now all self-sufficient and not yet wanting to come with us (though I'm really hoping that they'll change their minds once they've been out to visit!). It'll be quite a wrench leaving them but we feel that living to Oz is something we definitely want to try for the next phase of our lives. The initial aim will be to stay at least till we can obtain an aussie passport and then take stock again of what we want to do....

Look forward to hearing from you, Jenny

Guest wayniexagt

been here nearly a year . just moved into dalyellup , im truckie on nights and the mrs is at uni studying law and accounting. we love it here

shes gone back to germany for a month to see her folks so im home alone .

when shes back will sort something out for meeting up etc ......

cheers

wayne

• 2 weeks later...
Guest emma8370

Hi Jen & Rob

We are in Bunbury just outside Dalyellup too at the moment. I am a londonder and steve is originally from Leicester, but has been in oz 25 yrs, I have only been here since April. Its very different then my previous life in London but I am loving it. If you would like to meet up for some drinks one evening please let us know.

Emma

Guest Jen and Rob

Thanks Emma, we'd love to. And since Wayne and his wife live in Dalyellup too, maybe the 6 of us should meet up!

Has Steve lived near Bunbury the whole time he's been in Oz, or have you both just lived there since April? I'm really looking forward to hearing more about how you're finding things so far and what your experiences have been. Have you managed to get work yet?

Jenny

Guest emma8370

Hi Jen

No steve has lived all over australia, but we have decided to settle in bunbury from april as its a completely new place for both of us. I havent found work yet, someone has mentioned its hard for non-australians to get work even if they have a visa.

However steve fits wooden floors and does tiling, there is so much work for him that I am now having to work with him, he even had to turn some work down.

We do housesitting and so far have not had to pay any rent, this is working out very well for us.

Would be good to meet up - a weekend would be better for us.

Emma

Guest Jen and Rob
One good thing is the close proximity to Margaret River

Mmmmm wine and cheese!

Sounds like you have fond memories of the place!!!

Guest Jen and Rob
Hi all. We've been in Bunbury 4 years and are just up the road from Dalyellup. Any queries at all, just shout. You'll find the Dalyellup Brits are a real friendly bunch!

That's brill - we'll no doubt have loads to ask you! Looking forward to meeting you all.

Jenny x

Guest Jen and Rob
Hey we are hopefully going to be in Margaret River in the next couple of months, we could maybe meet up for a little glass of wine sometime :)

We'll probably be arriving around the same time as you then. Margaret River seems a lovely place to live - and great if you like wine! Have you got jobs to go to there?

Jenny

Archived