485 & sol

Can you still apply for a graduate 485 even if the skill has been removed from the SOL

I just had a look and realized it states you must have studied in a skill that is on the SOL, please tell me this isnt the case or I am up the creek without a paddle.

Can you still apply for a graduate 485 even if the skill has been removed from the SOL

I just had a look and realized it states you must have studied in a skill that is on the SOL, please tell me this isnt the case or I am up the creek without a paddle.

im positive you can still lodge a 485 graduate visa. as long as you hold 572/573/or574 visa on 8 feb 2009.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Mandy

You need to study the material yourself because you are asking random questions without telling us the information that would be needed in order to answer them.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/faq-onshore-student.pdf

Whether or not the new SOL will apply to you immediately depends on which visa you held on 8th Feb 2010 according to the information in the link above.

Once you have worked that bit out, you need to work your way through the rest of the "recent changes" section:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/whats-new.htm#u

The information about the actual visas has been superceded by the stuff in the "recent changes" section, so you cannot study one in isolation from the others if you see what I mean.

As I have said in your other thread, I think that you need to consult a migration agent who is in your geographical area. I think it is probably too much for you to be able to understand the whole thing fully and properly on your own, especially when you have two young children to look after.

"Brisbane" is too vague. Could you be more specific about where you are, please? Are you north, south, east or west of the CBD and how many kms are you from the CBD, roughly, please?

Cheers

Gill

Archived