sunshine coast ex-pats!

Guest annieross

Guest annieross

I know there are loads of you around because I often hear english accents when out and about! I have just moved to maroochydore with my aussie partner who lived in the UK for 5 years. I am due to start work in 3 weeks and hope to make some friends there but at the moment I know one girl in the area and thats it!

Does anyone know if there are any existing ex-pat social gorups in the area? would anyone be keen to start one or maybe just go out for a drink? I miss all my english girlfriends and would love to find out how other ex-pats find living here.

Annie

Guest chris_mac

Hi Annie

Welcome to poms in oz.. Im sure you will soon meet all the local poms.... We where the same when we firsts arrived, slowly but surely you soon build a new cirlce of pommie friends...

We were amazed when we first hit the local tavern with the amount of poms in there... Near us, all the poms meet once a month, have good laugh and get hammered! Just like being back in the uk!

And the ozzies are a great laugh to! Especially the white socks in flip flops whilst out for dinner on a friday night! Talent!

Best of luck

Chris

Guest Jamesuk

Hi Annie and others,

We moved to the sunshine coast a month ago and now we are settling in would like to meet up with some locals for drinks, bbq's etc. We are renting in Kawana island at the moment and enjoying exploring the local area but we don't know anyone local yet. Can't wait for our container to arrive, so we have somewhere comfy to sit!

Send us a pm or reply to the thread if you want to meet up.

James (34) and Jodie (28)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RebeccaM

We just moved to Maroochydore 2 weeks ago and would LOVE to meet for drinks. We have 2 kids age 4 and 6 and so it would be great for us to meet other families too.. Any guys who want to go out for a beer with my hubby... please take him :)

Surfer, skaters too... we try it all.

Thanks

Rebecca

Please click on my username and select "Send email to RebeccaM"

• 1 month later...
Guest Hadley

Hi Annie,

Hope you have met lots of people since starting work, me (24) and oh (27) live in Peregian Beach and work on the Sunnycoast.

I actually work in Maroochydore, so would be good to swap stories if you live near by maybe?

Been in Oz 2years in October, still on the hunt for girlfriends to have a drink with!

Stacey.

Guest cazbeckham

Hi All

I live in Buderim near the University off Stringybark Road with my OH - been here a little under two years and would more than willing to try and set up a meeting in our local. We have the Buderim Tavern or Chancellor Park Tavern.

If anyone has little ones maybe Chancellor might be better.

Let me know dates/times which are most suitable for you guys and we can all meet up for a beer.

Just to let you know that we can be all you youngsters adopted parents for you as we are almost 60 and OH 61 on 29th August.

If you feel you don;t want to mix with us oldies then not to worry but if you do and we are young at heart then please either let me know on here or pm me with a few dates/times

Guest annieross

hey everyone!

great to hear from you all. lets definately try and organise a big meet up at the budrim tavern, that would be excellent. My partner (who is actually aussie but lived in the UK for 5 years) and I have already met up with James and Jodie and its so nice to chat about home and how things are going here.

Would a friday night be good for people? maybe next friday, the 2nd sep i think it is. there would be quite a group of us!

Looking forward to meeting you all,

Annie

Guest annieross

and caz- of course youre not too old!

rebecca- i went to the budrim tavern last weekend and its quite child friendly

A x

Guest annieross

I think its fri the 3rd actually, I got my dates wrong! how about 7 or 7.30? Would that be ok for those people with children? Once we know how many of us there will be I'll book a table!xx:biggrin:

Guest cazbeckham

Annie

Do you intend eating in the restaurant as you said you would book a table?

You can sit in the bar area at the back ( there is a large room there where we sit when we go to the Triv night on a Tuesday evening) and the bar food is so much cheaper and just as nice, but we will go along with the majority.

Caz

Guest annieross

ooh bar food would be really good! have eaten in the dining room and it was quite pricey! lets say bar area then x

Guest cazbeckham

The bar food is good as they have fish and chips and burgers and pies and I can guarantee the fish is really lovely and OH said pies are brill and friends we go to Triv with say the burgers are great also.

I still think it would be a good idea to try and book the back room if you can, just ask for the room where the Tuesday night Triv is held.

Looking forward to meeting you guys that make it

Caz

Guest jconroy7

Do you guys still meet at the Chancellors Tavern every now and again, let us know your next meet up, we would love to come along.

Hi CazBeckham.

Guest cazbeckham

jconroy7

Not sure if you was referring to all of us or just me on teh Chancellors Tavern meet but we go down there occassionally on a Wednesday evening for a meal and Trivia night.

Going next Wednesday evening about 6pm

Caz

Guest jconroy7

Sorry I was getting confused. Friday 3rd is good for us at the Buderim tavern, looking forward to it. See you there. Where are you guys meeting bar or restaurant? Cheers

Guest cazbeckham

Hi

I think we had decided it was better to meet in the bar area as they do bar meals a lot cheaper than the restaurant and I think it will be a bit more sociable. We can always book some table space in the bar area for our meals.

I have asked Annie who has been arranging this to give me a call so hopefully we can confirm the time but think it was 7-7.30

Caz

Guest cazbeckham

Just thought I would add Fridays details here

Hiya

Just addint to this thread so thought I would add to it in the hope we may be able to meet up with you guys (kids welcome as well)

We are holding a meet on Friday 3rd September at the Buderim Tavern, Burnett Street, Buderim (of course) at 7pm

We will be in the sports bar (not where the pokies are)

If you go in the doors to the right of the Tavern there is an internal verandah at the back on the RH side and the Tavern will kindly put us a table out for about 20+ people and menus for the bar food which is excellent and prob more in peoples pocket value wise than the restaurant, plus it will be a little more informal on the verandah.

All kids welcome as well, we are aware there are other couples with children which will be good.

Please try and come along and make some new friends

Look forward to seeing you on Friday

Caz & Barry Beckham

Guest CALFIN

Oh I would love to come! but my partner works away and won't be here on Friday and I can't imagine it would be a stress free evening for me, trying to look after 3 kids and having the odd glass of wine! Keep me in mind for the next time!

Archived