New friends!!

Guest kimmie

Guest kimmie

Relocated from Adelaide recently,living in Northlakes area of Brisbane! All my children are living away from home so am finding it particularly difficult to make any friends as no links with school etc., looking for opportunities to have get togethers on weekends, hubby loves to have a kick around and the odd game of golf. I am easy going, love kids and dogs and a glass of wine!

Any like-minded people, get in touch :biggrin:

Hey hope you are enjoying your new place - i keep meaning to stop at Northlakes when we go from sunshine coast to brisbane but never made it yet - what is it like there? My family and I are at Buderim.

Guest katiered

Hi kimmie,

I have just moved to chermside. I am in the same posistion. How far is north lakes? I am in a rut as i dont drive over here. So i have to start my driving lessons soon i'll need it!

Guest kimmie
Hey hope you are enjoying your new place - i keep meaning to stop at Northlakes when we go from sunshine coast to brisbane but never made it yet - what is it like there? My family and I are at Buderim.

Northlakes not my cuppa tea unfortunately, am looking to move a little closer to the city hubby works near airport! took a wander to sunshine last weekend, passed by Buderim I'm told its very nice, husband has a childhood friend living there so perhaps will jump off motorway this weekend and have a look:wink:

Guest kimmie
Hi kimmie,

I have just moved to chermside. I am in the same posistion. How far is north lakes? I am in a rut as i dont drive over here. So i have to start my driving lessons soon i'll need it!

Did the drive for the first time last sunday, parked car at Bretts Wharf and got on the CityCat, that was nice, spectacular views from the river!!I suppose it was about a 40 minute drive, have been looking at places closer to the city, prob northside as fortunately only leased this place for 6 mths, its really not my cup of tea, would like to live in a more established neighbourhood. Hopefully will pick car up before this weekend then I'll be mobile again! Do you have young children? That would be hard for you! Havent been to Chermside yet, big shopping centre is all I know, when I get the car will make the trip, happy to meet for coffee if you like:wink:

Guest katiered

yes I am a 10 min walk from the shopping centre. you should move to north brissy there seems to be more to do. only a 20 min drive to the city if that. I love going to south bank they have the markets etc. Yes would be nice to have an english friend! I have a 3 month old daughter.

What made you do the move? I married an aussie, thats why I'm here lol:biggrin::biggrin:

Guest kimmie
yes I am a 10 min walk from the shopping centre. you should move to north brissy there seems to be more to do. only a 20 min drive to the city if that. I love going to south bank they have the markets etc. Yes would be nice to have an english friend! I have a 3 month old daughter.

What made you do the move? I married an aussie, thats why I'm here lol:biggrin::biggrin:

Sounds just the ticket, we hopped off the citycat at southbank, thought it was lovely! Have got agent to advertise to relet this place, so am anxious to find something closer sooner rather than later. Did almost 4 yrs in Adelaide first, husband was retrenched so took the opportunity to move interstate and QLD seemed as good a place as any, work for my husband was the deciding factor, just a bit of a pest that we rented this place just prior to him being offered a job near the airport. My son was also here until recently, then got posted to Sydney (he's in the army), daughter in NZ Navy and is about to take a yr out all being well, she wanted to spend it in Brissy as she has spent many days 'alongside' here and loves it!! Im looking at doing some short term foster care so really wanted to be in 'amongst it' so there would be plenty for me to enjoy with some 'little extras' in the family, altho they could be 'big' ones!!! have only just lodged a registration so early days!!! Sorry I didnt get a first name for you, would be great to do something.... :jiggy:

Guest katiered

My names kate, i'm 24 and was born and raised in london. So i'm still getting use to the way of life over here:eek:. Fostering would be a great thing to do! yes we should do something. I have been looking and cant find any poms in oz meet ups near us!

Guest kimmie
My names kate, i'm 24 and was born and raised in london. So i'm still getting use to the way of life over here:eek:. Fostering would be a great thing to do! yes we should do something. I have been looking and cant find any poms in oz meet ups near us!

Hi Katie,

Had a problem getting on this site last night, service seems to be slow where I am!! Your'e right, seems there are lots of 'meets' on the gold and sunny coasts, but not much nearer the city??? I've pretty much travelled most of my life and it does take time to settle, some places are easier than others, this is the first time I've ever signed up to a site like this so it seems it is getting harder for me to settle, perhaps having no links to schools or baby groups anymore means you have to make more of an effort to 'get out there'.... I also think that Northlakes isnt an ideal setting, lots of Brits here but the development in itself is so sterile, definitely not my cup of tea. We pick up the second car tonight I've just found out so that should get me off my butt, we also plan on looking at some rentals at the weekend. I havent worked out how to send a private message yet, do you know how? If so send me one and we can keep in better contact, rather than have to search the link for your message??

Kim

Guest KateandPhil

Hi cjscjs I am in Buderim too. Been here 2 months now and really like it here. How are you liking it so far?

Archived