WA State Sponsorship Website is being updated! 8 July 2010

Guest dragsterwish

hi john,

i like your thinking and im wondering if my agent is thinking the same as he tells me he is confident that we will have our visa within 12 months:biggrin:

hope your both right

jools x

Hi Jools,

I think it would make perfect sense. Its only because they have laid down the 12 and 15 month timeline previously, that got me thinking. I was looking on the website www.jobsearch.com.au and was shocked to see the amount of jobs for the skills we have. Added to this that we are all waiting in the wings with SS ready to go. I know for a fact that some companies in WA are starting to really struggle to fill their vacancies and if they have not already, then they will start to pressure the government as to why they cant get migrants in. I would think that your agent is correct about getting our visa's, but I suspect it may be quicker than 12 months.

Regards,

John

Hopefully, this is the start of the rest of our lives.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest KatyNick

I do hope you are right John with regard to visas being issued in less than 12 months. If the changes in September 09 hadn't happened we would most likely be getting ready to go in the next couple of months.

Keeping everything crossed that it will be 'our turn' again!! Good luck everyone!

I do hope you are right John with regard to visas being issued in less than 12 months. If the changes in September 09 hadn't happened we would most likely be getting ready to go in the next couple of months.

Keeping everything crossed that it will be 'our turn' again!! Good luck everyone!

Lets see what next week brings us. Have a great Weekend Everyone !!!

John:hug:

Guest dragsterwish
Hi Jools,

I think it would make perfect sense. Its only because they have laid down the 12 and 15 month timeline previously, that got me thinking. I was looking on the website www.jobsearch.com.au and was shocked to see the amount of jobs for the skills we have. Added to this that we are all waiting in the wings with SS ready to go. I know for a fact that some companies in WA are starting to really struggle to fill their vacancies and if they have not already, then they will start to pressure the government as to why they cant get migrants in. I would think that your agent is correct about getting our visa's, but I suspect it may be quicker than 12 months.

Regards,

John

Hopefully, this is the start of the rest of our lives.

I definitely hope you are right, John. The industries are voicing out about the skill shortage and the impact on the economy and companies are desperately trying to fill vacancies. We have ready applicants with the right skill & criteria to fit in immediately and yet we are not being allowed to fill in the gap. I do hope the SMP speeds up things and bring on a Win-win situation for applicants and Oz economy.

Hope we hear more good news next week!

Cheers!

Guest Natty T

This is the first bit of encouraging news since last sept, been on a real low since and now don't want to get my hopes up but can't help it. When we come back off our hols we are going to do meds and police checks and front load, really want to be in OZ by April 11 sadly not summer 10 but looking more hopeful and with work available we may be going at the right time.

Good luck everyone. :jiggy:

This is the first bit of encouraging news since last sept, been on a real low since and now don't want to get my hopes up but can't help it. When we come back off our hols we are going to do meds and police checks and front load, really want to be in OZ by April 11 sadly not summer 10 but looking more hopeful and with work available we may be going at the right time.

Good luck everyone. :jiggy:

Good on you Nat!

Now that we've sold the house and moved into a rental, we are alot more free now so are getting our meds done Monday and will also be getting our police checks done too and frontloading them!

Guest Natty T
Good on you Nat!

Now that we've sold the house and moved into a rental, we are alot more free now so are getting our meds done Monday and will also be getting our police checks done too and frontloading them!

With all the positive vibes at the mo, i'm hoping we will be processed quicker with front loading.

Hope all goes well monday Rachel, you'll have to let me know what goes on. Just thinking another £1,000 for meds but hopefully its the last piece of the puzzle and then its just flights and shipping and if the house sells by xmas we will be ok.

With all the positive vibes at the mo, i'm hoping we will be processed quicker with front loading.

Hope all goes well monday Rachel, you'll have to let me know what goes on. Just thinking another £1,000 for meds but hopefully its the last piece of the puzzle and then its just flights and shipping and if the house sells by xmas we will be ok.

Hi Natty T,

I think that this has been the most positive thread in a long time. I have even stopped reading the negative threads on here. I had no idea that there were so many Doom and Gloomers on here. Since last week, I have only been thinking and dreaming positively and it seems to be working a treat. I have even been on You Tube to see what Perth airport looks like. ( Crazy, but good )

I think we should keep this thread as positive as we can for as long as we can and see where it takes us and reply to the " Negs" with " only positive statements allowed on this thread please " or " Let me dream and wish positive thoughts without interferrence please".

Have an awsome weekend and lets see what good news awaits us next week,

Guest ian & jo
Hi Natty T,

I think that this has been the most positive thread in a long time. I have even stopped reading the negative threads on here. I had no idea that there were so many Doom and Gloomers on here. Since last week, I have only been thinking and dreaming positively and it seems to be working a treat. I have even been on You Tube to see what Perth airport looks like. ( Crazy, but good )

I think we should keep this thread as positive as we can for as long as we can and see where it takes us and reply to the " Negs" with " only positive statements allowed on this thread please " or " Let me dream and wish positive thoughts without interferrence please".

HERE HERE!!!! Couldn't agree more. Have a great weekend everyone & fingers crossed for MORE good news next week. ian & jo :laugh:

Hi there everyone

Just took a look at the list.......not sure if its good or bad news for us. OH is a carpenter & joiner and on the list it says...

carpenter and joiner (tradespeople trained in heritage and restoration work)....im wondering does this rule out the standard 1st and 2nd fix carpenter? Oh is a qualified carpenter and joiner, but has not had specific training in heritage, but has obviously carried out certain forms of restoration work.

Does anyone please know the answer to this one?

Hi there everyone

Just took a look at the list.......not sure if its good or bad news for us. OH is a carpenter & joiner and on the list it says...

carpenter and joiner (tradespeople trained in heritage and restoration work)....im wondering does this rule out the standard 1st and 2nd fix carpenter? Oh is a qualified carpenter and joiner, but has not had specific training in heritage, but has obviously carried out certain forms of restoration work.

Does anyone please know the answer to this one?

Saw this myself as I am a Carpenter & Joiner. Confused me as I thought majority of work to be done would be new build type.

Hi Natty T,

Hi John,

I so agree with you. If you do not have hope, there is nothing left.

You too, have a good weekend and hopefully we will hear something soon.

Saw this myself as I am a Carpenter & Joiner. Confused me as I thought majority of work to be done would be new build type.

I have emailed them today asking them to clarify this, i will post you their response as soon as i hear from them. Lets hope its good news for a change!

Guest Tanjev

As i understand it means Carpenter + Joiners AND Tradespeople who gain special certification in this two fields!

So finaly it good news ;-) especially because cabinetmakers are still in the top priority :biggrin:

Guest Natty T
Hi Natty T,

Totally agree John, i am beaming at the mo with this thread, really put positive thoughts back in my mind and i know now we will be there next year, definately no negatives wanted on this thread. I too want to stay away from the neg threads now, can't wait for all our Woo Hoo visa grants, hope it wont be long. We need to keep this thread alive too, might just go on u tube and have a look too lol

Natalie

Guest Natty T
Hi there everyone

carpenter and joiner (tradespeople trained in heritage and restoration work

Says the same for Bricklayers,(tradespeople trained in heritage and restoration work don't worry all will be fine. My Hubby is a Carpenter,its the first bit of good news we have had in a long time, i think they are just covering everything by putting that.

As i understand it means Carpenter + Joiners AND Tradespeople who gain special certification in this two fields!

So finaly it good news ;-) especially because cabinetmakers are still in the top priority :biggrin:

I've been doing these two fields on and off for past 27 years.......never once got a certificate to say I can do it.......I'm a qualified tradesman so fitting a door frame, putting a roof on or fitting a window is the same whether its a new build job or re-furb(heritage/restoration) work.........Thats why I'm confused as to what they mean!!!!!

Guest ian & jo
Totally agree John, i am beaming at the mo with this thread, really put positive thoughts back in my mind and i know now we will be there next year, definately no negatives wanted on this thread. I too want to stay away from the neg threads now, can't wait for all our Woo Hoo visa grants, hope it wont be long. We need to keep this thread alive too, might just go on u tube and have a look too lol

Natalie

ME TOO!!!! LETS KEEP THE POSITIVE VIBE ALIVE & HOPEFULLY THOSE VISA GRANTS WILL COME SOONER RATHER THAN LATER!!!! HERE'S TO MORE GOOD NEWS NEXT WEEK ( POSITIVE THINKING)!!!! FOR ALL OF US WAITING. JO :hug: XXX.

Guest Natty T
ME TOO!!!! LETS KEEP THE POSITIVE VIBE ALIVE & HOPEFULLY THOSE VISA GRANTS WILL COME SOONER RATHER THAN LATER!!!! HERE'S TO MORE GOOD NEWS NEXT WEEK ( POSITIVE THINKING)!!!! FOR ALL OF US WAITING. JO :hug: XXX.

Good to see you on here Jo, feel like i'm living my life around dates and the WA threads, which is full of great people encouraging each other. Good to know people are there to keep you going xxx

Guest eddie

Well done dragsterwish for finding this list and info. Best bit of news from WA, since february. At least there seems to be some order ans structure at long last........lets hope it continues this way.

We are top, as well, with my occupation as Toolmaker, but as others have said before, until the SMP list is finalised and published, there are no certainties!

Good luck to everyone,

Paul and Babs

Guest Tanjev
I've been doing these two fields on and off for past 27 years.......never once got a certificate to say I can do it.......I'm a qualified tradesman so fitting a door frame, putting a roof on or fitting a window is the same whether its a new build job or re-furb(heritage/restoration) work.........Thats why I'm confused as to what they mean!!!!!

Hi, i cant compare this to england but i know from germany that there is def. a different between new build in of windows or keep the old look from a historic building. Different Materials which should be use for fixing and so on.

Whatever im sure that this is good news for the tradies! hopefully :goofy:

Guest carlj3108

Hey Dragsterwish, I'm an Arch Associate too.....

So being TOP PRIORITY....do you think this is this a glimmer of hope that we have been waiting for, and we'll be on the SMP list?

So where abouts are you on the visa pathway?

Carl

Hi, i cant compare this to england but i know from germany that there is def. a different between new build in of windows or keep the old look from a historic building. Different Materials which should be use for fixing and so on.

Whatever im sure that this is good news for the tradies! hopefully :goofy:

I very much agree.........but how many HISTORIC buildings do W.A. have that need re-furbing........as opposed to newly built housing/offices/shopping malls........thats what I dont get with the original trade listing ...carpenter and joiner (tradespeople trained in heritage and restoration work)........this is what needs to be clarified.

Archived