This part of the world is just fantastic!!!

Que Sera Sera

We have been here a week now and I cannot praise this country and the people we have encountered enough. Nothing and I mean nothing has been too much trouble. From shopping to banking, to Centrelink and Medicare, the post office the chemist to the car sales man that sold us our car, everyone has been so welcoming.

Matt went to the local supermarket this morning for bread and milk. He took ages sorting out his change and said to the lady, Im sorry Im new and still getting used to the money. The lady said " no worries mate take your time, have you been to the beach yet apparently you can see the whales swimming today" she then drew him a map to show where to go!!

When I went to fill up the car with petrol I had parked on the prepay pump and the assistant patently told me how to work it without a hint of scarcasm and was interested on where we had come from.

One week in and I love this country and I love the people :wubclub:

Guest waddys

Hi Catherine, It's Kerry from South Glos here, So good to hear that you're settling in. Can't wait to be joining you out there in September. Am tearing my hair out packing and throwing things away in readiness for shippers end of the month! Nine wks til countdown! Glad things have worked out for you guys! xxx

Guest Aldo

Great to hear you're luvin it. Watch them car salesmen though, see how welcoming he is when you drop by to ask him to fix a problem with the car that popped up as soon as you got it home. (hypothetically)

Hi Catherine, we are in Port Kennedy, next door to you, & I have to agree with you whole heartedly. Everyone we have spoken to since we've been here (6 weeks now) have been so, so nice. We've felt so comfortable & at home since we got here. Good luck with the rest of your new lives here, I know you've gone through an awful lot to get here! X X X

Guest siamsusie

Lovely post Catherine.... and its still winter, the best is yet to come... enjoy your lives, yes its a good country love Susie x

Archived