wynnum bayside meet up?

Guest nixster

Guest nixster

Hi all

my name is Nic and my partner is Ed. We moved to Wynnum from the UK 4 weeks ago and are loving the area. We just wondered if anybody fancied meeting up?We have 3 children aged 13, 12 and 3 next week. Quite an age range lol. I work full time at the PA hospital in Brisbane. Ed is not working yet. So if there are any families, mums, dads or peeps without kids that would like to meet up give us a shout.

Cheers

Nic :cute:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi Nic and Ed and welcome to Wynnum, its a beautiful place isnt it. we live in Wynnum West, been in Australia for a year now and in Wynnum for 7 months, though lived just down the road in Belmont before that.. we dont have any young kids here but our 18yr old will be out in September. We are always keen to meet new people. I work at the Mater Kids so shift pattern allowing always up for a coffee.

Lynne and Chris

Guest nixster
hi Nic and Ed and welcome to Wynnum, its a beautiful place isnt it. we live in Wynnum West, been in Australia for a year now and in Wynnum for 7 months, though lived just down the road in Belmont before that.. we dont have any young kids here but our 18yr old will be out in September. We are always keen to meet new people. I work at the Mater Kids so shift pattern allowing always up for a coffee.

Lynne and Chris

hiya Lynne coffee sounds good to me as well. Wynnum is lovely i agree. I work full time a mixture of earlies and lates we will need to try and co ordinate our work lol Does your husband work? Ed is currently looking for a job in maybe retail. Thats what hes used to doing. So far were enjoying oz.:rolleyes:

Nic and Ed

I'd love to be counted in folks - but I might have to wait a week or two :yes: We are just putting in an application for a rental in Manly but are staying in temp accommodation in Woolloongabba at the mo. Fingers crossed we get the manly place! By the way, we have a 9 year old! Hubby hopes to be working soon and I will be too but not until January - studying 'till then.

Guest nixster
I'd love to be counted in folks - but I might have to wait a week or two :yes: We are just putting in an application for a rental in Manly but are staying in temp accommodation in Woolloongabba at the mo. Fingers crossed we get the manly place! By the way, we have a 9 year old! Hubby hopes to be working soon and I will be too but not until January - studying 'till then.

hi myrtle

consider yourself counted in as well then!!! keep us posted about your rental, manly is lovely.Its a 15min walk along the foreshore from our house we go there often.

Nic and Ed:cute:

HI Nic and Myrtle 1,,,, just send me a pm folks always up for a coffee/wine/beer whatever is on offer lol.... Nic my hubby Chris works at the Mate as a Wardie, he found it hard to find work when we first got here and had a couple of jobs which didnt work out... he ran his own PC repair business in the UK which he is starting up again now, its getting better but still not enough work coming in to do it full time.. hence the wadie job... which he loves by the way.

Myrtle1 how is that for coincidence.. we stayed in temp accommodation in woolongabba too.. hope for your sake it is not the same unit!!!!!.

I'm off to bed now but will pm both of you my phone number so we can arrange something very soon... hope you get the Manly place.. it really is lovely here .

Myrtle1 how is that for coincidence.. we stayed in temp accommodation in woolongabba too.. hope for your sake it is not the same unit!!!!!.

I'm off to bed now but will pm both of you my phone number so we can arrange something very soon... hope you get the Manly place.. it really is lovely here .

Ha :laugh: We are in a fantastic place - a gorgeous 2 bed queenslander - beautifully renovated! Not sure I would've fancied yours :no: Look forward to a meet up !

sounds way better than our 1 bed grotty unit with a kitchen you could stand in the middle of and touch both sides of the wall and a bathroom off the living room !!!!! no garden, no internet, and in a very dodgy area lol.. still it was only for 4 weeks, which thinking back was 3 and a half too long.

hope to see you soon

Guest cosmicsis

hey guys count me in. We are arriving on 19th August and i start work at Mater in Sept but looking for a long term rental in Wynnam area (fingers crossed). So please keep me updated re: wine/coffee meetings. Hopefully see you soon, Claire x

I'm not coming to your meet up (don't be sad) just noticed all the Mater nurses. My boy had his tonsils out there, just like to say the staff and hospital where excellent.:wubclub:

hey love the photo! If you look like that you are welcome!! ha ha

that's Dr Karl!! don't tell me you didn't know:shocked:

Guest cosmicsis

of course i did! I kissed him about ten years ago at a backpacker hostel in Melbourne!! And Harold Bishop! Good pic though!

of course i did! I kissed him about ten years ago at a backpacker hostel in Melbourne!! And Harold Bishop! Good pic though!

you kissed Dr Karl :notworthy::notworthy:

Guest cosmicsis

yeah - i have the photo to prove it, alas no scanner though! very cheesy i know - only a quick one, no tongues or anything! :daydreaming:

yeah - i have the photo to prove it, alas no scanner though! very cheesy i know - only a quick one, no tongues or anything! :daydreaming:

i was gonna ask any tongues but thought i better not but seeing as you mentioned it, did he have a sneaky grope?

How about Paul Lasiter (with the gammy leg) did you see him?

Hi Claire, you are more than welcome, the more the merrier, What ward are you starting on at the Mater. Wont be long till you are here how are the last minute plans going... and the farewell parties.... it got so I was sick of drinking and going out lol x

Guest cosmicsis

Hi Lynn, that be great! I am going to be based at the Diabetes Centre there. Just starting goodbyes - family meal sun, other friends over spare days and big party on 7th. It will be pretty full on from now on i reckon. Just got some currency today and 2 ozzie adaptors. getting there all important stuff sorted before we go. Then all the mega stuff like a longer term rental and car and phones etc etc when we get there. Where are you working?

Hi Claire, I work on a childrens Medical ward, and I've never seen so much diabetes as i do here. We must get one new IDDM a week, sometimes more, and they are getting younger too. I think you will be a busy lady lol... New IDDMS stay in hosptial for 3 days for education from the diabetes unit educators.

If I remember rightly we brought 8 aussie adaptors with us and needed more initially till we changed all our plugs over (which we still have'nt done) I still keep finding stuff we dont use often with english plugs. Also bring some english extension leads, Aussie homes dont seem to have as many electrical sockets as we do, or maybe we just have not found the right house.

Enjoy the celebrations, we planned on haveing just one big party but ended up have lots of small events too. My family is scattered all over the UK so we had a bit of an extended leaving do, The airport was the worst though, you think you are prepared for it but its the pits, so deep breath and keep focussed on what lies ahead.

all the best

Lynne

I'd love to be counted in folks - but I might have to wait a week or two :yes: We are just putting in an application for a rental in Manly but are staying in temp accommodation in Woolloongabba at the mo. Fingers crossed we get the manly place!

Hey folks .... just heard our application for the house in Manly was successful :jiggy:A happy happy day as hubby has just been offered a job too :jiggy: The wine's chilling - YAY ! See you when we arrive - lease starts on 5th August!!

Hey folks .... just heard our application for the house in Manly was successful :jiggy:A happy happy day as hubby has just been offered a job too :jiggy: The wine's chilling - YAY ! See you when we arrive - lease starts on 5th August!!

OMG what a good day it's been for you!!! They say things happen in 3's so maybe you'll win lotto tonight or something!!!!!

Congrats on the house AND the job for your hubby!!

Love

Rudi

x

OMG what a good day it's been for you!!! They say things happen in 3's so maybe you'll win lotto tonight or something!!!!!

Congrats on the house AND the job for your hubby!!

Love

Rudi

x

Thanks so much - bit blown away by the job and house news today! We're so very happy!!

Look forward to a meet up very soon x x

Archived