457 Visa

Guest mark&robyn

Hey,

We are using an agent & we are nearly at 3 weeks.

Hopefully not too much longer.

Good luck!

waiting to hear answers to how long will it take for the 457 visa,could I also ask as a holder of a British passport born in the UK do you need to have full marks in the IELKS test to be a nurse? as a job offer is there waiting but failed twice in the test already, waiting for results of third test got a fourth one booked just in case asking on behalf of my sons girlfriend thanks

regards Lynda

The agent we are using (Ogrady Peyton) are about the apply for our 457 visa with everything in place.

From your experiences how long does it normally take to get one?

Mine took around 3 weeks, that does seem to be about average, whereabouts you headed? 457's seem to be very popular these days good luck to ya

Steve

Guest geordielassinspain

Hi I'm using the same company as you and also going to melbourne. My forms went in last week, let me know how you get on too.

Guest ScotsMcW

Hi - with regards to the IELTS test, as a midwife and I guess the same applies to nurses, I was told you need to get minimums of 7's in each section to pass. Hope that helps. I found the Test Revision Book which I bought from IELTS really helped me prepare for mine, which I was lucky enough to pass well first time - you'll get there for sure! x

Guest mark&robyn

Has anyone any updates on processing times of 457's?

I'm nearly at 4 weeks & still nothing!

Guest mark&robyn

Hey,

Already in QLD, Sunshine Coast but on tourist visa.

The wait is awful, as plenty of people know! It feels like the day will never come!

Where are you headed?

Guest simondbsmith

If i can give you any advice, dont use an agent its a total waste of money!! Its so easy to do your own 457 and you save a fortune. Just make sure you have everything inplace like health, supporting docs etc and it wont take long. Got ours in 2 weeks.

Guest mark&robyn

Hey Lisa & Ian,

Sponsorship approved in April, we had a problem with nomination & was refused but have reapplied nomination & application with an agent.

Good luck, I'm hoping this week will be a good week!

Guest mark&robyn

Hi

Yes passed TRA but that is for 121/856. We are still waiting for Nomination to be looked at for that visa too!

Archived