Anyone in the Sunshine Coast up for Coffee and Cakes?

Guest CALFIN

Guest CALFIN

Hi Everone!

Just arrived here in Buderim 4 weeks ago with my partner and 3 children, 2 boys, 11 and 5 and 1 girl,9.

Wondered if anyone fancied meeting for a coffee one day when kids are at school and before I go back to work!!!!

Hi

I am arranging a casual coffee meeting on 11th August in Coolum "My Place Cafe" 10am for newcomers to the Sunshine Coast if you are interested in joining us ... Kama

Guest annieross

Hey i'd definately be interested! I'm a 27 year old english nurse, been here for couple of months. my partner is aussie and we met in london. we live in maroochydore. I cant start work yet as my registration hasnt come through, although i have a job at nambour hospital. its quite frustrating, ive been getting bored!

i'd be keen to meet on the 11th in coolum and around here. would mooloolaba be good for you calfin?

Annie

Guest CALFIN

Mooloolaba sounds good! Let me know a date what suits? I'm a nurse too and also have a job lined up at Nambour.!

Guest annieross

awesome! are you having probs with your registration too or do you have it already? i am going to pick up some shifts as an AIN for the moment, both at nambour and for a nursing agency. ill just see what shifts i get this week and next and ill message you!

Guest CALFIN

OK! Let me know when you can! I got my registration sorted before I left the UK.I'm just getting everyone settled before I start work. It would be good if anyone else wants to join us........coffee at Mooloolaba anyone?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest annieross

hi guys,

me and a few others have organised a 'poms' get together on fri night at the buderim tavern. I think there shouls be about 12 people coming. we're planning to meet at 7 so let me know if you and your partners and children (if you have any) would be keen to come.

hope you can make it,

annie xx

Guest cazbeckham

Annie

What room did you put aside for the Friday meeting? Did you want me to have a word with them at the Tavern for the back room where we have our quiz night to see if it's free?

If not and we are going to the restaurant have you booked a table as it can get busy on a weekend.

Caz

Guest annieross

Hi Caz, I awaiting numbers before I book. But it would be great if you could book an area in the room you mentioned. I think there are about 12 people at present.

Cheers

Guest cazbeckham

Hi Annie

I rang the tavern just now (10am) and spoke to the events organiser and told him about Poms in Oz Forum and explained what we are doing.

IF you go in the right hand door of the Buderim Tavern and straight through to the back on the internal verandah (where they hold the Triv evening on a Tuesday) they are going to set up a table for about 20 people with menus so we can order bar food from there.

They would normally totally block it off from public but it would cost so I said not to worry as a table for 20 people would be fine and if there is anymore I am to let them know.

It is booked under Carol Beckham (alias Posh 'n' Becks) hahahahaha at 7pm they call it the sports bar area - not where the pokies are but because there is a pool table there.

Pub is lovely and so is the staff.

Can you let me know if there are updates over 20 people.

Caz

Guest annieross

wow, thanks for that! I definately dont think there will be over 20, i think there might be 12-14 at the moment. See you friday at 7pm x

Guest cazbeckham

Calfin

Hope to see you at Buderim Tavern on Friday evening

IF you go in the right hand door of the Buderim Tavern and straight through to the back on the internal verandah we will all be there 7pm Friday 3rd Sept.

See ya

Guest CALFIN
Hi.

Probably a bit late in replying to your thread to meet up, but I live in Caloundra and Im also a nurse. Been here a few months now and would love to meet up when next arranging anything!

Let us know!:laugh:

Hi! We are meeting tomorrow (Tuesday )for coffee .Would be great if you could come ! I'll pm you the details. If not then we will probably be there next week. Hope to see you!

Guest Mrs PuffPuff

Hi guys it's now just gone 7 and I've just logged on for the first time since my partner and I arrived here in oz two weeks ago. Had we have read you messages before we would have loved to have met you all to, were gutted. Hope your having a great time. So when are you meeting next as we would love to come. I too am a nurse and I start work at nambour on Thursday the 9th. How cool that you guys will be working there too. We live at mooloolaba on the esplanade, any one fancy a coffee or power walk? I promise we will check on poms more often xx

Guest cazbeckham

Hi Mandy

It was great to meet you too and every one else. I have now emailed all the contact details to everyone. Hope we can all meet up again, maybe for a park bbq/beer/wine

Caz

Mooloolaba sounds good! Let me know a date what suits? I'm a nurse too and also have a job lined up at Nambour.!

Hi Nurses

What wards did you get offered at Nambour and when do you start? My wife had a telephone interview 2 weeks ago and we had not heard anything till this week so assumed she had not been successful. They are now asking for references and wondered if that was a good sign? She has also been offer a job on the Gold coast so we have some thinking to do hopefully!

JOHN

Hi guys it's now just gone 7 and I've just logged on for the first time since my partner and I arrived here in oz two weeks ago. Had we have read you messages before we would have loved to have met you all to, were gutted. Hope your having a great time. So when are you meeting next as we would love to come. I too am a nurse and I start work at nambour on Thursday the 9th. How cool that you guys will be working there too. We live at mooloolaba on the esplanade, any one fancy a coffee or power walk? I promise we will check on poms more often xx

Power walk???? :chatterbox: Is this the same Ange that I said good bye to 2 weeks ago?:biglaugh:

JOHN

Guest Mrs PuffPuff

You cheeky bugger, yes a power walk, I go every day some times even twice!!!! Im getting rather addicted to it you know, and it appears to be the in thing here. Its great fun and the views are amazing alongside the ocean breeze. Were going boogie boarding today, flippers and all.

So any other poms out there fancy a power walk, boogie boarding or even a barbie with several bottle of beer/wine with my fella and I? We live at Mooloolaba.

Were both in our thirties, im a nurse starting at nambour hospital in two days time and Matt is a builder. Enjoy the sunshine everyone xxxx

Ange and Matt xx

Archived