get together Springfield

Guest The Gore Family

Guest The Gore Family

Hi to all out there we are the Gore Family & we have landed in Springfield Outside Brisbane.

We are in rented accom at moment in Springfield but will be looking for a place on the other side in Springfield Lakes area.

We would love to meet up with more people who are in the area for coffee or BBQ's

We are trying to find schools for our children at the moment. Rachel is 13 Sam is 18 on Monday 2nd August & Ethan is 5 any info would help us thanks

Wife is a Midwife starting at the Mater on 8th August so anyone else working there??

I am a Professional tennis Coach looking at setting coaching sessions up in the area.

We would love to hear from anyone who wants to get together.

All the best

David Heather & Family:biggrin::hug:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Pom Queen

Hi David, Heather and family congratulations on your arrival in Australia. How do you like Springfield?

Kate

Guest The Gore Family

Hi Kate

Love Oz so far wife not so shaw yet had some bad days but still here hope she will feel better when at work kids love it Springfield is ok but we will move to Augustine heights after rental up as kids have got into school there.

Hows Cold Melbourne had snow yet??

David

Hi Kate

Love Oz so far wife not so shaw yet had some bad days but still here hope she will feel better when at work kids love it Springfield is ok but we will move to Augustine heights after rental up as kids have got into school there.

Hows Cold Melbourne had snow yet??

David

Hi Dave & Co,

Not there ...yet but if house sale keeps going through, then we should be in Springfield Lakes in Nov!

We are moving in with rels initially until we get a rental sorted - sounds pretty difficult?!?! I am a nurse but not aiming on working until kids in school and settled - son of 12, daughter 7.

Hope that you all settle in and that your wifes Down days become fewer - really not looking forward to saying our goodbyes and have no doubt that there will be some dodgy days to come - inevitable really when such a major upheaval!

Best wishes to you all x

Guest The Gore Family
Hi Dave & Co,

Not there ...yet but if house sale keeps going through, then we should be in Springfield Lakes in Nov!

We are moving in with rels initially until we get a rental sorted - sounds pretty difficult?!?! I am a nurse but not aiming on working until kids in school and settled - son of 12, daughter 7.

Hope that you all settle in and that your wifes Down days become fewer - really not looking forward to saying our goodbyes and have no doubt that there will be some dodgy days to come - inevitable really when such a major upheaval!

Best wishes to you all x

Hi Rahrah

Springfield lakes is great down by the lake you will like this area however if you are away from the lake it is not as nice,

In Oz you have been used to larger blocks of land where you can put a house and have space around you, Here in the Lakes it is like the UK alot of the houses are very close to one another, in some cases you look out of your window into someone elses window.

Alot of the house dont have enough room for a pool which having lived in Oz before I know you need for summer.

That is not to say you can not find a better property but it is not the norm here.

If you are in the lakes area you will be able to get your youngest into Springfield Lakes Primary which is very good but you need to be in the catchment area, we have tried to get our 5 year old in but we are not in the catchment as we have rental in Springfield not the lakes side so we have got our 13 year old into the private school at Augustine Heights & will look to put little lad there in 2011.

Rentals are not cheap if you want a big place we have looked at lot of property over the last few weeks in the lakes around $450 to $600 per week top end i know there is a house being built which will be for rent in the lakes area with a pool in Sep10 going up at $570 per week.

We will be moving to the Augustine Heights area for 2011 as you get bigger plots not so crowded and still nice parks for the kids.

Cost of living is on a par with UK it is not cheaper over all however some things are cheaper but other are more so dont expect a cheaper life, i think it is a better life for the kids & us so i dont regret the move & if the exchange rate was better houses would be more affordable.

Over all a great place to live & when you come over please get intouch & come & have a BBQ and a beer.

All the best with the sale of the house

if you want anymore info PM us & we will be happy to help:cool:

David Heather & Kids

Hi Rahrah

Springfield lakes is great down by the lake you will like this area however if you are away from the lake it is not as nice,

In Oz you have been used to larger blocks of land where you can put a house and have space around you, Here in the Lakes it is like the UK alot of the houses are very close to one another, in some cases you look out of your window into someone elses window.

Alot of the house dont have enough room for a pool which having lived in Oz before I know you need for summer.

That is not to say you can not find a better property but it is not the norm here.

If you are in the lakes area you will be able to get your youngest into Springfield Lakes Primary which is very good but you need to be in the catchment area, we have tried to get our 5 year old in but we are not in the catchment as we have rental in Springfield not the lakes side so we have got our 13 year old into the private school at Augustine Heights & will look to put little lad there in 2011.

Rentals are not cheap if you want a big place we have looked at lot of property over the last few weeks in the lakes around $450 to $600 per week top end i know there is a house being built which will be for rent in the lakes area with a pool in Sep10 going up at $570 per week.

We will be moving to the Augustine Heights area for 2011 as you get bigger plots not so crowded and still nice parks for the kids.

Cost of living is on a par with UK it is not cheaper over all however some things are cheaper but other are more so dont expect a cheaper life, i think it is a better life for the kids & us so i dont regret the move & if the exchange rate was better houses would be more affordable.

Over all a great place to live & when you come over please get intouch & come & have a BBQ and a beer.

All the best with the sale of the house

if you want anymore info PM us & we will be happy to help:cool:

David Heather & Kids

Hi Dave & co,

Hope you are all settling in and beginning to feel more at home!

Thanks for all the info - pm'd you x

Archived