State Sponsorship Info needed

mandymcqueen

Hey guys

Just wondering if anyone could tell me a little about the state sponsorship. I have tried looking into it but I dont seem to be getting anywhere and my agent is on hols for a month so cant ask her.

I am a hairdresser living in Queensland if that helps any.

Thanks

Mandy

Hey guys

Just wondering if anyone could tell me a little about the state sponsorship. I have tried looking into it but I dont seem to be getting anywhere and my agent is on hols for a month so cant ask her.

I am a hairdresser living in Queensland if that helps any.

Thanks

Mandy

Well... Every State has certain occupation requirements. They have a list of Skills that they need. If your occupation is on the list and if you meet the needs of the state (varies from state to state), you can apply to that State to sponsor you. If you succeed in obtaining State Sponsorship, it has various advantages in the current scenario. In your case, if you have not yet filed for a visa, you will need State Sponsorship as your occupation is not in the new SOL. State Sponsorship also gives you priority processing of around 1 yr as compared to a of around 2-3 years.

Hope this is clear :biggrin:

PS - Since most states are not sponsoring at the moment, you will have to wait to see which state will be sponsoring your occupation. These lists are expected after the elections i.e. September

Archived