I need a Visa card

LittleRebecca

I am here on a working holiday visa (WHV) and I am having to use my UK card to pay for flights and stuff on the net. It is not an issue at present as I do not spend a lot, just annoying! I am with BankWest and have just a normal card. No overdraught, no visa, not sure of the name but prob the same card that a young teenager would get.

I think you can get a credit card that you basically draw down on i.e. you put $500 in the account and you can use the Visa card against the funds rather than being given "true" credit. That way the bank doesn't see you as a risk given that you only have a WHV.

Hope someone else can provide more details.

Would have thought as long as you loaded a card with money and couldn't spend more than that no-one would have a problem whether you were resident or not.

Might be worth speaking to NAB as they have "migrant centres" in some of the major shopping malls where there are a lot of expats and see if they can help.

Would have thought as long as you loaded a card with money and couldn't spend more than that no-one would have a problem whether you were resident or not.

Might be worth speaking to NAB as they have "migrant centres" in some of the major shopping malls where there are a lot of expats and see if they can help.

Brillant thanks for the Woolworthds card.

In reply to the above question everything has to be checked due to laundering money and so forth. The Woolworths card you can only have $1000 on it.

:arghh: I am axcited just solved my money issue xxx

Archived