457 Visa and arrival in Australia

blobby1000

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Our 457 visa has arrived which is wonderful news!:biggrin:

However, we do not want to fly to Australia until November 1st (which we have stated to our emmigation agent clearly since the start) and I want to start work on 15th November.

My question is this......

Is there anything on the visa that states you must arrive in Australia and commence work within a certain timeframe after visa is granted? Our emmigration agent is keen for us to go within 2 months, we want it to be 3 months (and we have a sensible reason, if we go before novemeber we have to repay £5000 in maternity pay to the NHS!):huh:

Thanks for your help, I have looked all over the internet to find out but have not managed to do so!

Rob:swoon:

Congratulations on getting your 457 visa. I'm still trying to pass the IELTS.

I can't answer your question I am afraid, but interested to know how long it took you to get your visa ?

Also would like to know your original question myself.

Are you a nurse?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Our 457 visa has arrived which is wonderful news!:biggrin:

However, we do not want to fly to Australia until November 1st (which we have stated to our emmigation agent clearly since the start) and I want to start work on 15th November.

My question is this......

Is there anything on the visa that states you must arrive in Australia and commence work within a certain timeframe after visa is granted? Our emmigration agent is keen for us to go within 2 months, we want it to be 3 months (and we have a sensible reason, if we go before novemeber we have to repay £5000 in maternity pay to the NHS!):huh:

Thanks for your help, I have looked all over the internet to find out but have not managed to do so!

Rob:swoon:

I always though that you only had a month to start work after getting the visa, but if your agent is saying two months then that can't be right. Perhaps you should ask the agent why he has a preference for you starting work in 2 rather than 3 months.

I assume your employer is happpy with this arrangement, to be honest, I would have thought they more than anyone else would determine this. Most 457 visa applicants that I have seen make the move over quite quickly.

You are right that it is hard to find any answers to this on line, I have just had a look on the government website but found zilch.

we did the same thing (waited 3 month ) after getting our 457 before comming out. I was on a 3 month notice period and we wanted to see our daughter finish the school year. we supplied a letter from Cath's employer stating the start date to the diac who accepted it no problem. The only real thing to note is that your 4 years (or however long they have given you) starts running from the issue of the visa, not the date of entry into the country.

weve now been in Sydney 2 weeks and are finalising the local paperwork side of things, (Medicare, TFN's ect.) PM me if you would like any more advice.

Regards

Guest guest36187

The 457 long stay business visa runs for 4 years and start date depends on your employer.

For me (2005) I landed on the wednesday adn was at work on the Thursday! There was NO flexibility!!!

Yeah I am struggling to get a 7 for the reading part of the IELTS.

I am an RGN.

How long did it take to get your registration from APHRA?

Archived