Pommy Friends Wanted :)

Guest wenders411

Guest wenders411

Hi There!!

I am moving back over to Sydney in the next couple of weeks.

I've previously lived there for 2 years on a WHV and a student visa, and I'm returning while applying for a defacto visa with my boyfriend (who has ozzy citizenship and is over there now.)

We will probably be living around the inner-west area, although we have not found a place yet.

We would love to make some great new friends over there, so would love to hear from anyone interested in meeting up!

It will be great to have a network of "Pommy mates" :)

I am originally from the North West of England and my boyfriend is from Dublin. We are 29 and 34.

Get in touch and lets meet up! :)

Guest wenders411

Hi StaceyP & Britbrat!

Of course Id love to make friends with Aussies too! As this website is called PomsinOZ i just figured it was for UK people moving over to Australia, that why i had addressed Pomms in my thread. Do Australians read this forum too to find UK mates?

I am new to the website so i may have been mislead by the websites title?

For me personally moving away from the UK is such a big deal and i really find it hard being apart from all my friends from home, i do have a number of Australian friends over there already who i love dearly. Sometimes however i think it would be nice to have some friends from the UK too! ... which is why i looked up this website!

Hope this helps!

Guest Britbrat

Hey Wenders411

We are just winding you up ! :laugh:

I am from South Africa and I moved to England and I hate England weather so much so I am thinking of moving to OZ.

I am looking for UK, SA and OZ friends when I move to OZ !

So Hi wenders411 !

:hug:

Guest wenders411

Haha, Im worried now i may have offended all nationalities by using Pomms in my title!

I might prepare myself for some abuse heading my way! Dont think i can change it now i've posted can i?

I am interested in meeting as many people as possible to be honest from anywhere and everywhere. I think to find good friends really makes the move a lot easier!

Where in Australia are you thinking of moving too? Weather is lovely in UK at the moment, but give it a few more months, weeks or possibly days it will all be over for another year! :)

Guest OzzieAngel

Hi,

I'm arriving in Sydney on September 21st '10 with my 24 year old daughter.

The idea is to stay somewhere in Sydney for a few weeks, then - if I have enough cash

left, to buy a motorhome and travel on up and around, photographing old colonial

homes.

We both have UK and Oz passports, so we can work of course, and we don't have any time schedule restraints.

Can anyone suggest where we might stay cheaply while in Sydney?

Or if they know of a motorhome available?

We'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Richard & Rachael

Don't be afraid to make friends with Poms just cause you are moving to Oz. After over 20 years here i found this site and have met some of the greatest people! It never occured to me in all those years to look for poms to be friends with, most of our other friends are aussies. But there is something familiar with poms and i have really ejoyed meeting the people from this site.

Guest wenders411

Thanks Scoucers!

I wish i had discovered this site a couple of years ago, it seems like there is a proper little community going on here which is nice to see. Cant wait to get back over there and get meeting some of you!

Archived