Should I give up

mandymcqueen

Having a dilema, been in Oz for over 2 years now, student visa as a Hairdresser, with everything that has happened only option for us is sponsorship. This is nearly impossible to get and to be honest I am struggling to even get a job. I was working in a great salon until December when I left to have my 2nd bub then it was too quiet for me to go back to work. every time a prospective employer asks if I have PR and I tell them no, they all say the want people with PR.

With my oldest due to start school next year, should we just give up and return to UK to get him settled in or should we risk staying another 18 months to try and get sponsorship.

I dont know what to do.

Can you afford for your child to go to school? If you are still on a bridging visa then it will cost you international student fees for him.

You can take your newfound skills back to UK, probably get a job and get free education but I guess if you can afford to stay and hope that maybe someone will sponsor you and if you really want to stay here then go for it.

My hairdresser here in the UK says that business is still good for her despite the credit crunch. Her reasoning is that although people may leave it longer between cuts, they still need it done eventually, which I guess is true so I would imagine getting a job to be relatively easy. Would it be an idea to email some job centres back here to get an idea of what the market is like for hairdressers? Just a thought.

I'm the practical person so I would be returning if I were in your position unless I had a fair bit of cash to tide me over, mainly because of the general cost of sending kids to school. It must be heartbreaking if you don't want to come back and have to and I feel so sorry for people who do. Best of luck

Archived