Hope this helps

mandymcqueen

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Mandy

I've put the feelers out, to find out whether anyone in Oz has heard of Ms Myers.

The "contact us" form does not work - which is naffing inefficient - and no postal address is given - which makes me uneasy.

Also, the website seems to be aimed at encouraging South Africans to believe that they can get sponsored jobs via this "Nab The Job" agency.

Do you know anything about this agency and Ms Myers - who seems to run it - please?

Do you know what they charge?

Have you seen anything definite to prove that they find sponsors for people?

Uncertain.

Gill

Guest Jamie Smith

It's a common set up. The CV writer who contracts to improve CVs for recruitment agent clients also markets to the individual, leveraging the recruitment agent network they have. "I'll tell you what, I'll do your CVs for a fixed fee if you send me your job vacancies for my website, and perhaps share the commission".

The CV writer then gets direct contact with some employers.

And that's it. They're limited in opportunities by doing business with who they have had contact with, and which employers deal with their tame recruitment agents. This is evidenced by the service offerings for a few hundred dollars, where an automated email fires off the CVs to a fixed number of employers that are known to the business. And they might be automatically sending a few similar CVs to each client at one time, which further reduces the "cut through" of any one CV.

Any job seeker should be aware that only 1/4 of jobs are placed via recruiters or online portals, so 75% of anyone's job search effort should be tailored to chasing the 75% of jobs that are placed privately.

At Hire A Migrant, we often end up contacting a few hundred employers to find vacancies, and we do it by direct approach on the phone rather than standard format email that suddenly appears in an inbox along with other messages. When our email arrives with the recommended client's CV, the employer is expecting it.

I guess anonymous email works for a few people with the most critical skills, especially those who want to work in remote locations in the mining industry which dominates the site's job listings. At least those mining employers have learned to sponsor migrants!

Nadine Myers (nee Roussouw?) has a professional enough profile and appears to work hard at what she does. No issues there.

She may be quite busy working for her fixed employer network and could be useful to people with particular occuaptions, after all a job offer is a job offer.

However I believe that the one to one direct approach to employers is more fruitful, even if it is more time consuming.

The two websites nabthatjob and sponsorshipaustralia are I suspect controlled by the same person. This should be made more clear on both sites otherwise it's a bit of false marketing to set up a separate website to recommend your other business and pretend otherwise.

Hi all

I just stumble across this website one day, I thought it was a reliable website as when you click on any of the jobs it redirects you to say SEEK - Australia's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site where the job was originally advertised, where you could then apply on seek for the vacancy. So I wasnt aware that there was a fee as you could apply via another website.

To be honest I didnt pay much attention to the CV section or anything, just clicked on a couple of the vacancies.

Mandy

Guest Jamie Smith

Gday again

I think any recruitment website that provides job vacancies should state if the jobs are accessed through the agency or not.

It's perhaps misleading to market employer approach services and job vacancies together, where:

a) it is not made clear that the listed vacancies are NOT with the agency and are only a link to a common web site, and

b) the employers in the list are not necessarily the ones being approached - the linked employers have vacancies, the cold call ones might not. The info on the web site kind of implies that the cold call employers have the vacancies???

Have to be clear and trasparent about what is being offered, methinks.

Archived