163-9 months err Not

163ALLOUT

Hi all

Very frustrated 163 business visa applicant.

Has anybody recently received their visas yet?

My visa application lodged November 09 still no news. I emailed the DIAC as the 9 month timeline came around. The reply I got was yes they are still working to 9 months but hadn't allocated me a case officer yet and couldn't tell me when they would. Bit confused, they state they are working to 9 months but haven't started applicants who have been waiting 9 months. I wish they would just say it'll be 12 months rather than keep you in limbo.:arghh:

Sold my house and moving into rented, just the business to dispose of and then we are good to go.

If anyone has had any movement please let me know.

Thanks

Jon W

Hi, We're in the position. Lodged 14/10/09 and still no news. Contacted them a few times but usually get the same automated response. From what I can gather from other PIO's is that 11-12 mths is now the norm. We are hopefully just about to exchange on home and business and are also now going to front load meds and police checks to try and speed things up.

Hi,

I posted a couple of months ago to give all the 163's a boost. I was a Sept 09 applicant and was fortunate enough to receive a co in june meds/pcc and visa granted within 4weeks.We had sold our business and home last summer so it has been an awful and painful wait. It's the not knowing thats the hardest and living in limbo,but it all just seems to happen quick in the end. keep your spirits high, you

will get there!.

I'm not sure it really speeds up the process by having meds frontloaded, as they received mine 9th july and visa granted 16th july and it seems to be the last thing requested if your business plan is accepted.

Hope you hear something soon

Nicki x

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all

Very frustrated 163 business visa applicant.

Has anybody recently received their visas yet?

My visa application lodged November 09 still no news. I emailed the DIAC as the 9 month timeline came around. The reply I got was yes they are still working to 9 months but hadn't allocated me a case officer yet and couldn't tell me when they would. Bit confused, they state they are working to 9 months but haven't started applicants who have been waiting 9 months. I wish they would just say it'll be 12 months rather than keep you in limbo.:arghh:

Sold my house and moving into rented, just the business to dispose of and then we are good to go.

If anyone has had any movement please let me know.

Thanks

Jon W

Hi Jon,

just to let you know that we lodged 10/10/09 and have just got CO 17/9/10... so there is movement!!

hope this gives you a bit of a boost.. shouldn't be too long now

Hi TeamCrouch

Thank you for the update and congratulations!

It's good to hear that there is movement at last, it's painfull being in limbo as you probably know, it's been a long long process with a few highs and a lot of lows but I'm sure it will be worth it once we all get there.

Then there will only be the small matter of sorting out a business when we get there!!

Where are you all heading to?

We are going, hopefully to Caloundra/Mooloolaba area on the SC. Spent a month there last year and my wife and kids all fell in love with the area.

Kind regards

Jon

Hi Jon

We lodged 30th Sept 09 and haven't heard yet. I know of another 163er lodged sept and not heard but now two (above) in October granted and with CO!!

Frustrating as hoped the date order thing would be right but at this rate you could have yours before us!!

We are heading to SA

Mel

Hi Mel

It does seem bizare that the date order queue seems to have gone out of the window. It makes you wonder what criteria they are working to.

Are you heading to Adelaide? We have visited their five times over the last 12 years, my wifes Aunt and Uncle live in Hallet Cove, I know the area pretty well if you need any advise on suburbs etc.

Hope you hear soon fingers crossed.

Kind Regards

Jon

Hi TeamCrouch

Thank you for the update and congratulations!

It's good to hear that there is movement at last, it's painfull being in limbo as you probably know, it's been a long long process with a few highs and a lot of lows but I'm sure it will be worth it once we all get there.

Then there will only be the small matter of sorting out a business when we get there!!

Where are you all heading to?

We are going, hopefully to Caloundra/Mooloolaba area on the SC. Spent a month there last year and my wife and kids all fell in love with the area.

Kind regards

Jon

Hi Jon,

yes getting there and sorting things out is going to be another big challenge!!

We are heading off to Mandurah, south of Perth. Was really torn between east and west but now figure we can always move...

Sitiing waiting for some news from the CO, just so nervous as to what they will say...

Sue

Hi Sue

We're nervous as well, you think you're home and dry with state sponorship then you start having doubts creep in. Do you or does any body know the rejection rate of visas even if you have SS?

It's bloody torture, we are so deperate to go. Just sold our house and moving into rented Friday, another stressful experience. I was told when were granted SS that we would hear within 4/6 months. Due to the delay we have also had to place our son into private senior school as we didn't expect to be here for the new term, we missed the boat on our local secondary school.

Things can only get better as they say.

Regards

Jon

Hi Sue

We're nervous as well, you think you're home and dry with state sponorship then you start having doubts creep in. Do you or does any body know the rejection rate of visas even if you have SS?

It's bloody torture, we are so deperate to go. Just sold our house and moving into rented Friday, another stressful experience. I was told when were granted SS that we would hear within 4/6 months. Due to the delay we have also had to place our son into private senior school as we didn't expect to be here for the new term, we missed the boat on our local secondary school.

Things can only get better as they say.

Regards

Jon

Jon,

No idea about rejection rates... have tried to find out before. It is torture, been such a long process. Thought we'd be there by now and have had to put my little boy into school, hoped we could hold off and he could go to kindergarden out there.

House on the market but no sale as yet. Was hoping we wouldn't have to spend another winter here but can't see us getting there before the new year now, be a good christmas present though!!

I hope everyone hears really quick now, sure it is getting quicker.

Sue

Although they say they were processing in date order, there must be some other criteria. I was a Sept 09 applicant and got CO in June, visa granted 4 weeks later.

No-one seems to know anything anymore!!!

I was told SS was pretty solid for applicant to be accepted. I'm sure it's just a case of ticking the boxes now. It will all happen quickly in the end. I have been homeless and business sold since Aug 09, going out of our brain and existing. The hardest thing I just can't get my head round, is that we have the hardest to go yet with our new business ventures. ( Been so long can't even remember business plan) It's only a temp visa, why does it take so long?

Only 7 weeks 4 days to go!!!! Not that i'm counting

Guest Jamie Smith

DIAC have had to spend shedloads more cash dealing with the housing and processing requirements of the boatpeople. They have diverted staff from other processing areas like business, and are also running short staffed as a result of earlier budget cuts. Stupid really, as immigration grows the tax base.

DIAC have been writing to other departments of Government begging for idle staff to be seconded to DIAC, given a little training and hey presto instant refugee case officer or counsellor.

In business, idle staff are let go not kept on the books.

So the funds DIAC need are being used/wasted in other departments...

Hi Mel

It does seem bizare that the date order queue seems to have gone out of the window. It makes you wonder what criteria they are working to.

Are you heading to Adelaide? We have visited their five times over the last 12 years, my wifes Aunt and Uncle live in Hallet Cove, I know the area pretty well if you need any advise on suburbs etc.

Hope you hear soon fingers crossed.

Kind Regards

Jon

Hi Jon

Thanks for the offer but we have been a few times ourselves and actually own a house in Hahndorf (rented out for now) so we are up to speed there. May well look to build somewhere else in the longer term but unless we can get a sea view without being crammed in or miles from shops etc. then will stay in the hills though maybe Greenfield or Skye for the views.

Mel

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there everyone,

just thought i would add to the thread ....we lodged sept 09 and found out we had been allocated a CO 2 weeks ago, all great we thought until we then found out via our agent the CO is so overloaded he wont be looking at our case for SEVERAL WEEKS! it is so truly excruciating and now at the point of cruel! we to are in last stages of selling our business, having to give notice at the boys school and then take it away again ( the school must think i am nuts) and actually i am now feeling completely NUTS!!! we are heading to Noosa/moolalaba /Alex Headland not sure where we will settle if we indeed we get out there!

not sure if this post has helped or aggravated us business visa applicants but thats our story!!:wacko:

Hi - yes we now have a CO based in Adelaide - even though we lodged in Perth. I guess they must have shipped some out to speed things up.

He e-mailed to say he was working on visas from beginning Sept and as ours was lodged on the 30th it could still be several weeks before he got round to ours.

At least we know we are in the system and things are moving though.

Will update when I hear more.

Archived