Point Cook meetups

Guest claire76

Guest claire76

We (myself, husband and 7yr old daughter) have recentley moved to the area from Sydney and are looking for any expats that would like to meet up. Been in oz since Nov and only been in Melbourne since Aug 2010.

Anyone in point cook area that would like to meet up for a beer/meal/coffee please let us know.

Guest Popeye

Hi Claire

I'm not sure if Allie (my wife-aka allieinoz) has been in touch but i'm sure we would. We're in Sanctuary Lakes and although i work shifts (4 on 4 off) i'm sure we could come up with a suitable date or two.

Look fwd to hearing from you soon

Rgds

Steve

My first job in Melbourne was building in Sanctuary Lakes.When I started there was about 6 houses just off the first roundabout and a couple on the canal.60 grand for a block which seemed massive amount when you could get one in Altona for25-30k.I used to swim in the lake to cool off.You all seem happy there..goodo

Guest Allieinoz

Hi Claire

We have been here about the same time as you, so happy to meet sometime. My husband Steve has also replied to you. Let's get a date fixed.

Allie

Guest Popeye

Hi Elaine, Claire

we're doing a 10k early on Sunday so could meet for coffee/snack on Sunday around 10:30 if you like? Either in Point Cook town or at the Alamanda?

Let us know

Steve

Guest claire76

HI Steve

that great for me should we say the Alamanda as think there is something on in Point Cook Sunday

see u there

Claire

Guest Popeye

Hi Claire

that's a date then ha ha. See you Sunday, outside the Alamanda around 10:30. My mobile is 0458300049 if there are any last minute changes.

rgds

Steve & Allie

Hi both of you,

I will try and meet on sunday, but start without me if I dont make it...

Forgot I am going to a poker afternoon/night at a friends house on Saturday and it could turn into a long day.!!!! Would hate to meet you both with bloodshot eyes and a hangover.!

Claire? Allie? are you both coming tomorrow for lunch?

Elainex

Guest Allieinoz

I'm at work but hope to get along for a drink. Look forward to meeting you on Sunday Claire, if not you as well Elaine.

Allie

x

Guest Wigan Warrior
It was great to meet you all on Sunday, we will have to start a regular meet and maybe try and organize some events.

To echo Claire's comment, it was good to meet everyone at the weekend.

There are a few expats planning to meet for drinks before the Rugby League Four Nations game on the 31st if anyone fancies it (Claire and Halle also going):

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689479

Also planning on going to the microbrewery showcase on Thursday :

Melbourne Microbreweries showcase : British Expat Discussion Forum

Cheers,

Martin

Me & Allie are going as is a a mate and his wife who are coming down from Sydney to watch it as his wifes nephew is in the squad (he plays for Huddersfield but i can't remember his name tho-oops!)

Should be a good day n plenty of beer flowing:-)

Guest Allieinoz

Hi

Does anyone fancy meeting up for a drink at the Alamanda on Friday eve?

Sun is shining so what more of an excuse do you need?

Allie

Guest claire76

Hi Allie

I could meet for a drink as the sun is shinning i don't know if the husband can as i think he is out would I can so if u feel like it after a week in work give us a shout

Claire

I have just joined PIO and am looking to move possibly to Point Cook in april/may next year. Currently we are in the uk but have given my notice in the other week so now very excited about the move (and scared). Is there a good social scene in the area? Are there many families around with kids (we have an 8yr old 6yr old and newborn).

Hi DRneil

although my wife & I don't have kids my impression is that the area has a large amount of families just by seeing the amount of schools this way. We do know a few couples with young children but as for there ages i'm not sure. As for social scene, well it's whatever you are into but i'm sure you'll find something that appeals to you. Point Cook/sanctuary lakes are fab places to live and there location is very suitable to most families, i.e 30 min drive into the city (not at rush hour though!) plenty of places to go, 30 min drive from the airports, not too far from beaches etc and plenty of shops around.

Good luck with yr move

Rgds

Guest beckydrinky81

Hi,

we arrived here on Thursday night and are currently stating in CBD arranged by my husbands company but want to move to point cook had a good look round on fri & sat and really liked the place we have applied for 3 houses over the weekend 2 on the innisfall estate & one near the brook any advice on these areas would be greatly appriciated, not very hopeful of getting a house on our first go but hope so as staying in city with children in a flat is driving me crazy already.

Would love to meet up with anyone for coffee, meal, wine etc, as don't know a single person here.

Becky xx

Archived