163 movement at last!!!!!

163ALLOUT

Hi All

It seems some fingers have been pulled out. Had an email from the DIAC requesting PC and meds only. I'm led to believe that once you submit them then it's only a matter of weeks to get the actual visas?? Does anybody know if that is true! (still in shock, wasn't expecting to hear for a couple of months)

Hopefully one step closer to the sunshine coast

Keep the faith people, fingers crossed for you all

Regards

Jon

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest michaelh

Hi, congratulations, am I right in thinking that you lodged your applicarion in Nov 09' ? We lodged in Oct 09' and have still heard nothing, i must admit the wait is starting to get to me!! I hope you get your visa soon.

Wll done

Michael

Hi All

Thank you Jules, Liz/Warren and Michael for your kind words.

Our application Michael was lodged on 16th November, I wouldn't worry too much

(easier said than done know), I just think they split the applications up betweens CO'S and some are a bit quicker/efficient than others. I did send a very polite email about 3 weeks ago asking about the time frame, I had a standard reply of 'your in the queue mate' but it certainly didn't do me any harm in asking as it turns out.

It will happen for you any day now I'm sure.

keep the faith

Regards

Jon

not necessarily weeks, but yes its a good sign. we applied in december 09 and we had ours requested in feb. we couldnt get them done till end of march, but took till july for visa grant.

but since they are only valid for 12 months, i dont think they would request them without intending to grant the visa in the near future.

Fingers crossed!

Hi All

It seems some fingers have been pulled out. Had an email from the DIAC requesting PC and meds only. I'm led to believe that once you submit them then it's only a matter of weeks to get the actual visas?? Does anybody know if that is true! (still in shock, wasn't expecting to hear for a couple of months)

Hopefully one step closer to the sunshine coast

Keep the faith people, fingers crossed for you all

Regards

Jon

Hi,

Congratulations.This is what you have been waiting for for so long. I have been granted my 163 visa and meds were recieved 9th july, visa granted 16th July.

I was not asked for any further info , CO to Visa grant was 4 weeks in total. I was a Sept 09 applicant. Heading for Noosa in 6 weeks!!!

Hi, congratulations, am I right in thinking that you lodged your applicarion in Nov 09' ? We lodged in Oct 09' and have still heard nothing, i must admit the wait is starting to get to me!! I hope you get your visa soon.

Wll done

Michael

We lodged end Sept 09 and nothing yet!! if we haven't heard anything by end of this month think i will send an e-mail. We are not in a hurry actually so the delay is OK by us just hope our application hasn't fallen down the back of a filing cabinet!!

Guest michaelh

Hi,

Just heard that we have a case officer, brilliant :biggrin:. We did have to email them though to find out. Hope the processing doesn't take too long, we have front loaded med's and PCC but we are applying for a 165 and not a 163.

Things are moving though which is great news

Michael

Guest mgtesta

if all they ask for is PCC and Med's its a done deal unless you have a criminal record or a terminal illness...We were asked for quite a bit more documentation + Meds and PCC...Our 163 was granted yestderday

rgs

just got a reply to our "what's happening " enquiry saying they have forwarded it to our (named) CO! So we have one too - well at least have been allocated to one. Maybe they do this within the 9 month promised timescale but the CO doesn't actually do anything with it for a few months.

So maybe we will hear from them soon - at least we know we are in the system somewhere.

Hi All

Seems like they are now making an effort to catch up, at last.

Great to hear that so many of you have now got CO'S or visas.

Got our Meds booked for tomorrow and PCC applied for so fingers crossed.

Bad news is the bloody £ has tumbled again against the $AUS. :arghh:

Now back at 1.63 which is dire, six weeks ago it was up to 1.80

which makes a hell of a difference when changing your dosh!

I remember getting 2.3 on a visit a few years back, can't see those days returning

anytime soon if ever.

Need interest rates in the UK to go up to increase the £'s value. Anywhere near 1.8 and

I reckon you should jump in and exchange.

Also spoke to ANZ bank to see if I can bank sterling in their bank and get their rates of

about 4.5% on savings. Cake and eat it I'd hoped but you have to change to Aussie$

before receiving that rate. You can do it in the UK but not in Aus.

Oh well you can't have it all. Just have to work harder when we get there.

Regards

Jon

Well now........

Just got reply from our CO saying he is currently working on applications lodged beginning Sept 09 so will be a few weeks before he gets to ours. Interestingly he appears to be based in the Adelaide Business Centre not Perth. Our SS is from SA but I thought they were all still processed in Perth.

If they are farmed out to different states that would explain the fact that all applications are not dealt with in strictly date order just as fast as the individual COs work - or what their backlog is like. Funny I thought less people applied to SA though and other people have visas already from other SS who lodged in October! hey hum.......

Guest munib02

hi everyone just wanted to ask, people with case officer have u guys been asked for recent bank statement and latest accounts for ur business tankyou

hi everyone just wanted to ask, people with case officer have u guys been asked for recent bank statement and latest accounts for ur business tankyou

Financial details lodged with a business skills application should be as at a date that is within 3 months of the date the visa application was submitted.

If such accounts were not lodged with your visa application it is likely the request relates to this requirement.

Best regards.

Client Service Charter

The DIAC Service Standard for low risk (which includes the UK) business skills visa applications is 9 months.

Has anyone applying for a 163 visa since September 2009 received their visa within 9 months?

Has anyone applying for a 163 visa since September 2009 received a substantive reply from a DIAC case officer within 9 months?

I would be grateful for an indication as I intend to (again) take up this matter with the Department.

Best regards.

Hi Alan

We lodged 29th Sept. 09. We heard nothing at all after ack. letter until we sent an e-mail a couple of weeks back just over one year from lodging.

We got a reply from Perth saying they had passed the message to our CO. A couple of days later we got a response from our CO who appears to be based in Adelaide saying he was now working on visas lodged beginning of Sept 09 so would be several weeks before he looked at ours. Polite and apologetic tone to it.

I think they may well have allocated the visa to a CO withing the 9 months BUT then they have just been in a pile!

Some movement recently as people have been getting to know they have a CO (often after e-mailing Perth) maybe because they are farming them out - we have SS from SA don't know if that is significant.

Regards

mel

Thanks Mel.

I am fairly sure at least one of our clients has the same case officer as you.

I have been pushing the PBSPC pretty hard in an effort to hold them accountable, but am running up against a "bog standard" response, which I am pretty irked about to be honest (this is a polite comment, due to this being a public forum, which I know DIAC reviews from time to time).

The next step is to take this to a more public arena on the basis that business skills migrants - as wealth creators and entrepreneurs - are surely the very people Australia should be prioritising.

Best regards.

Client Service Charter

The DIAC Service Standard for low risk (which includes the UK) business skills visa applications is 9 months.

Has anyone applying for a 163 visa since September 2009 received their visa within 9 months?

Has anyone applying for a 163 visa since September 2009 received a substantive reply from a DIAC case officer within 9 months?

I would be grateful for an indication as I intend to (again) take up this matter with the Department.

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

I lodged our visa 163 3/9/09, case officer received June 09, visa granted 4 weeks later 16/7/10. My timeline to case officer was 9mths and visa 10mths. Guess I was lucky!! My agent was suprised too.

Hope this helps.

Nicki x

Hi Alan,

I lodged our visa 163 3/9/09, case officer received June 09, visa granted 4 weeks later 16/7/10. My timeline to case officer was 9mths and visa 10mths. Guess I was lucky!! My agent was suprised too.

Hope this helps.

Nicki x

Yes, I think you are indeed the exception to the current general rule, Nicki - and even then your application took longer than the 9 month service standard.

Best regards.

Guest Jamie Smith
Hi Alan,

Hope this helps.

Nicki x

Well it might have been that exceptional business plan you had...

Guest maxbecks
Client Service Charter

Best regards.

Hi Alan

We lodged on 24th September 2009 and received case officer on 10th September 2010.

Becks

Hi All

Lodged application 16th November 09, got an email asking for Meds and PCC on the 30th September 10. All sent awaiting reply. Seems I was luckier than most but still longer than 10 months.

I did send an email on the 16th August (exactly 9 months). I asked whether the 9 month time frame still applied. They replied yes they were still working to a 9 month time frame but I hadn't been allocated a CO yet, work that one out!!

Regards

Jon

Archived