163 movement at last!!!!!

163ALLOUT

Well it might have been that exceptional business plan you had...

Hi Jamie,

Often wondered if it was you!!!! Seems so long ago we can't even remember what our plan was! Leaving in 3 weeks for oz, Thanks to you I'm sure.

Do you deal with only the migration side of things or are you able to assist in advising when we purchase a business? Sorry can you just answer a question for me being are we entitled to Medicare on a 163 or do we have to have private healthcare.

Nicki

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jamie Smith

Aye, 'twas me.

"establish his own scaffold hire and installation company...also purchase an existing coffee shop or cafe in XXXX upon his arrival in

Australia.

Qld should allow either business for PR as both have been signalled, but... always check with the horse's um mouth (Govt agency) - before committing yourself.

Yes we offer broader business assistance, although the distance between Vic and Qld might make it difficult in some ways! That said, I do mentor a few people with scheduled telephone discussions, on an hourly rate. I sometimes get sent the business profile of the business for sale and accounts, form some questions and we take it from there.

Occasionally I also get flown to a place for a day's work - reviewing several sites and helping the buyers make their choice, and suggesting ways to grow the preferred business.

I think all temporary visas are pointed to private insurance cover, the PR visas carry Medicare? Someone please correct me on that.

State/Territory Sponsored Business Owner (Provisional) (Subclass 163)

On this page it says

Bringing family

....... With this visa you are unable to access Medicare, the Australian Government medical expenses and hospital care scheme.

See: www.medicare.gov.au

Private Health Insurance is available to you, but it is not a requirement for the grant of this visa.

See:

www.health.gov.au

www.phiac.gov.au

So you can't have medicare but it says you don't have to have private cover.

Maybe check what is covered in reciprocal arrangements with UK, your agent should know this. I can't say more about visa requirements, sorry, I'm not registered with MARA. I can only publicly point you to already published info.

Even Australians lean towards taking private cover so maybe Medicare is not so all encompassing?

Guest mgtesta

Yes you get medicare if Oz has a reciprocal agreement with your country. Also currently 163 visa's are School fee exempt on the current NSW list

hi everyone just wanted to ask, people with case officer have u guys been asked for recent bank statement and latest accounts for ur business tankyou

yes, we did get asked for these things, think the things we sent in might have been just outside these dates. Asked us for management accounts to same date too. Hope all is OK, all gone off now and waiting.

Client Service Charter

The DIAC Service Standard for low risk (which includes the UK) business skills visa applications is 9 months.

Has anyone applying for a 163 visa since September 2009 received their visa within 9 months?

Has anyone applying for a 163 visa since September 2009 received a substantive reply from a DIAC case officer within 9 months?

I would be grateful for an indication as I intend to (again) take up this matter with the Department.

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

we lodged on 10/10/09 CO allocated 17/9/10

Well now........

Just got reply from our CO saying he is currently working on applications lodged beginning Sept 09 so will be a few weeks before he gets to ours. Interestingly he appears to be based in the Adelaide Business Centre not Perth. Our SS is from SA but I thought they were all still processed in Perth.

If they are farmed out to different states that would explain the fact that all applications are not dealt with in strictly date order just as fast as the individual COs work - or what their backlog is like. Funny I thought less people applied to SA though and other people have visas already from other SS who lodged in October! hey hum.......

I know it seems so unfair the way things are being done..... but so glad you now have CO!!

Guest michaelh

At least you guys have had a resonse from your CO, I had an email saying that we have got one and his email address, I emailed to see if there was any thing he needed and got no response whatsoever, I emailed a week later and the same thing NO RESPONSE, it is VERY frustrating, lodged our application and paid our money over a year ago for a temporary visa finally get a CO ho doesn't seem too keen to communicate with us :arghh:

At least you guys have had a resonse from your CO, I had an email saying that we have got one and his email address, I emailed to see if there was any thing he needed and got no response whatsoever, I emailed a week later and the same thing NO RESPONSE, it is VERY frustrating, lodged our application and paid our money over a year ago for a temporary visa finally get a CO ho doesn't seem too keen to communicate with us :arghh:

Hi,

Everyone's application varies. I know it is so frustrating, but I had no contact with my CO at all. I didn't know I had one until they asked for meds/pcc then 2 weeks later visa granted. No further info was required, and maybe it depends how much info and business plan that was submitted in the first place.

Hold on, it will happen x

hope you hear something soon x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest munib02

hi everyone its been few days no one has put any post, has any one from november got a co yet? r things moving for people who got co :biggrin:

Guest michaelh

hi,

we have been asked by our case officer to make our designated investment so hopefully we are not far off from getting our visa.:biggrin:

Hi Munib02

My application was 16th November, got a CO at the end of September who gave us 28 days to get Meds and PCC done and sent to them. The Medical practice took 3 weeks in gathering info and sending it to them, then it took 5 days by courier, cut it very fine, suggest you think about having your Meds done prior to CO, wish we had.

Just waiting to hear now about visa's

Goodluck

Jon

We had our medicals done at Knightsbridge,on the Friday sent by courier Tues and rec'd in Sydney the friday, so a week in all.

The only thing with frontloading is that your visa will start a year from either PCC or Meds date, so if you have house or business to sell within that timeframe you may have to activate visa, before you are ready to go.

Nicki

... and if you are planning to apply for permanent residence you will bring forward the date by which you must have applied for the p/r visa: the provisional visa will almost certainly be valid for 4 years from the date of required initial entry to Australia.

For applications with an uncertain timeline it is (in my view) generally best to wait for the case officer to request medicals.

Best regards.

I agree. The 28 days is not fixed if you can prove you have an appointment etc. It doesn't matter if the delays are then out of your control. As long as you prove you have got an appointment within the 28 days you will be OK. Just send evidence to the CO. The time limit is to stop you from delaying the process (as if most would!). After all if the request arrived the day after you had set off for a 2 week holiday...............

Mel

With less approved GPs the waiting times are a bit longer.

Hi Munib02

My application was 16th November, got a CO at the end of September who gave us 28 days to get Meds and PCC done and sent to them. The Medical practice took 3 weeks in gathering info and sending it to them, then it took 5 days by courier, cut it very fine, suggest you think about having your Meds done prior to CO, wish we had.

Just waiting to hear now about visa's

Goodluck

Jon

Hi Jon,

we got CO on 17/9, 7 weeks ago... got asked for more info and no haven't heard a word.... so frustrating! Do they give you deadlines then about gettings meds done..?? Thanks

Sue

Guest munib02

Hi Jon thanks for the post i lodged my app in march 10 still no reply it seem like it takes nearly a year but it better for me cause my wife is pergnant baby not due till may. end of this month it will be 9 month since i applyed thinking to e-mail them dont know what to do? r shall wait till march and then e-mail?

Hi Sue

The email we received stated that they would review the application on the information they had in 28 days time from the date of their letter. We sent the receipts from our medicals just to let them know it was all on it's way. You wait for an eternity then they get you to jump through more hoops scrambling around, we had to get further details from our doctors which took up time.

We used a panel doctor in Birmingham which took over 12 days to get xrays back. Others may be quicker so when it's your turn you may want to choose one on time rather than the closest one to you. The one in London seems to turn them round quicker, would have been worth the extra travelling in hindsight.

Goodluck,

Jon

• 3 weeks later...
Guest michaelh
Has anyone heard from their case officer.....???? Had ours 10 weeks now and nothing!!!! This is torture!!!

Hi

Yes we have just been granted our 165 Visa and I know the case officer was busy granting one before us and therefore very likely moving onto the next one after us. We are over the moon, we originally lodged our SS application on 23 October 2009 and Visa granted 22 November 2010, moving beginning of Feb 2011.

Just hang on in there its excrutiatingly frustrating, but oh so worth it:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Michael

Hi TeamCrouch

I would send them a polite email requesting an update on your position. 10 weeks from CO is so unfair, I sent an email requesting our position and asked them if they were still working to a 9 month time frame a while back. Things moved quickly for us after the email so you have nothing to lose.

Fingers crossed for you

Regards

Jon

Archived