163 movement at last!!!!!

163ALLOUT

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi All..

after 10 weeks we have heard from our case officer, evidently she is not happy!! She is questioning our time allocation to 'managing' the company, thinks my huband just works... aah!! Has anyone else had this? Can anyone help please, we are desperate!!

The key in this regard is to - truthfully, of course - focus on the management aspects of the main applicant's involvement in the business, and to downplay the hands on time spent delivering products or services.

If you have an agent - discuss with him/her how to handle the case officer's enquiry.

Best regards.

The key in this regard is to - truthfully, of course - focus on the management aspects of the main applicant's involvement in the business, and to downplay the hands on time spent delivering products or services.

If you have an agent - discuss with him/her how to handle the case officer's enquiry.

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

thanks for your reply,

yes we have an agent, trying to go through things to put togther but when really the management is driving around and spending most of the day on the phone, so hard to put forward evidence to this.... bit unfair I think...???

Guest keith T8

Congratulations on granting of 165 visa, that's great news. From reading your posts am i correct in asuming you have got Queensland State Sponsorship. We are going down the same route as you. We gained state sponsorship in August 09 and lodged our visa application with Perth business skills centre in Sept 09. We were given a C/O at end of September this year, but as yet he hasn't been in touch, so looks like he hasn't looked at our file yet. Now i have read your post it looks like i may have to chase him up to see if our case is progressing. 14 months now and very frustrating. Cheers Keith

Guest michaelh
Congratulations on granting of 165 visa, that's great news. From reading your posts am i correct in asuming you have got Queensland State Sponsorship. We are going down the same route as you. We gained state sponsorship in August 09 and lodged our visa application with Perth business skills centre in Sept 09. We were given a C/O at end of September this year, but as yet he hasn't been in touch, so looks like he hasn't looked at our file yet. Now i have read your post it looks like i may have to chase him up to see if our case is progressing. 14 months now and very frustrating. Cheers Keith

Hi thanks, yes we did get Queensland State Sponsorship, we did email our case officer to ask if there was any further information we could provide to assist with processing our application. We too found it frustatingly slow as we just want to go. Our agent was very supportive and we did get advice from Alan Collett too which I belive will prove beneficial to us in the future. We are just relieved that we have got the visa's and can get on with the move. I'm sure a gentle nudge of your case officer will not prove detrimental, we have always found that kindness wins out over confrontation.

All the best

Michael:v_SPIN:

Hi Alan,

thanks for your reply,

yes we have an agent, trying to go through things to put togther but when really the management is driving around and spending most of the day on the phone, so hard to put forward evidence to this.... bit unfair I think...???

Nope, not unfair at all.

The case officer cannot grant your visa until s/he is satisfied you meet the requirements, and in particular the need to have maintained direct and continuous involvement in the management and decision making processes of the nominated business for 2 of the 4 fiscal years preceding lodgment of your visa application.

Your agent should be helping you put some flesh on the bones of this requirement - and you should put aside the quality time needed to assimilate the information.

Best regards.

Guest michaelh
Nope, not unfair at all.

The case officer cannot grant your visa until s/he is satisfied you meet the requirements, and in particular the need to have maintained direct and continuous involvement in the management and decision making processes of the nominated business for 2 of the 4 fiscal years preceding lodgment of your visa application.

Your agent should be helping you put some flesh on the bones of this requirement - and you should put aside the quality time needed to assimilate the information.

Best regards.

Hi, I do agree with Alan, rather than blaming the case officer, clearly identify the areas of deficiency and strengthen them. Identify your management activities. Who decides when to go out in the car, for how long, to achieve what, to what standard or objective. These decision making processes may well be identifiable as management activities, you just have to quantify them somehow. Identify the hoops and work out how to jump through them. You may well be involved in many management activities that you just need to clearly identify. Your agent needs to help you OR pay for the help of someone who can. Names have already been mentioned!! You can get there just dig in.

Michael

So much for the "once you have state sponsorship it is a rubber stamp job"!!

Don't for get to include all management functions:

purchasing, financial overviews, management meetings (even between 2 people), recruitment, staff reviews, strategy, policy, communications etc etc.

Include minutes of meetings with staff/accountants/customers.

Good luck and keep in touch...no news for us yet!

So much for the "once you have state sponsorship it is a rubber stamp job"!!

Don't for get to include all management functions:

purchasing, financial overviews, management meetings (even between 2 people), recruitment, staff reviews, strategy, policy, communications etc etc.

Include minutes of meetings with staff/accountants/customers.

Good luck and keep in touch...no news for us yet!

Thank you!!! and good luck to you too....!!!

Guest keith T8
Hi thanks, yes we did get Queensland State Sponsorship, we did email our case officer to ask if there was any further information we could provide to assist with processing our application. We too found it frustatingly slow as we just want to go. Our agent was very supportive and we did get advice from Alan Collett too which I belive will prove beneficial to us in the future. We are just relieved that we have got the visa's and can get on with the move. I'm sure a gentle nudge of your case officer will not prove detrimental, we have always found that kindness wins out over confrontation.

All the best

Michael:v_SPIN:

Thanks Michael

I did actually send my CO an email after reading of your success. I am awaiting his reply but hopefully i am near the front of the queue now. Unfortunately our agents were LiA who went into liquidation. I have been assured that wouldn't have any detrimental effect on my application. Although it is frustrating the last thing any of us should do is become confrontational with these people, after all they hold a large part of the key to our success or failure in this process. I have also had advise from Alan Collett and if anyone reading this doesn't know him or of his companies please look into him. What a top guy. As well as being an immigration advisor he also has two accountancy companies, one in the UK and one in Australia. Believe me this man can save you a lot of money. Both myself and my wife had a meeting with Alan a few months ago, that was one of the best meetings i have ever had. We both came out smiling from ear to ear. I have a very good accountant in the UK but he openly admitted he knows nothing about Australian tax laws etc. He advised me to go ahead and ask Alan for advise and was also very impressed with the information given.

Cheers

Keith

Guest munib02

hi everyone its December so cold keep thinking its gona happen soon it exacly nine month no co looks like it gona be a while yet. log 163 in march 10, any one else who aplyed in march? teamcrouch how have u gone on and rammygirl?

Guest keith T8
hi everyone its December so cold keep thinking its gona happen soon it exacly nine month no co looks like it gona be a while yet. log 163 in march 10, any one else who aplyed in march? teamcrouch how have u gone on and rammygirl?

I have been in touch with DIAC this week regarding my concerns over time taken for our 165 application. We lodged end Sept 09. Case officer beginning of Oct 10 and just been informed me he won't be assessing my application until end of January 2011. The wait is a killer. From what i can gather all 163 and 165 applications are in the same queue.

Good luck

Keith

Guest munib02

hi everyone has anyone had any luck ? ? ? everybody is so quite no one is writing any post regarding 163 visa. christmas on the way no many application will be processed lets hope 2011 is a gud year for all of us :daydreaming::wink:

Hi All

WE HAVE FINALLY GOT OUR VISA - YIPPEEEEEE

Timeline

State Sponsorship applied May 09

State Sponsorship granted July 09

DIAC application 1st Sept 09

CO finally appointed 5th Oct 2010

Questions raised...

Answered straight away with 6 page letter and 145 documents

More questions raised...

Answered straight away - brilliant letter sent to DIAC by our Visa Lawyers

Finally CO accepts the legal argument and Visa Grant letter given 14th Dec 2010

It took us 21 months and we had State Sponsorship and were using Visa Lawyers.

WHAT AN ORDEAL !!!

Good news is that container goes on Jan 11th and we fly to Perth on Jan 18th, just in time for our child to take up her Academic Scholarship starting 31st Jan 2010 - PHEW !!! cutting it fine there !

We cannot speak highly enough of the Visa Lawyers - Bill Gamack, www.australianmigrations.com

they were absolutely brilliant all through this application.

We sold our business and house back in February 2010 so its been a lot longer than we were led to believe if you read the published timeframe on Immi website.

We pre-loaded our medicals, done on Aug 2nd and also did our police checks at the sametime to save further delay.

So excited now.... just can't wait.

We hope the timeline above helps others with guessing their situation on timing.

Happy Christmas to all

See you all in OZ xx

Hi All

WE HAVE FINALLY GOT OUR VISA - YIPPEEEEEE

Timeline

State Sponsorship applied May 09

State Sponsorship granted July 09

DIAC application 1st Sept 09

CO finally appointed 5th Oct 2010

Questions raised...

Answered straight away with 6 page letter and 145 documents

More questions raised...

Answered straight away - brilliant letter sent to DIAC by our Visa Lawyers

Finally CO accepts the legal argument and Visa Grant letter given 14th Dec 2010

It took us 21 months and we had State Sponsorship and were using Visa Lawyers.

WHAT AN ORDEAL !!!

Good news is that container goes on Jan 11th and we fly to Perth on Jan 18th, just in time for our child to take up her Academic Scholarship starting 31st Jan 2010 - PHEW !!! cutting it fine there !

We cannot speak highly enough of the Visa Lawyers - Bill Gamack, www.australianmigrations.com

they were absolutely brilliant all through this application.

We sold our business and house back in February 2010 so its been a lot longer than we were led to believe if you read the published timeframe on Immi website.

We pre-loaded our medicals, done on Aug 2nd and also did our police checks at the sametime to save further delay.

So excited now.... just can't wait.

We hope the timeline above helps others with guessing their situation on timing.

Happy Christmas to all

See you all in OZ xx

Congratulations!!! We know how you are feeling.

We were the lucky ones who lodged Sept 09 and was granted this July. Looks like there has just been no movement for all 163's, its so frustrating. We have been in oz for 6 weeks now, and the next hardship is sorting a business venture here.

What a fantastic xmas present you had, and I'm glad your wait is over!!!

Merry Christmas.

Nicki x

• 3 weeks later...

163 at State Sponsorship stage changed from the 2yr Business Owner level to the Senior Manager level. I had to really prove myself under the Senior Manager bit. Maybe it was because my husband is over 55 so the application was in my name - they needed to reassure themselves that I wasn't at home 'painting my nails' ! but actually working in the business - cheek! In fact they went right back to previous employment data and checked me out. The final hurdle put up by CO was that I had to have employed at least 10 people !! The criteria and hurdles seemed to be made up as they went along - really stressful. However, having been administrator of a large charity running a residential home I had in fact been in charge of between 35 to 40 staff. Visa lawyer said this was what won it for us on the legal point. PHEW, 23 months of waiting and stress.

TODAY THE PACKERS ARE AT HOME AND TOMORROW THE CONTAINER IS LOADED. WE FLY ON 18TH - can't wait for some lovely hot weather and for life to begin in AUS.

Best wishes to all.

JLD

Archived