163 movement at last!!!!!

163ALLOUT

Still waiting...... now after all this time and questions from the case officer, we have now been told 'a letter' has been sent out....... can anyone help, as I'm having a nervous breakdown, would the case officer send a letter at this stage to say OK go and do medicals... or is it bad news???

Can anyone help, verging on breakdown...:frown:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Team Crouch, Good luck - we are thinking of you and hoping it is good news. Fingers crossed they only want more answers to their questions. Our container went yesterday and we fly next week. Hope to meet up in aus. JLD

Hi Team Crouch, Good luck - we are thinking of you and hoping it is good news. Fingers crossed they only want more answers to their questions. Our container went yesterday and we fly next week. Hope to meet up in aus. JLD

thanks, and great news for you! Did they send a letter to you for medicals..??

Hi

I thought they would request medicals via e-mail. Why not just e-mail the letter? Hope it isn't bad news. .

We are getting nervous now as we could face the same issues as you if they decide that main applicant is doing more provision of services than management (at least I assume that is what they were saying with you?) It is one of the clauses but I thought that was just to stop one man band type enterprises getting through.

Let us know what happens.

Hi

I thought they would request medicals via e-mail. Why not just e-mail the letter? Hope it isn't bad news. .

We are getting nervous now as we could face the same issues as you if they decide that main applicant is doing more provision of services than management (at least I assume that is what they were saying with you?) It is one of the clauses but I thought that was just to stop one man band type enterprises getting through.

Let us know what happens.

Thanks. Yes that's what she was trying to say, tried to prove otherwise but hard to come up with proof! Why can't they give us a break, it's only a temp visa, if we don't meet the criteria they can throw us out!

Why on earth she hasn't e-mailed letter I dont know.... and what the letter says I have no idea, would she send a letter saying Ok I accept your application, please do meds??????

I HOPE SO!!!!!!!!!!

Oh no!

Really sorry to hear that.

Did you use an agent, I can't remember now all the details. is it possible to appeal?

What grounds did they give for refusing the visa?

We are considering employer sponsored as a back up. Just in case. It might be worth looking at these as an option - when you recover from the bad news.

Chin up

Mel

Oh no!

Really sorry to hear that.

Did you use an agent, I can't remember now all the details. is it possible to appeal?

What grounds did they give for refusing the visa?

We are considering employer sponsored as a back up. Just in case. It might be worth looking at these as an option - when you recover from the bad news.

Chin up

Mel

Hi Mel,

Thanks

Yes we used an agent. CO said that she didn't believe that my huband spent more than 50% of his time managing the business.... what a bloody joke! He does and we tried to prove it but she still wasn't happy.

Not giving up, already looking at different routes... just can't believe we've wasted nearly 2 years for them to say no.... aaahhhh

keep me posted on yours, good luck and hope you don't get a b**ch like we did!!

Sue

Guest michaelh
Hi Emma,

thank you, will not give up! Have our hearts set on a new life down under!!!

Hi,

I really am very sorry for you, if you can appeal I would recommend you employ Alan Collet to help you. In fact I would ask for his help anyway to see if there is anything you can do and George Lombard.

Once again I am very sorry things have not worked out for you so far!

Michael

Hi,

I really am very sorry for you, if you can appeal I would recommend you employ Alan Collet to help you. In fact I would ask for his help anyway to see if there is anything you can do and George Lombard.

Once again I am very sorry things have not worked out for you so far!

Michael

thank you, will look into it.

Sue

Well just had communication from our CO, they have asked for more stuff relating to entire employment/bus history not just current business; more evidence of direct management to cover two years etc. Well will take a while and in our business we are not about to ask clients (ex or current ) for testimonials as word would be out that we are leaving and wreck our current business.

After sitting on the application for 16+ months they of course want it immediately!!

They have also asked for meds and police checks, which I am a bit reluctant to do until I know they are happy with the other stuff!!

They have also asked for renewal of passports (three out of 4 will expire this year) but eldest son needs his as he is in Portugal on uni exchange and travelling on and off until the summer!

All this and we are on holiday at beginning of feb!

Hope a polite request will give us a bit more time especially with meds.

Sue, can I ask what exactly your CO requested? I don't mind if you don't want to share just worried at how picky they are becoming. maybe PM me.

Well just had communication from our CO, they have asked for more stuff relating to entire employment/bus history not just current business; more evidence of direct management to cover two years etc. Well will take a while and in our business we are not about to ask clients (ex or current ) for testimonials as word would be out that we are leaving and wreck our current business.

After sitting on the application for 16+ months they of course want it immediately!!

They have also asked for meds and police checks, which I am a bit reluctant to do until I know they are happy with the other stuff!!

They have also asked for renewal of passports (three out of 4 will expire this year) but eldest son needs his as he is in Portugal on uni exchange and travelling on and off until the summer!

Sue, can I ask what exactly your CO requested? I don't mind if you don't want to share just worried at how picky they are becoming. maybe PM me.

Hi Rammygirl,

It looks promising to me as they would never request meds and pcc until final stage. I never had any contact with my co and was asked to do meds and 2 weeks later visa granted.

Hi,

well that's the same sort of thing they asked from us. They wanted proof that he managed the company, didn't give us any idea of what they wanted, just proof. Said that the outlay of wages suggested that my husband did a lot of the work himself.... tried to pove otherwise but didn't believe us. They asked for management accounts and all sorts. Gave them P60's CIS Vouchers, breakdown of jobs carried out and wages allocation, but still not happy.

It's strange they have asked you to do meds, as that would suggest they are happy... ??

Hope all goes well, let me know if you want to know any more.

Sue x

Thanks Sue

The med thing bothers me though, why shell out more cash for that if we are not sure they will accept the additional evidence?

They haven't asked for any extra financial info just extra info to prove he managed the company on a day to day basis over at least 2 years, I think we only really sent info covering one year, though it was clear from the annual accounts he was a director for all the 4 years taken into account, I suppose that doesn't necessarily mean he was actually running the business.

Sometimes it can be hard to see it from the outside - it was obvious to us!!!

Archived