163 movement at last!!!!!

163ALLOUT

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Rammygirl

It seems they are asking same info as they asked Sue. If you don't mind me asking, what business did you have in the UK? Are they looking at whether they think the business owner was a provider of services rather than a manager of a business? In Sues case they said the wages looked low. Have a look at the wages in your account and see if this is a good enough allocation compared to the turnover of the business.

Did you use an agent or did you you do the application yourself? I know when we were putting together the application the agent asked for a lot of information on management in relation to tasks carried out and also needed an organisational chart. I guess they knew that was a big criteria for them.

Have you asked if you can put your management allocation info in first and see if they are happy with this before you proceed with expensive medicals & police checks? Seems a bit silly if they are asking you to shell out - then only to tell you that you have been unsuccessful. Surely they must be human and can understand that you just want an answer on the management allocation first? What did they say when you asked this? I would say to stay positive at this stage but just see if they can hold off the meds until you have an answer on the management.

Hi Sue

Have you asked whether you have grounds to appeal and if they is such a process?

Emma

Hi

They are not asking about time allocation to management, just more evidence over the 2 year period stipulated that he was managing on a day to day basis. We didn't provide a wide enough date spread I think.

Just got an e-mail back from CO saying it is OK to wait for confirmation that business evidence is OK before proceeding with meds. We just have to make an official request for more time before the end of the 28 day period.

Hi Team Crouch

Absolutely gutted for you all, I can't believe they have made you wait so long before declining your application. Not sure of your history but did you get State sponsorship, if you did is there no way of going back to them and seeing if they can help, sorry just a thought but they must have been happy with your business plan so what changed?

Don't give up trying. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

Good luck Team Crouch

Regards

Jon

Hi Team Crouch

Absolutely gutted for you all, I can't believe they have made you wait so long before declining your application. Not sure of your history but did you get State sponsorship, if you did is there no way of going back to them and seeing if they can help, sorry just a thought but they must have been happy with your business plan so what changed?

Don't give up trying. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

Good luck Team Crouch

Regards

Jon

thanks Jon,

yes, pretty gutting, especially as we've agonised over it for nearly 2 years!

Yes we had state sponsorship from WA. My agent says appeal is a lengthy, expensive process with still an unknown answer, so at the moment we are trying to look at different routes. Maybe skilled sponsorship if we can? Just praying we can find a way.

How's things going with you?

Sue

Hi Sue

We're hoping to set off June/July, I'm trying to sort out my business here before we go. Taking a bit of risk by keeping hold of it and putting someone in charge while we're the other side of the world. No real choice. don't have time or inclination to wait around and sell in this business climate.

Have you no recourse back to your agents? when we enlisted ours we had a guarantee that should we get refused they would lodge an apeal FOC. If they gave you some duff advise then I would hound them if I was you. They should have known what kind of info the DIAC want before you sent them your business plan. Worth a cage rattling exercise, you never know.

Theres always New Zealand, cheaper to apply for less complicated and after a few years you can always move to Australia.

Take care

Regards

Jon

Good news dablar, they asked us for more info plus PCC and Meds and to renew passports due to expire later in the year.

Being pessimistic I asked if we could wait to do PCC/Meds until we knew he was happy with additional info first. He agreed that would be OK.

Sent the info off a week ago no news yet.

We're hopefully heading for the Gold Coast, just been looking at schools for the kids.

Yes agent says to get info together first, then they will scan to them and send original in post. If they are happy with it then book PCC & meds. But yes we feel happy they've asked for the checks and not just the info. It was only very little info that was required so this feels positive aswell.

After all this waiting it makes it all feel real again once you know you have a CO! The butterflies have come back now!

• 1 month later...
Hi Teamcrouch

Any news on your appeal?

Hoping you've had some good news

Don't give up trying!!

Regards

Jon

Hi Jon,

well nothing really. Agent hasn't even given me the letter yet after lots of chasing, but now says that they are not sure it's worth it.

It costs about £1000 and you go on an 18 month waiting list and quite likely they'll still say no..!! Don't think I can bare it!

We are looking into possible other routes..... will lwt you know.

Thanks for your thoughts.

How are things you end?

Hi Teamcrouch

Really Sorry to hear that news

Have you thought about trying New Zealand? It's a beautiful place and around the Auckland area the weathers nice to. We have visited a few times and were tempted by the place. I think it's easier to apply and you could possibly do it yourself online so very little cost. After a period you could move to Aus as NZ citizens, have a look on their website, you never know!

Requirements – Long Term Business Category

We are setting of at the end of June, loads of things to sort out first before we go.

Take care and goodluck

Jon

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Teamcrouch

Have you thought about trying New Zealand? It's a beautiful place and around the Auckland area the weathers nice to. We have visited a few times and were tempted by the place. I think it's easier to apply and you could possibly do it yourself online so very little cost. After a period you could move to Aus as NZ citizens, have a look on their website, you never know!

We are setting of at the end of June, loads of things to sort out first before we go.

Take care and goodluck

Jon

Sorry to hear about your disappointment team crouch. I had a quick look at NZ and there visa turn around is about 3 months. I think the criteria is not as strict, and they just need to know that you are attempting to start your business within 9 months of getting there.

Good luck.

Sorry to hear about your disappointment team crouch. I had a quick look at NZ and there visa turn around is about 3 months. I think the criteria is not as strict, and they just need to know that you are attempting to start your business within 9 months of getting there.

Good luck.

Hi,

Thank you for support, been tough! We are looking at other routes and not giving up.... Hopefully fate will be kind!

Hi Teamcrouch

Take care and good luck

Jon

Thank you, hope all goes really and have Arab new life down under! Hope to get there one day.....?!

Archived