calling all Irish

Guest confused irishman

Guest confused irishman

ok! hi all. this is how it goes. I'm Irish and living north of Brisbane with my wife and 4 kids for the last 6 weeks. We would love to meet up with families going through the whole emigration thing and swap stories maybe even have a pint or two. so if your like us and feeling a bit isolated and looking for a connection with home, drop me a line. we can reassure ourselves about how good things are in aust and how bad they are at home. :wink: (only messin).

so if you feel like talking, drop me a line.

cheers

Guest famousfive

Hi,First of all welcome to australia and I hope you are all settling in ok,especially the kids as it is such a change for them.I am not in the Brisbane area for a meet up unfortunatly,we live in coffs harbour just a few hours down the coast in NSW.I am from Galway originally,married to an aussie,3 kids.Just thought I would say hi,plenty of other Irish people on here and I am sure some will be in or around your area.How has the move been for you all so far?Settling?

hi confused irish man

myself and my hubby both irish moved here 3 weeks ago now kenmore area, wud love to meet up for chat, havent seen many irish here so be good to catch up, we dont have any kids yet, how are your settling in to ozzy life. we move into our new house this weekend so anytime u want to meet is fine.

ruth & Jason,

• 4 weeks later...
Guest confused irishman

hey ruth and jason.

sorry about the delay in my reply. head like a sieve. i hope you are settling in well. we live up in ningi near bribie island and are settling in well to my surprise. the kids love it. we have four kids in all. they keep me busy. 15 -8-6-3. if that doesnt scare you we would be more than happy to meet up. drop me a pm and i will reply with a contact.we like talking to irish people and find them hard to come by in qld. It would be grat to hear from you.

cheers

jason

• 4 weeks later...
hey ruth and jason.

sorry about the delay in my reply. head like a sieve. i hope you are settling in well. we live up in ningi near bribie island and are settling in well to my surprise. the kids love it. we have four kids in all. they keep me busy. 15 -8-6-3. if that doesnt scare you we would be more than happy to meet up. drop me a pm and i will reply with a contact.we like talking to irish people and find them hard to come by in qld. It would be grat to hear from you.

cheers

jason

Jason

I see you made the move with 4 kids

We are in the process of moving hopefulltYin june 2011 to Melbourne

Can i ask you your opinion on which airline you travelled with and your experiences.

Did you fly from Dublin

Regards

PG

Guest confused irishman

hey pg

I came with cathay pacific, and my wife came with etihad a few months later. cp was a bit uncomfortable because of the seats. hard plastic. not good. the service was good and staff friendly but would noit be good with kids. etihad was supposedly good. the kids thought it was good enjoyed the games and movies. the wife thought it was much better because she didnt have to deal with heathrow or europe. the flight just broke down better. 3 8 hour flights instead of a 12 hour flight with a stop over.

• 3 years later...

Hi Jason, I came across this thread because I did a search on Ningi. I'm moving back to Aussie after 13 years in the UK with my family. Hubby is from Wales and our two boys 1 and 3. I really like the look of NIngi...could you tell me what it's like? Are there any good schools and what the commute to Brisbane is like. Any adivice would be great :)

Archived