Sydney in Nov

Guest One Hour Photo

Guest One Hour Photo

Hi

I am escaping my solitary confinement in the country to spend a few days in Sydney to attend TAM - The Amazing Meeting . (Its 'amazing' that I am able to get away.)

I am going on my own and won't know anyone there. I have been to a couple of conferences (Festival of Dangerous Ideas in 2009 and the Atheist Conference in March this year) in the last couple of years, people attending tend to be clicky and have their own little gangs.

Going on my own is challenging so I was wondering if anyone here is going to this event. I am arriving in Sydney on Thursday 25th Nov and leave on the afternoon of the 1st Dec.

There is a pub meet up on the Thursday evening,TAMOz Skeptics in the Pub Meet and Greet - The Sydney Sceptics Meetup Group (Sydney) - Meetup which I have decided to go to (you don’t have to be going to the conference to go to it) from Friday lunch time to Sunday afternoon I will be at the conference, but, outside of that I will be playing tourist.

Being on my own is limiting so if there is any chance of meeting people that would be great - I will be staying at the Ibis World Square. In particular I would like to have people to meet with for an evening meal, finding somewhere decent to eat on my own (without too much embarrassment) is always difficult, I don’t want to end up in fast food joints.

Archived