Emigrating to Perth, March 2011

Guest MarknSarah2011

Guest MarknSarah2011

Hi

Is anybody moving to Perth early 2011??

My Partner and i are 25yrs old, and we are moving to Yanchep to be back near her family.

Just looking to meet some fellow Poms so we settle in easier!

M.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Perth is fantastic we loved it there and we loved Cottesloe beach, we went for a swim and sat in the sun on the grass and had fish and chips from the chippie next to the Indian tea rooms building they were gorgeous, in january 2006 it was hot but not too hot, it was brilliant, i love Perth, its so modern and family friendly, you will all love it.

All the best

Perth is fantastic we loved it there and we loved Cottesloe beach, we went for a swim and sat in the sun on the grass and had fish and chips from the chippie next to the Indian tea rooms building they were gorgeous, in january 2006 it was hot but not too hot, it was brilliant, i love Perth, its so modern and family friendly, you will all love it.

All the best

Indeed it is fantastic and I cant wait to get back! :yes:

I hope that everyone else who is moving over loves it as much as I do!

Good Luck to you all!

:hug:

Guest MarknSarah2011

We are moving to Yanchep, North Perth (near joondalup) it should be wicked.

Where are you heading to? What profession are you in?

I have still not got my Visa yet, we are going on a Subclass 309 Partner visa and its frustrating not knowing!

M.

Guest gail6336

Hi we are also waiting on 457 visa how long have you been waiting we are just completing the forms or my o.h is as I type!!! His work are helping with most of it. The not knowing if the visa will be approved is really hard! Have you decided where about you want to stay?

Guest MarknSarah2011
We are moving over in March! We are going to be in Cottesloe.

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THAT FEELING!!!

We submitted my Subclass 309/100 Partner visa in August but still waiting. We front loaded everything with medicals & checks, but still nothing........

God it's so frustrating when you have a house there ready and waiting, but you cant do anything.

Best of luck! we have friends who live in cot, also scarborough & trigg. Perth is awesome, such a beautiful place. How lucky are we really!.

M.

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THAT FEELING!!!

We submitted my Subclass 309/100 Partner visa in August but still waiting. We front loaded everything with medicals & checks, but still nothing........

God it's so frustrating when you have a house there ready and waiting, but you cant do anything.

Best of luck! we have friends who live in cot, also scarborough & trigg. Perth is awesome, such a beautiful place. How lucky are we really!.

M.

We have everything waiting for us too, we just have to save some pennies to take with us! its frustrating beyond belief!

My partner just got his partner visa last week! Good luuck with your application

Emma

:hug:

Guest StellaBridger

We should be going around march time. Probably will be staying in Frremantle as we know this area well. Quite excited :)

Guest nicola1234

Hi

I am going out to Perth with my boyfriend Sean on 2nd January 2011 and heading for northern suburbs. We are both 28.

We are going on a three week reccie leaving next Saturday and cannot wait! Going to check out some areas, the job market, houses and validate the visa.

Send me a PM if you would like to keep in touch and maybe once we are both out there we could meet up for a drink or a barbie!!

Nicola x

Hi we are also waiting on 457 visa how long have you been waiting we are just completing the forms or my o.h is as I type!!! His work are helping with most of it. The not knowing if the visa will be approved is really hard! Have you decided where about you want to stay?

Gail,

It's only been 2 weeks that we've been waiting. We're not planning to move out until after xmas, so fingers crossed we will get it before then! As for where to stay, one minute we think SOR, the next its NOR. OHs office will be SOR in an area called Burswood. He was over in August and had a look around both North and South. He liked Ocean Reef and surrounding areas NOR, also Booragoon SOR. He's off out there at the end of the month for another week with work but hopefully he' will get the chance to have another look around. What about you?

Jane

All the best

Couldn't agree with you more Jim.

Gail,

It's only been 2 weeks that we've been waiting. We're not planning to move out until after xmas, so fingers crossed we will get it before then! As for where to stay, one minute we think SOR, the next its NOR. OHs office will be SOR in an area called Burswood. He was over in August and had a look around both North and South. He liked Ocean Reef and surrounding areas NOR, also Booragoon SOR. He's off out there at the end of the month for another week with work but hopefully he' will get the chance to have another look around. What about you?

Jane

Burswood is not too difficult to get to, from North or South. The freewway tunnel can get a bit busy at rush hour.

Ocean Reef and surrounding areas would be about 30Km North of Perth but you have a chance to live very near a great oceanside suburb with all the advantages that brings. If you like sea sports, bike tracks down the coast for miles, lots of coffee shops and cafes nearby and close to a couple of nice marinas, can't fault it.

Booragoon is a nice suburb too but would be a lot hotter in summer as the sea breeze doesn't get very far in land . Your lifestyle would be different too. I know the two suburbs don't seem a long way apart on the map but the lifestyle difference can be incredible.

It just depends what you are looking for. I would suggest renting for a while to get a "feel" of the places you fancy.

Guest rache&matt

Hi,

We are moving to Yanchep, its a lovely place although a little far out.

We will be there next year but not sure when, nice to hear of others going all the way to Yanchep, thought we were almost the only ones!!!

Rache

Burswood is not too difficult to get to, from North or South. The freewway tunnel can get a bit busy at rush hour.

Ocean Reef and surrounding areas would be about 30Km North of Perth but you have a chance to live very near a great oceanside suburb with all the advantages that brings. If you like sea sports, bike tracks down the coast for miles, lots of coffee shops and cafes nearby and close to a couple of nice marinas, can't fault it.

Booragoon is a nice suburb too but would be a lot hotter in summer as the sea breeze doesn't get very far in land . Your lifestyle would be different too. I know the two suburbs don't seem a long way apart on the map but the lifestyle difference can be incredible.

It just depends what you are looking for. I would suggest renting for a while to get a "feel" of the places you fancy.

Thanks for this. Yip, planning to rent for at least the first 6 months. We have two kids (9yrs & 7yrs) so one of the big factors in choosing the right suburb is schools.

jane

well i love the way you describe oceanreef i live in beaumaris , which is oceanreef lol

cant say i do any water sports buggered my knee water sking years ago [ thought waving your hand meant stop apparently it means go faster and my knee never recovered , although i still like looking at the ocean

beaumaris primary seems to have a good name and there is also st simon peter catholic primary and oceanreef primary here as well.

ps

the freeway in my experience always gets banked up at warwick whether you are going towards the city or heading north it bottle necks there every time as well as hutton st and the tunnel

My OH visited beaumaris primary when he was over in August and was impressed with what he seen. Kids keen to live near the beach, so Ocean Reef may be where we end up. OH currently spends about 45mins to an hour each way commuting to work and doesn't seem to mind this. Says he's happy to do the same in oz.

Archived