UK driving licence

blobby1000

Guest Batfinktasha

do you not have to take a test or something? I heard there might be a theory test, let me know if Im wrong as I will be in the same boat soon. Thanks txx

do you not have to take a test or something? I heard there might be a theory test, let me know if Im wrong as I will be in the same boat soon. Thanks txx

I was told by a pom in Oz that it's just a formm fillmnow if you hold uk licence and no actual test. If anyone knows differently I'd appreciate it .

Folks,

Please see here for the info you require.

Thanks for the link for driving in Victoria. My query is that it states you can drive on your UK licence 6 months after first entering Australia as a permanent resident. You then have to have an Aus licence. I have a permanent CP Visa and validated it in December 2009. I did not do any driving then, but because I have still not sold the house, I am going over again in a few weeks for about 3 months. Will I have to apply for a Aus licence straight away, or can I use my UK one? Can you hold both licences as I shall have to drive here in the UK on my return next March?

Thanks Susan

Archived