Singapore or Hong kong with 3 year old??????

swifty99

We are looking at booking our one way flights for next april may and want to stop of for a night and couple of days and are not sure which is best Singapore or Hong Kong, it will be me, my husband and our daughter who will be nearly 3 then.

Was looking for peoples advice on good hotels and also opinions on which is a better stop over with a young child?

Thanks

:biggrin:

Guest peacock

Singapore is a good clean safe country, it can be very hot and humid, but quite a fascinating place to visit, hotels are normally of a high quality.

i know singaapore well , there is plenty to do , taxis are cheap its very european , [ good for fussy young children to eat lol] the zoo is fantastic as is the butterfly and bird park , sentosa is a good day out , shopping is excellent , easy place to get around , hard to get lost [ as singapore isnt that big ] and very safe

Hi, if she were a bit older I would say Hong Kong because of Disneyland. I hated Hong Kong when I was there (Disney wasnt open then) and I had been sooo looking forward to it. It put me off stop overs so we just stay in the airport at Singapore now and rent a room and have a swim then get on the plane to the land of Oz!

It put me off stop overs so we just stay in the airport at Singapore now and rent a room and have a swim then get on the plane to the land of Oz!

I'm with you, when we head out in April we'll be travelling with a 3 year old and a 10 week old baby. After talking about stopping over in Singapore for a few days, in the end we decided we just wanted the journey over and done with (otherwise we'd just be clock watching in Singapore until we left). We settled on a 10 hour break in Singapore, long enough to shower, change our clothes, have a wander around the terminal and a nap in the transfer hotel. Then back on the plane....

Well, if it was me (and, 3 and a bit years ago, it was--including the almost 3 year old child) I'd just go straight through. If I'm on my way somewhere, I just want to get there and one night at a stop over isn't enough to be rested. I think you're better off getting to your final destination and being able to properly chill.

However, if you want a stop...

If you're going to just stay at the airport, Singapore wins hands down. The airport facilities (including the hotels) are amazing.

However, if you want to leave the airport, then I'd probably choose Hong Kong. It's a fascinating city with lots to see and do. Even for 3 year olds, boat rides on the harbour, trips up to the peak, visiting the markets, etc. etc. can be fun. Our youngest (the nearly 3 year old when we travelled to Aus) was with us last year when we spent 8 days in HK and loved it there...he even celebrated his 5th birthday on THAT trip.

Bob

Hi, if she were a bit older I would say Hong Kong because of Disneyland. I hated Hong Kong when I was there (Disney wasnt open then) and I had been sooo looking forward to it. It put me off stop overs so we just stay in the airport at Singapore now and rent a room and have a swim then get on the plane to the land of Oz!

Is their really a disney land in hong kong were having a 2 day stop over their in january and i was paniking that the kids would be bored I LOVE DISNEY LAND:biggrin:

I also had a stopover in Singapore, flying with Singapore Airlines, with a 2 yr old. The airline was great, and the airport was excellent. We stayed in the transit hotel, booked it for about 6 hrs, so enough time for a wander, a nap, shower, breakfast, another wander about, which included the butterfly room and then boarded the next flight.

We also preferred just to get there and after flying out with no stopover, found the return journey much more enjoyable with the chance to lie flat out for a sleep and get a shower.

Not sure about HK airport, but Changi is very nice. SA staff are great with kids too.

Shaz

Is their really a disney land in hong kong were having a 2 day stop over their in january and i was paniking that the kids would be bored I LOVE DISNEY LAND:biggrin:

Apparently so: Hong Kong Disneyland (google is your friend too) :wink:

Yes there really is! Just google disneyland hong kong and get it booked! Have fun.........Val x

isnt universal studios in singapore now ?

Oh dear - you have really opened up a can of worms! I cant change my flights to include a stopover..............boo. Oh well, I shall have to wait until our next trip down under!:arghh:

Archived