Living in Cairns, looking for friends?

Guest YvetteF

Guest YvetteF

Hey!

I'm a 24 year old Irish girl (not Pom but close enough :wink:) and have recently moved to Cairns to live with my fiance (35 year old Aussie). I'm looking to meet up with some people living in Cairns for socializing and good times! I'm working in finance (consultancy work from home) and my fiance is in the navy.

Yvette x

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Yvette

Welcome to PIO and welcome to Cairns, we have recently arrived in the area ourselves and absolutely love it.

Kate

Guest YvetteF

Hi Kate!

Thanks for getting in touch! I love it here too, I don't know how the wet season will be though! Do you know if there are any PIO meet-ups here?

Yvette x

• 11 months later...

hi Yvette,

Ive lived in cairns for nearly a year now, i love the place but i still dont know many people. Im 28 and live in trinity beach would be good to chat and maybe meet for coffee sometime.

Guest YvetteF

Hi Kaship,

I'm actually moving to Sydney in 3 weeks so won't be around Cairns much longer. My husband has been transferred there with the navy.

I met some great girls on the "Word of Mouth Forum" (WOMF) for Cairns; we've been friends since January. Maybe try posting a message on that. Other than that I've found going to some classes like Zumba good for making friends.

Good luck on your friend search!

Yvette x

Archived