RSMS/ENS question

mandymcqueen

Guest zzzsianzzz

depends which type of RSMS you're referring to?

Is it state sponsored RSMS (but in my state it has become temporary visa instead of permanent)? or is it employer sponsored RSMS?

For employer sponsored, no.. but the business has to be able to support your position and why they need you and whether the business has been around for a while, etc... there would be a regional certifying body to call for your region you want to work in and the procedures required for your employer..

For state sponsored, yes... for my state they have a limited skills list like doctors, etc.. i think they have a regional skills list, shorter than the ens..

hope this helps

Guest zzzsianzzz
yeah it is employer sponsored RSMS I meant, so where do I find the list of occupations that can go via that route or can any occupation do it as long as they can prove they cant fill the position?

for employer sponsored RSMS, its the latter option... you/your employer might need to pay a "certification" fee (it is up to the RCB to charge the amount) to get your local Regional Certifying Body (RCB) to verify your employer's claims, and the employer must have tried to get local Australians to fill the position but the locals do not fulfill the requirement of what the business requires and you do.. once approved by the RCB in your region, the employer have to submit their part then after which then you can apply for the RSMS. You can go to the immi website to look at this document, http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1054.pdf

Rules of how RCB assesses a business might differ as there are a number of RCBs for a state, and usually, one RCB is allocated for each regional area.

To give you a rough idea, this info might be useful for your understanding

http://www.business.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0003/123384/ACT_Govt_RSMS_guidelines_Nov_2010.pdf

you can try to call your local RCB to ask for more information about what they require.

hope it helps...

Archived