Babysitters

Guest cosmicsis

Guest cosmicsis

Hi there, just wondered if any families out there living in Wynnum/Manly area would want to do a babysitting swop once a month? Just an idea? thanks Claire x

Guest makepies

It's a great idea .... we need this as well. Unfortunately we're only in Manly for 10 days before we move up to Gold Coast, but we'd like to find something like this up there.

Good luck!

We do it a lot here in Europe. Our friends hold our daughter when we would like to go out and vice versa. Now when in Brissy, I guess its a different story. We know no one really.

I have asked my wife to see what she thinks of the idea and her initial response was..." No Way!". But then I reminded her that she then has to forget all those romantic nights out :laugh:

After thinking for a little bit, we came to the same conclusion that we would only do it after we have met with the other couple a few times etc since I guess its hard to trust nowadays!

Anyway, we know how you feel and good luck in finding someone!

Cheers

B!K3R

Guest cosmicsis

Hi guys, yes i actually tried to delete this thread thinking - hang on a minute!! I know we would meet up before hand but we still don't know anyone on here really!! Having only ever left our children with family before (apart from daycare/pre-school etc). I think we have the same feelings that with all the changes in moving to oz, new jobs etc recently that our relationship is also important and needs nurturing, but not to the detriment of our kids safety of course. We are lucky to have friends here - it's a friends party that we were looking for a babysitter for (they would normally babysit)! It's a small price to pay for being here and away from family but i thought that other people generally advertised for a babysitter (someones daughter etc), or go through an agency etc but actually still don't know the person, i thought that PIO could be like that agency i guess?? Anyway i understand everyones concerns, maybe more feel the same but just too cautious (& rightly so) to put anything (although lots of people have read the thread). Just trying to find that balance i guess. Back to the drawing board x x x

Totally know what you mean, I had never left my daughter with anyone but family before coming here. a few things have cropped up with Hubby's job where we have had to attend work events in the evening and it initially caused me so much stress about who would babysit.

Most nurseries have staff who babysit and I was comfortable with one of my daughters nursery carers babysitting. however, found myself really stuck once and resorted to findababysitter.com, I was really strung out about going down this route but in the end turned out to be the best thing ever. we now have a fantastic babysitter who comes with police checks, first aid qualifications and actually she is at university studying to be a doctor (very soon to be qualified), she loves out daughter who loves her back. I once left her with the words 'she's been a bit off today' and an hour later I got a call that basically involved a full medical review of my daughter, ears fine, throat fine, pulse normal, no swollen tummy, just over tired basically but I'm checking her every 15 minutes!! She's a really lovely girl and become a bit of a family friend and the purpose of my post is really to reassure you that if you follow your instincts and do your checks you will find a good babysitter and be able to have them romantic nights out still!!

actually that's not a bad idea! There's nothing better than a recommendation! I'm closely guarding my babysitter because shes a diamond, but I would be willing to pass on her number in an emergency as long as she keeps being available for me!!!!

Heh, pity you're in Sydney then, cause we would have found that handy! :cute:

Having said that, I think I'm gonna be scared and paranoid about it. Love my little angle too much, oh well, it will be a big test for me :frown:

:laugh:

Cheers

B!K3R

Heh, pity you're in Sydney then, cause we would have found that handy! :cute:

Having said that, I think I'm gonna be scared and paranoid about it. Love my little angle too much, oh well, it will be a big test for me :frown:

:laugh:

Cheers

B!K3R

Aww Bik3r! I couldn't be further from Sydney, I'm in Fremantle WA so I reckon there's not much chance you will be poaching my diamond of a babysitter!!

I know what you mean though, my little girl is my life and judging by your pic your beautiful little girl is yours too xx

It's just about building up the trust, get a babysitter, do the checks, trust your instincts then just go out for an hour 2 mins away and take it from there. I never thought I'd leave my princess with anyone but actually we found a good un so me and Hubby get some us time too!!

all the best xxxx

Guest cosmicsis

she sounds just perfect - Mary Poppins eat your heart out!!! Have seen that website so will check it out and much safer too - having police checks etc. Have a good weekend x

Archived