Here we go!

redrobbersdog

I'm up Soooooooooo early because I just can't sleep with all the emotions flipping around in my head!

Trying to get everything packed within the luggage allowance has been crazy. We are flying with emirates and their allowance is 30kg, and £150 for every additional 5kg you are over! Ow! They allow golf clubs free but not other sports gear, don't figure? Hubbys only mode of transport will be his bicycle so we have had to include that within our luggage allowance. Fingers crossed I'm within the 90kg for the 3 of us.

The goodbyes have been harder than I thought and so emotionally draining.

I'm going to have to do it all again when I officially leave. (For those that don't know we are all going out together (me hubby and 5yr old

Daughter) hubby starts job on 17th dec and me and little girl come home on 14th jan!) :o(

We are flying at 1.30 to Perth and are going on our own to the airport to hopefully make it a bit more bearable! And hopefully no last minute tears. :o(

I'm hoping that once we have got through check in the excitement will start...........

I'll post when we are on the other side.

Dawn x

Aw, thank you for sharing. Have a great time and catch up with us all as soon. Best wishes and a Merry Christmas to you all. Leila & Family xxx

Guest The Ropey HOFF

All the best with your move

i have heard that Perth is really hot at the moment, we were there in january one year and it was a bit like spains weather, really hot and sunny, but not so humid, it will be brilliant for you all. Keep us updated.

Guest guest30038
Haha kev! ;o)

Thanks for all the posts. Have a great Christmas and new year.

Rob, Dawn & Anna xxx

You too and may the pending move bring you all you desire.................eventually :wink:

kev

Best of luck with your impending move, may all your hopes & dreams be realised.

It's true weather forecast for xmas day is 38, my sis has decided to cook her veggies early before the heat reall kicks in.

Enjoy xmas on the flip side !!!!!!!!!!!! :anisanta:

Thanks for all the well wishes guys!

Well we have arrived and just got all the Christmas presses wrapped and ready. It's true it's very very warm and they reckon 39 for tomorrow!

The journey was long and emotional

I kept bursting into tears just because the air stewards were really nice! Women eh! Haha!

A very very merry Christmas to all! Have a great day. :o)

Thanks hoff! I'm ok now, just had a few moments! Haha! Xmas day was just fantastic so relaxed and very hot! I know now we have made the right decision, just need to get into the WA side of things which is Soooooooooo much slower than I am used to! Ha, I'm willing to learn though! :o)

I hope you had a great Xmas day?

Dawn x

I'm up Soooooooooo early because I just can't sleep with all the emotions flipping around in my head!

Trying to get everything packed within the luggage allowance has been crazy. We are flying with emirates and their allowance is 30kg, and £150 for every additional 5kg you are over! Ow! They allow golf clubs free but not other sports gear, don't figure? Hubbys only mode of transport will be his bicycle so we have had to include that within our luggage allowance. Fingers crossed I'm within the 90kg for the 3 of us.

The goodbyes have been harder than I thought and so emotionally draining.

I'm going to have to do it all again when I officially leave. (For those that don't know we are all going out together (me hubby and 5yr old

Daughter) hubby starts job on 17th dec and me and little girl come home on 14th jan!) :o(

We are flying at 1.30 to Perth and are going on our own to the airport to hopefully make it a bit more bearable! And hopefully no last minute tears. :o(

I'm hoping that once we have got through check in the excitement will start...........

I'll post when we are on the other side.

Dawn x

Hi Dawn,thank's for keeping us all up to date with your Australian Adventure

Just wondering if in all the excitement you made a mistake in your post? (Hubby starts job 17th Dec) Should that be Jan??

Good Luck with everything and hope it's not too stressfull,etc having to leave him over in OZ while you and your daughter come back home to sort everything out before you can return to you New Life in Australia!

Best Wishes

Steve+Wendy:jiggy:

Hi steve & Wendy, yeah I did mean 17th jan! Doh!

It feels great thanks, I'm already panicking about having to come home without rob.

I'm meeting my company Australian counterparts on 12th jan before I come home so I'm hoping that we can do something before 1st April! Fingers crossed! I was thinking that I wad going to be fine coming home but with the way I feel right now I'm not too sure! Hey ho, im positive that itll be all ok.

Take care and I hope you have had a good Christmas.

Dawn x

Hi steve & Wendy, yeah I did mean 17th jan! Doh!

It feels great thanks, I'm already panicking about having to come home without rob.

I'm meeting my company Australian counterparts on 12th jan before I come home so I'm hoping that we can do something before 1st April! Fingers crossed! I was thinking that I wad going to be fine coming home but with the way I feel right now I'm not too sure! Hey ho, im positive that itll be all ok.

Take care and I hope you have had a good Christmas.

Dawn x

Hi thanks for the quick reply. I suppose you will all have mixed feelings and it will prob be a while until you are all sorted out and Living The Dream! Good luck and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All Of You!

From

Steve+Wendy:jiggy:

Guest Guest47308

Hi

I am new on PIO and i just want to say i wish you all the best for your move! at least when you have to come back to cruddy 'ol UK it will only be for a while......... :wink:

Guest madplumber2

Sooooo reminds me of when we came out to Auss, they reackon the first 6 months are the hardest, you'll get there I'm sure...good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, just a quick update::yellow_guy_crazy_ty

Been here just over 2 weeks now and I'm heading back on 14th Jan. Noooooooo.

After all my packing worries about being over our allowance, Emirates didn't bat an eyelid when I was over by about 6kg, they were really nice and it meant that it was stress free.

We were on the new A380 airbus, which is massive and took about an hour to get everyone on board, however it's really spacious and you can't even tell that you are taking off it's that quiet. It was fabulous! The next plane, looked tiny in comparison! Ha!

At the other end we sialed through customs, no issues with Rob's bike as we thought we would have to have it checked for dirt etc. We did declare it on the landing card that we had sporting equipment, but it didn't seem to bother them.

It was lovely to surprise my sister when we got to her house, we just jumped in a taxi and was there in about 30 minutes. My stomach was doing somersaults and I was really nervous, but didn't need to be.

The weather has been great and soooooo warm.

We have had a great time settling in and we have managed to get the bank account sorted out, we have gone with ANZ and again they couldn't be more helpful with the account and talking through our options for mortgages etc once we have been in employment for 6 months.

We applied for TFN online and we are still waiting for this to arrive, but this could take 28 days apparently, but we are hoping it will arrive sooner for tax purposes.

Rob tried to get a mobile phone, but you have to have a letter from your employer to be able to do this, as he doesn't start until 24th Jan, we will have to wait until then then they said getting a contract phone is no problems at all. We did bring along Rob's iphone3 with him, but on christmas day he went swimming with it in it's pocket and for some reason the phone didn't seem to enjoy that as much as Rob did! :wacko:

We have been to see a few estate agents and again everyone is just really friendly and helpful they can't do enough for you and they seem to always do it with a smile.

We are planning on staying in the Aveley / Ellenbrook area, although it's about 25 minutes from the beach or so we like the big wide open parks and green areas, it's all very new and the town of Ellenbrook is being development extensively. We like it anyway and the new pub is great! :wink:

It's quite expensive, but you get alot of house for your money, and most of them are brand new.

We are heading across to Sydney tomorrow to meet my employers and hopefully get things sorted out for a start date for as soon as possible.

I've realised I'm not as brave as I thought and I'm now having mild panic attacks about having to leave and go home to sell the house etc! :embarrassed: I really don't want to leave it's so great and I know we have made the right decision. Fingers crossed won't take too long, and if not then we will rent it out, not ideal but want to get something moving as soon as possible to get back out here.

Once I get back we will then look more into rental and then buying and getting Anna settled into school. roll on April!

I'll stop chatting now , but just thoguht I would let you know what we have experienced so far.

Dawn

Archived