6 Months in and weve experienced our first Christmas

Que Sera Sera

We have been here 6 months now on New Years Day. We have just had our first Aussie Christmas and it was different but really good. We decided that we would not try and recreate our UK Christmas as it was blatantly obvious that it was not going to compare so we spent the day at the beach with some friends and their children and had a fab time sipping sparkling wine and eating strawberries, cherries and smoked salmon. We Kayaked and fished and swam it was idylic, we then turned down our friends offer of a barbie to go home and have some family time.

We bought a whole salmon and stuck it on the barbie and had it with salad and wedgies and had Christmas Pudding and cream to follow. We then Skyped our family who were just getting up at that time and heading out into the freezing cold for their Christmas Dinner.

6 months in and we still love it. Matts job is going from strength to strength he works really hard and basically gets rewarded very well for all his hard work. His boss paid for our son to go on the Christmas Do as we didnt have a baby sitter and he bends over backwards to keep Matt there.

I still love the area and I would rate the beach here at Secret Harbour as second to none. It still takes my breath away every time I walk up over the sandunes and see that amazing sight. Its great as Travis is home from school and I dont have to work and have plenty of time to spend with him and no worries about childcare.

The school has been amazing with Travis and we could not fault them in anyway, he has won award after award and we are very proud of him. He had a minor set back in that his best mate who he was calling for moved up north so that they could be nearer work so he is a little put out as he doesnt feel he wants to call for anyone else, hopefully he will soon though.

Well just to say, and I know its a well worn phrase but, we are still "living the dream" and would recommend it to anyone:jiggy:

Guest siamsusie

Great post.. and your Christmas sounds wonderful.. entirely different but you have commenced your own Ozzie traditions which will be carried on.

Happy New Year 2011 and long may you enjoy your lives in this wonderful country

Love Susie x

Guest mikka711

Your Christmas sounded gorgeous - well done and hope it all continues great for you and, like Kev says, your little one gets a calling pal again:wubclub:

Sounds brilliant, well done.

See folks it can work for some people and it is not as bad as some people make out.:smile:

Hi, Happy New Year to you all and what a lovely post to read!

I have often read your posts and cant believe you have been in Oz 6 months! I have a friend from Uk who lives in S/H. Her children go to Comet Bay. Can i ask you please where Matt works? Sounds like a fab employer. My O/H is relying on a job pretty much asap as soon as we come over in 2012 (was going to be Sept 2011, however having a few teething problems with a few things) so it's good to know that people are getting jobs. It's one of our main concerns.

Long may you continue to be happy in Oz and please keep us all informed of how you are doing!:hug:

Guest VickyMel

Really great to read your post Catherine I'm so pleased that it has turned out so well.

Secret Harbour sounds wonderful.

Hoping to be there to creat a new christmas this year.

Vicky

Hi, Happy New Year to you all and what a lovely post to read!

I have often read your posts and cant believe you have been in Oz 6 months! I have a friend from Uk who lives in S/H. Her children go to Comet Bay. Can i ask you please where Matt works? Sounds like a fab employer. My O/H is relying on a job pretty much asap as soon as we come over in 2012 (was going to be Sept 2011, however having a few teething problems with a few things) so it's good to know that people are getting jobs. It's one of our main concerns.

Long may you continue to be happy in Oz and please keep us all informed of how you are doing!:hug:

Matt works for a small Engineering company in Mandurah what does your OH do?

Really great to read your post Catherine I'm so pleased that it has turned out so well.

Secret Harbour sounds wonderful.

Hoping to be there to creat a new christmas this year.

Vicky

Oh wow Vicky so great to hear from you. I see you have a case officer so really hope you get that good news very very soon. Happy New Year :wubclub:

Archived