Validation!!?? And why do ppl have to go to NZ to go straight back into OZ? Confused!

Wellers and Whitehead

Is validating your visa, just literally getting passport stamped through customs when you arrive in Oz?

Why have i heard of people having to go to NZ to go straight back to oZ? Whats that about?

Ours was stamped,but it registers electronically even if not stamped,but yes its just getting it stamped.

Dont know about your second question tbh,maybe have to leave oz to reapply for another WHV or visa maybe?

Thanks! Doesnt matter about second issue if it doesnt apply.

Do all airlines give you extra luggage if on a 176?

If its PR visa yes i think so,im on an old type visa PR 136 tbh(think its the 175 now),but i think once youve validated thats it,IE you only get the extra luggage once,unless you might find a deal?were shipping a small box tbh because of it

Guest pablofet1
Is validating your visa, just literally getting passport stamped through customs when you arrive in Oz?

Why have i heard of people having to go to NZ to go straight back to oZ? Whats that about?

We are in Oz on a 457 temporary visa at the moment awaiting processing of our PR 176 visa. Because the 176 is an offshore visa we will have to leave Oz briefly to re enter on our new visa when granted. The case officer advises you of a pre grant to allow you to leave the country as it is not valid if issued onshore. Depending on what time of year it is granted we are planning on going snowboarding in NZ or relaxing in Fiji :cool:

Mel

Archived