Just arrived in Sydney - need friends!

ms2oz

Hi, We arrived yesterday and it's all feeling a bit daunting! Would be good to meet up with some people who have "been there and done it".

I am 41 and my hubby is 48 (no kids) and we are currently staying in Marsfield. Not yet on FaceBook (I know it's unheard of!!), so haven't yet looked on there.

Anyone interested in meeting up over weekend or next week for a drink?

If we don't reply straight away, hang on in there - we had problems with our internet connection at our apartment.

Many thanks:biggrin:

Hi

I was wondering if I can gate crash your meet?! I am thinking about moving from Canberra, after nearly 4 years down to Sydney and would really like to here what its like to live there.

I will be in Sydney from 26-30, most free on 27 and 28 as I plan on going to the Sydney Salsa Congress on the weekend :)

Its just me, 31 yo female.

Thanks

Hi,

How about a meet up on the Friday evening 28th somewhere near Marsfield?

Will have a look and see where we could meet up.

Has everyone got transport to get there?

hubby and I are up for meeting on Friday, we're about a 30 minute drive away from Marsfield. I'm 36 and he's 34. Keep me posted Alayne and Kieran

Have had a look at places.

How about El Rancho hotel in North Ryde?

It is on the corner of Epping and Herring road.

We've been there before and it seems ok.

What does everyone think?

I imagine we could get there for about 7pm on Friday as Nigel won't get home til 6.30.

How does that sound?

sounds like a plan...tho 7pm for me is a little ambitious, will go with whatever gets decided...I have a car & could pick someone up if they need a lift & coming from my direction (Hills)

Have had a look at places.

How about El Rancho hotel in North Ryde?

It is on the corner of Epping and Herring road.

We've been there before and it seems ok.

What does everyone think?

I imagine we could get there for about 7pm on Friday as Nigel won't get home til 6.30.

How does that sound?

Can't make it for 7pm as hubby won't be home until about half 6 and will definetly need a shower after a long hard dirty day working lol I however would be ready seeing as I've not landed a job yet. I'm sure we'll be there about 8ish if that's ok? How will we recognise one another?

Have put some photos up.

Not sure where they are? Maybe if you click on my name, you'll be able to see them?!

I know what you look like!!! Clicking your name worked. Hope my visual brain works on Friday night. Are you on facebook? Look me up alayne Finnerty that way you'll see what I look like too

K guys looks like we're on for meeting...I will PM you my mobile so we can hook up, I think the Ranch is a fairly big place so which bar area?

Guest princio

Hi all (and Alayne again)

Have just seen this post. Me and my girlfriend are up for some meets. we're both 34. Sadly we don't have a car so think this one might be a bit far for us via public transport.

Anyone up for a meet in the CBD or alternatively we are at Mosman on the North shore could do something Mosman, Cremorne, Neutral bay or if this Aussie weather sorts itself out there's Balmoral beach which is nice.

Have a good one tonight!

Andy & Hayley

Archived