South Oz applications - where are you now

gaz n family

Guest Alibajwa
Well here is the latest on the email saga........................................Roll me in sherbert and feed me to the kittens. We have a case officer. They have requestd meds, police checks (we have sent them, my agent thinks they now want the origionals) and military discharge certificate, showing my conduct (my discharge certificate showing i hold a long service and good conduct medal isnt good enough)

Congratulations GAZ&Family......

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well here is the latest on the email saga........................................Roll me in sherbert and feed me to the kittens. We have a case officer. They have requestd meds, police checks (we have sent them, my agent thinks they now want the origionals) and military discharge certificate, showing my conduct (my discharge certificate showing i hold a long service and good conduct medal isnt good enough)
Oh, and a form 1022 change of circumstances, because since lodging last november i might have moved 3 times and had 6 kids (well the wife might not be happy on this subject)

Has anyone else had to send origional police checks before?

Gaz

I have been through this and i do not know if you are still serving, but i got a JPA print out with my termination date and also my SO2 gave me a trade reference which also stated my termination date. I was also asked for character reference from my Colonel which he gave and with a copy of Queens regs this has all turned to MET on the system.

Guest rosco27

Name: Ross

Date of Visa application: 18/11/2010

Nationality: Scottish

High/Low Risk: Not sure

Trade/profession: Plumber

Visa type: 176

Which State Sponsored: SA

Date of SMP Applications: 14/10/10

Date of SMP Granted: 10/11/10

Onshore/offshore: Onshore

Pre-November 2010 Category: 2

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Oh, and a form 1022 change of circumstances, because since lodging last november i might have moved 3 times and had 6 kids (well the wife might not be happy on this subject)

Has anyone else had to send origional police checks before?

Gaz

I have been through this and i do not know if you are still serving, but i got a JPA print out with my termination date and also my SO2 gave me a trade reference which also stated my termination date. I was also asked for character reference from my Colonel which he gave and with a copy of Queens regs this has all turned to MET on the system.

Hi All

I need some advice from you guys..

CO allocated for me on 7th Feb and I did my medicals on 09 Feb 2011 and was sent to them on 12th .

All other documents are also ok and no issues with them.

but the worrying thing is my agent said me that they will need more than six weeks(sometimes 8 weeks) to finalize the medicals and give a decision.

Is it true? I cant believe that. will I have to wait that much long for that golden moment. I saw some people got their VISA very soon after the medicals. But my agent is 100% sure about this.

Pls... Advice me.

I am from HR country.type- 176

Dafdo

Gaz

Hiya. I left last May time done. I have my JPA Print out, they have a copy of this, i highlighted the fact it had LSGC Medal issue. i explained they to be issued this you need to have served 15 years undetected crime, plus to retain it, means again it was undetected time. i guess this was no good.

I also have sent them a copy of my Valedictory certificate - admitidly this doesnt show your conduct.

They have referencies from my last 34 line managers, all military, evidence of commendations and awards in the last 5 years (was in some high profile and stressed jobs (obviously no where near as the poor sods on the ground), jobs that only dealt with UORs so had my job watched from VERY high above, so when it went well we got recognised, sadly though, when it went wrong, boy did we know it.

I called my discharge office this morning, apparently i should have been given an S3300D when i left. Bloody hell, i sure learnt my lesson, never work in a CRAB station in your last job, they really cocked up my discharge, my pay on leaving and even my last day in the office (i ended up doing three days extra at my desk, dispite telling them they were wrong!!) they even cocked up my JPA account on discharge so my Gratuity and pension payment dates were delayed.

Got the afternoon off to take our son for his college interview, so going to turn up my scrap books and keep sakes boxes to see what i can send instead. You would think my final write-up would do, but you guessed it, by bloody CRAB SO2 didnt bother doing one, dispite the SO3 doing it for him, all he had to do was push it through the JPA system!!!!

Thanks for the offer of help, if you can think of something i havent please let me know.

Hiya. I left last May time done. I have my JPA Print out, they have a copy of this, i highlighted the fact it had LSGC Medal issue. i explained they to be issued this you need to have served 15 years undetected crime, plus to retain it, means again it was undetected time. i guess this was no good.

I also have sent them a copy of my Valedictory certificate - admitidly this doesnt show your conduct.

They have referencies from my last 34 line managers, all military, evidence of commendations and awards in the last 5 years (was in some high profile and stressed jobs (obviously no where near as the poor sods on the ground), jobs that only dealt with UORs so had my job watched from VERY high above, so when it went well we got recognised, sadly though, when it went wrong, boy did we know it.

I called my discharge office this morning, apparently i should have been given an S3300D when i left. Bloody hell, i sure learnt my lesson, never work in a CRAB station in your last job, they really cocked up my discharge, my pay on leaving and even my last day in the office (i ended up doing three days extra at my desk, dispite telling them they were wrong!!) they even cocked up my JPA account on discharge so my Gratuity and pension payment dates were delayed.

Got the afternoon off to take our son for his college interview, so going to turn up my scrap books and keep sakes boxes to see what i can send instead. You would think my final write-up would do, but you guessed it, by bloody CRAB SO2 didnt bother doing one, dispite the SO3 doing it for him, all he had to do was push it through the JPA system!!!!

Thanks for the offer of help, if you can think of something i havent please let me know.

Gaz

Have you tried going down the pension side? They may or you may be able to prove you are out and getting free money!!!

Well done to Gaz and anyone else with good news today.

What a nightmare all this additional paperwork. Just when you think you are there. Been to docs this morning. They can dig out Consultants letter (if it's there as it's not in their "digital" archive so they have to go back to the paper... Have to pay for this copy but I can't blame them for that, they are not the problem and it is extra work for them. Only a token amount. In the meantime our agent is uploading the receipt for the medicals to show that the paper work is in progress.

Made me wonder, is anyone going to try and take their UK GP records with them? Our friends over in Oz didn't, but surely this is useful for the future? I know the GP system is different over there. I don't even know if you can take them with you but it's worth a go.

Roll on the visa. We are hoping to go over later this year but not preempting anything (still the temptation to make lists is proving almost too much!)

:arghh::arghh:

TNR

Congrats, you can turn yourself amber!

Gill and Mal x

Well done to Gaz and anyone else with good news today.

What a nightmare all this additional paperwork. Just when you think you are there. Been to docs this morning. They can dig out Consultants letter (if it's there as it's not in their "digital" archive so they have to go back to the paper... Have to pay for this copy but I can't blame them for that, they are not the problem and it is extra work for them. Only a token amount. In the meantime our agent is uploading the receipt for the medicals to show that the paper work is in progress.

Made me wonder, is anyone going to try and take their UK GP records with them? Our friends over in Oz didn't, but surely this is useful for the future? I know the GP system is different over there. I don't even know if you can take them with you but it's worth a go.

Roll on the visa. We are hoping to go over later this year but not preempting anything (still the temptation to make lists is proving almost too much!)

:arghh::arghh:

TNR

Hi,

Can't remember where I read it but seem to remember that if you ask g.p for your file to take they will charge but your new g.p in oz can request for free once you get there? I'm sure someone can say if I imagine dreading this!

Gill x:err:

Name: Ross

Date of Visa application: 18/11/2010

Nationality: Scottish

High/Low Risk: Not sure

Trade/profession: Plumber

Visa type: 176

Which State Sponsored: SA

Date of SMP Applications: 14/10/10

Date of SMP Granted: 10/11/10

Onshore/offshore: Onshore

Pre-November 2010 Category: 2

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Done, welcome to the group

Gaz

When we first started all this i provided all of the following, so i really done understand what more and why.

3 x referencies from my last 3 line manager

1 x personal reference from a line manager

3 x write-ups, the last 3.

certificates of awards including citations

Val certificate

Cert of discharge (some JPA thing showing all my courses, quals, jobs, awards, etc.

so god knows why they need more.:no:

I have found the place that deals with the requests for docs, so will be sending the form out later. But will try sending more stuff because i suspect waiting for the MOD to sort out such requests may take a lond time.

Guest Phillips family
Done - Do you reakon i look good in amber?:tongue:

Glad i can now join the amber and pink gang:goofy::biglaugh:

You look very good indeed! being Tangoed suits you!

When we first started all this i provided all of the following, so i really done understand what more and why.

3 x referencies from my last 3 line manager

1 x personal reference from a line manager

3 x write-ups, the last 3.

certificates of awards including citations

Val certificate

Cert of discharge (some JPA thing showing all my courses, quals, jobs, awards, etc.

so god knows why they need more.:no:

I have found the place that deals with the requests for docs, so will be sending the form out later. But will try sending more stuff because i suspect waiting for the MOD to sort out such requests may take a lond time.

Hi Gaz congrats on the CO!!!!! Let me know what you find out with the discharge paperwork as ours still say required but they havn't told us what else we can send. The only paperwork we have sent so far has been his JPA Tx paperwork and a personal statement inc. duties and dates.

Bev

Fantastic news Gas n family, Hope you get your the grant soon :smile:

Your online Diac status has any thing changed now that you got a case officer?

Congrats Gaz on the CO, delighted for you well deserved and congrats to Ashley on the grant, the amount of pressure it takes off you when that e mail arrives is amazing.

Just on the medical records.

I was looking at schools and noticed to enroll your child, you have to have a record of your child's immunizations. so probably worth getting that info off the doc before you head off.

Maria.x

Congrats Gaz on the CO, delighted for you well deserved and congrats to Ashley on the grant, the amount of pressure it takes off you when that e mail arrives is amazing.

Just on the medical records.

I was looking at schools and noticed to enroll your child, you have to have a record of your child's immunizations. so probably worth getting that info off the doc before you head off.

Maria.x

Thanks for this info, we have it on our list of things to do, but i bet it will help someone who might have over looked this. Admittedly i didn't realise we would have needed it for school admissions thought.

Archived