South Oz applications - where are you now

gaz n family

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hellooo,

Just back from my holidays yesterday so thought I would check in and say 'Hi!'

We still haven't received an email to say we have a CO although the DIAC progress check says 'processing commenced' so they must be doing something.... hopefully not throwing it in the bin!!

I keep hoping its just because we're not married and my OH has a military background so we probably require a thorough looking over.

Sent off for our police checks before we went away so hoping they will be back fairly soon. Haven't booked meds yet but will be organising them soon.

Anyway looks like things were busy last week and we have a lot of tangoed people now. Hope we will be joining you soon.

Lauren and Lee :)

Guest Bokkiegirl

Who is as frustrated as I am?? A month after getting a CO and still NO news!

Nothing on status has changed, Medicals was submitted (although not asked for) a few days after getting a CO and it doesn't show as Met, just finalised...

I am feeling despondent :cry:

Guest nodrog72
Who is as frustrated as I am?? A month after getting a CO and still NO news!

Nothing on status has changed, Medicals was submitted (although not asked for) a few days after getting a CO and it doesn't show as Met, just finalised...

I am feeling despondent :cry:

Hi I'm sure finalised is better than met. Just be positive, things will be fine.

Best of luck

Tanya:wub:

Guest Bokkiegirl

Thanks so much for the support! We are so close and I am petrified of something going wrong now :(

Going to try and stay positive!

Guest Phillips family
Hellooo,

Just back from my holidays yesterday so thought I would check in and say 'Hi!'

We still haven't received an email to say we have a CO although the DIAC progress check says 'processing commenced' so they must be doing something.... hopefully not throwing it in the bin!!

I keep hoping its just because we're not married and my OH has a military background so we probably require a thorough looking over.

Sent off for our police checks before we went away so hoping they will be back fairly soon. Haven't booked meds yet but will be organising them soon.

Anyway looks like things were busy last week and we have a lot of tangoed people now. Hope we will be joining you soon.

Lauren and Lee :)

Hi L & L - hope you had a good time - welcome back to all the stress!!When the e-mail from CO came through the progress check changed from "processing commenced" to "processing commenced further". Just thought i'd let you know what to look out for...it's got to be this week for sure! i WILL BE SINGING FROM THE ROOF TOPS FOR YOU WHEN IT DOES!Did you get an e-mail receipt for police checks? :policeman: xxx

Guest Phillips family
Thanks so much for the support! We are so close and I am petrified of something going wrong now :(

Going to try and stay positive!

oh i know i feel the same - its all riding on the medicals! I hope there's nothing wrong with us!!! My husband is soo cool & laid back it make me mad!!He will fit in so well in Aussieland!

Guest nodrog72

Well thats it, all requested docs uploaded now time to play as usual the waiting game, lets hope it's not too long.:wub:

Good luck everyone

Tanya

Hi Lauren, just to let you know it says "processing commenced" from the very beginning ie as soon as you pay your fee. I am not trying to make you feel bad, I just don't want you to have an unrealistic expectation. I am sure you will have a CO soon though, they are flying through allocating them! x

Right, today was the day we had our long awaited medicals.

We all had a sleepless night worrying before getting the bus to London.

We were all ready for the emeds, but took the photos just in case. We arrived with 15 mins to spare, to be told our EH26 and EH ?? were not the right forms for the e medical. GREAT START. then i was told one of my passport photos was the wrong size. Next i was running around the outside of Harrods trying to find a small photo developing shop, £9 later i had 4 small photos. 9 bloody quid??????

As some of you might know, we were very worried about this because of my knee surgery.

So first was the Xrays and urine, all went well, thankfully i asked about our sons form, to be told, oh he is 16 he can sign it himself, erm no, i should know, he is 15, so she had to tipex out his squiggle to let me sign.

Then the dredded DR.

Wife called in first, i am still sat there thinking, what to do, do i lie, do i confess all. Oh no, what do i do? Still at least the wife can tell me what he looks at. WRONG, i was called by a different DR. Did the standard weight height then the questions. OMFG. I am shaking now. "Have you had any serious surgery?" i am thinking, define serious. So i ask him what he would class as serious, erm, spinal, head, long term hospital treatment. So nope, but he must have sensed something so asked if i had had any surgery, erm yes. What? erm, cartledge tears. Oh, dont worry, nowt worth reporting. So on the the rest of the checks, chest, lungs, breathing, and blood pressure......erm your pressure is high....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not NOW.

He said he would check it after, and called in the son. He had all the same checks plus blood taken. I watched the DR ticking all the boxes, commenting on good eye sight, then Q45. Yiphee son had an A, his first A.

So back to my pressure, he took it again, he said it was still slightly high, 140 over 82, but that means nothing to me. But he sugested it was nerves (Your telling me!!!!)

I sat by his desk to complete and sign the two forms, i caught him ticking the A box on my application also. I felt like jumping up and kissing him (in a bloke friendly way!!!!!!) i asked if all was ok, he said as soon as they can check the xray and wait for the bloods but yep, all was fine.

We had to wait another 10 mins for the girls, they had a more through check than us, but no breast check for the wife (she is over 40) but they had to take their lower garments off for him the check their legs and feet (phew, glad i didnt have him then). The wife also asked her DR how they got on, he wouldnt say without the bloods or xray result, she pressed him a little more, he replied yes, all ok assuming they others come back clear.

OMG it sounds like we might be ok. Really tense day, so glad its over, so just playing the waiting game again.

Come CO, get your finger out ;-)

If you wish, i can go into it more in depth for those yet to have their medicals and are worried. just let me know.

Hope everyone else is good?

So, back to the DRs,

Guest steffijones
Happy birthday for last week, the big 40 if i remember ;-) . When i phoned week thursday they told me the same. This week i got me some amber and pink action. So, i am sure you wont be long i keep looking so i can get some uniformity in colour for nov 10. Good luck for next week.

Thanks Gaz n family! Yeah it was the big 40 ( unfortunately!!) Had a fab holiday apart from all of the euros I ended up putting in the computer room to check on emails, PIO, DIAC etc etc etc!! :wacko: Although I limited myself to once a day which I thought was quite an achievement. I'm not addicted or anything..........just need some amber action!

Guest steffijones
Hi Steff,

We are also still waiting for CO allocation, and our application went in September 2010...also very miffed as to why we seemed to have been missed, when lots of people around us, in the same boat, have had their CO allocated!

So...you are not alone!

Fingers crossed for us all

Cal

Hi Cal

I know it's getting really annoying now isn't it?! I have been harassing our agent something chronic the past week and she eventually got fed up with me the other day and phoned DIAC and they told her we will be in the next round of case officer's , which I really don't understand because the cut off date for the first round of allocations was supposed to be 13th December and we were well before that! She has said that we should get a co before the end of this month, i hope so because the oh is getting a bit fed up with my little rituals of checking everything before I go to sleep and as soon as I wake up and after another 4 weeks he might boil over!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Anyway we have sent off for police checks now and got our meds booked for 18th March so hopefully once we do get a bit of amber action we will be able to proceed with everything else reasonably quickly ....... but then there's the medicals to worry about!!!!!!!!!!!!:wacko:

Stef

Right, today was the day we had our long awaited medicals.

We all had a sleepless night worrying before getting the bus to London.

We were all ready for the emeds, but took the photos just in case. We arrived with 15 mins to spare, to be told our EH26 and EH ?? were not the right forms for the e medical. GREAT START. then i was told one of my passport photos was the wrong size. Nest i was running around the outside of Harrods trying to find a small photo developing shop, £9 later i had 4 small photos. 9 bloody quid??????

As some of you might know, we were very worried about this because of my knee surgery and past history with it, 4 ops and widespread arthritis.

So first was the Xrays and urine, all went well, thankfully i asked about our sons form, to be told, oh he is 16 he can sign it himself, erm no, i should know, he is 15, so she had to tipex out his squiggle to let me sign.

Then the dredded DR.

Wife called in first, i am still sat there thinking, what to do, do i lie, do i confess all. Oh no, what do i do? Still at least the wife can tell me what he looks at. WRONG, i was called by a different DR. Did the standard weight height then the questions. OMFG. I am shaking now. "Have you had any serious surgery?" i am thinking, define serious. So i ask him what he would class as serious, erm, spinal, head, long term hospital treatment. So nope, but he must have sensed something so asked if i had had any surgery, erm yes. What? erm, cartledge tears. Oh, dont worry, nowt worth reporting. So on the the rest of the checks, chest, lungs, breathing, and blood pressure......erm your pressure is high....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not NOW.

He said he would check it after, and called in the son. He had all the same checks plus blood taken. I watched the DR ticking all the boxes, commenting on good eye sight, then Q45. Yiphee son had an A, his first A.

So back to my pressure, he took it again, he said it was still slightly high, 140 over 82, but that means nothing to me. But he sugested it was nerves (Your telling me!!!!)

I sat by his desk to complete and sign the two forms, i caught him ticking the A box on my application also. I felt like jumping up and kissing him (in a bloke friendly way!!!!!!) i asked if all was ok, he said as soon as they can check the xray and wait for the bloods but yep, all was fine.

We had to wait another 10 mins for the girls, they had a more through check than us, but no breast check for the wife (she is over 40) but they had to take their lower garments off for him the check their legs and feet (phew, glad i didnt have him then). The wife also asked her DR how they got on, he wouldnt say without the bloods or xray result, she pressed him a little more, he replied yes, all ok assuming they others come back clear.

OMG it sounds like we might be ok. Really tense day, so glad its over, so just playing the waiting game again.

Come CO, get your finger out ;-)

If you wish, i can go into it more in depth for those yet to have their medicals and are worried. just let me know.

Hope everyone else is good?

So, back to the DRs,

Soooooo that's how you were feeling!!

I'm glad its over too!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Guest Padayachee

Phone call to OH workplace.The high commission wanted to confirm his employment and responsibilities at the work place,:eek:,,yikes..:eek:.lucky we made the HR lady aware of our plans.Our docs show MET on the on-line status page,,,,,ROLL ON VISA COS WE JUST SIGNED THE SALE OF AGREEMENT TODAY,,SOON WE GONNA BE HOMELESS.:frown:

Hi guys,

i haven't been here for a long time.

we got a CO beginning of Feb. He asked for some docs.

We have uploaded them... now waiting:) any idea how long we have to wait?

We dont appear to have your time line on here. Could you post it please so i can update the front page?

Morning

We had some good news this morning so coming to join your thread now, so exciting

Name: Littlem aka Michelle & John and 2 young ones

Date of Visa application: 27 Nov 09

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Project Administrator

Visa type: 475

Which State Sponsored: SA

Date of SMP Applications: 6 Jan 11

Date of SMP Granted: 28 Feb 11

Onshore/offshore: offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category: cat 4

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Michelle

Done, welcome. Hope your Case Officer is just around the corner. You have just put some black back in the 2009 applicants.

Gaz n Family Please change my colour we got our VISA today 1 March 2011

YABADABADOOOOOOO

Move over South Australia here we come (well soon I hope)

OUR TIME LINE:

Name: Kyto, Trix, Kyle, Danika (Kyto)

Date of Visa application: 11/03/2009 (VISA 175)

Nationality: South African

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/Profession: Fitter (General)

Visa Type: 176

Which State Sponsored: SA

Date of SMP Applications: 25/09/2009

Date of SMP Granted: 19/11/2009

Onshore/ offshore: Offshore

Pre November 2010 Category: 4

Medicals Submitted: 19/01/2011 Finalized

Police Check Submitted: 10/02/2011

Date CO Assigned: 31/01/2011

Date Visa Granted: 01/03/2011

Good luck to all, it's a huge relief once you get the Visa so hang in there it will come :smile:

Archived