South Oz applications - where are you now

gaz n family

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gaz n Family Please change my colour we got our VISA today 1 March 2011

YABADABADOOOOOOO

Move over South Australia here we come (well soon I hope)

OUR TIME LINE:

Name: Kyto, Trix, Kyle, Danika (Kyto)

Date of Visa application: 11/03/2009 (VISA 175)

Nationality: South African

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/Profession: Fitter (General)

Visa Type: 176

Which State Sponsored: SA

Date of SMP Applications: 25/09/2009

Date of SMP Granted: 19/11/2009

Onshore/ offshore: Offshore

Pre November 2010 Category: 4

Medicals Submitted: 19/01/2011 Finalized

Police Check Submitted: 10/02/2011

Date CO Assigned: 31/01/2011

Date Visa Granted: 01/03/2011

Good luck to all, it's a huge relief once you get the Visa so hang in there it will come :smile:

CONGRATULATIONS, you are looking good in green. Finally we have the top of the shop in green.

Enjoy your next round of planning.

Guest Dave7558

Got the good news, signed on this mornnig and my page was replaced with this

Visa approval - terms and conditions Your visa is valid until: 02/03/2016

You are allowed to make: Multiple entries to and from Australia during the validity of your visa

You must not arrive in Australia after: 21/02/2012

Your period of stay is: Indefinite

Dont know what to do now checking this site was my live lol

Guest steph13
Got the good news, signed on this mornnig and my page was replaced with this

Visa approval - terms and conditions Your visa is valid until: 02/03/2016

You are allowed to make: Multiple entries to and from Australia during the validity of your visa

You must not arrive in Australia after: 21/02/2012

Your period of stay is: Indefinite

Dont know what to do now checking this site was my live lol

Wow well done Dave!!! Fab news for you!!! Am so very jealous!!! Especially as we only applied right after u, and we still don't have a case officer!!! What's your plan?? When u moving out?? U must be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy!!! Xxx

Guest Alibajwa

I send a PLE on 17th of February and today I got following response

"Dear Ali,

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

Your enquiry has been referred to the area processing your visa application for your case officer's attention. You will receive a response shortly.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Yours sincerely,

Mansi A

General Skilled Migration

Department of Immigration and Citizenship"

Does this mean, i have been allocated a CO?

Guest nodrog72
I send a PLE on 17th of February and today I got following response

"Dear Ali,

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

Your enquiry has been referred to the area processing your visa application for your case officer's attention. You will receive a response shortly.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Yours sincerely,

Mansi A

General Skilled Migration

Department of Immigration and Citizenship"

Does this mean, i have been allocated a CO?

Hi I had the same email from a PLE I sent on 13th Feb, and yes we have a case officer so I would definitely say you have a case officer.

Tanya:jiggy:

Guest Alibajwa

Waooo.......... Another good news ................. confirm you people when I will actually have officail mail from CO

Guest Bokkiegirl

HUGE congrats to those that got grants! SO happy for you!!

Our agent emailed our CO to ask if anything is still outstanding and he replied saying that our application is still undergoing routine checks and this can take another couple of weeks as different departments deal with different checks etc..

So we will just hurry up and wait... Going to try and stay clear of the internet for a little bit (not sure if I will be able to).. Hope that we will have some great news soon!!

Guest steffijones

Well my patience has run out now with waiting for a CO so hubby is going to phone DIAC tonight to see when we might get one and why we missed out on the first round as we were within the date range to get one, agent keeps telling me to relax and chill out, which I think might actually be making me worse!! I really didn't have OCD before this, but now I feel it is getting out of control!!! :arghh:

Well my patience has run out now with waiting for a CO so hubby is going to phone DIAC tonight to see when we might get one and why we missed out on the first round as we were within the date range to get one, agent keeps telling me to relax and chill out, which I think might actually be making me worse!! I really didn't have OCD before this, but now I feel it is getting out of control!!! :arghh:

Hi steffijones

its a good idea to ring and just check also that they have your Form 1100 from SA!! quite a few peeps havent had this attached to their application, just like us, so something to watch for :wideeyed:

also, when i spoke to DIAC the man told me that new CO get allocated at the beginning of every new week, so hopefully you will hear something soon, let us know how you go

Jill x :hug:

Did we have the same agent, because this is the attitude they had with me, AAARRGGHHH i am the one applying, i am the one paying, please do as we ask and contact DIAC. Well that is what i felt like saying, it was within the 24 hour deadline we had set when we received notice of a Case Officer so they got away with it.

Best of luck on the phone, try to remain calm, if its not what you want to hear try not to feel too down. We called two weeks ago, hoping we had a CO, to be told nope, we were in the next round of applications and should wait 4 weeks before calling back, a few days later we heard.

Thanks to all for the kind words :smile:

We hope to be in South Australia by the middle of the year.

Our current plan is to sell house, quit job, buy plane tickets, fly over then begin our new lives and start living our dreams.

But the emotions cut a bit deep when you tell family and friends because it is real now, its no longer just a discussion that we have been talking about for two and a half years. So far we are lucky everyone is "Happy" for us that we got our visa grant but at the same time sad because now the clock is counting down and our time together is few.

We also get emotional when we start sorting our stuff, this is for so and so, this is for selling, this is for taking over and then you realise that you have to shred your life apart just so that you can put it all together again on the other side with no clue how or where to begin. You know and prepare yourself for this moment but the emotions don’t understand

Not for sissies definitely not for sissies.......... good thing we are not sissies :biglaugh:

Congrats Kyto I am very happy for you. :biggrin:

Steffijones you defo should ring DIAC. I rang on Monday and found they had not attached my the form 1100. Said I would be waiting at least a year unless I got it resent. :eek:

So I rang SA straight away, they confirmed it had been sent on 7th Oct but have sent it again for me now. Hopefully they will get things in order now and get things moving.

... In other news, we managed to get a last minute appointment and had our medicals yesterday.

Hi everyone.. been off here a few days. These medicals have really taken it out of us.. Have had to distract myself elsewhere! Just want to get on, make lists, pack.... what's more it really looks like I am going to be made redundant at work in the early summer. This could all work out so well... or be a complete disaster!!! Can't stand it.

Anyway. Good news is that my specific work experience has been met, and quickly too. One more step done. Today we went back to the infamous docs in London with all our extra medical stuff and they were pretty good, going through it all with us to make sure it's enough. Of course we still don't know but at least the meds are now off to Australia. Well done Gaz - really pleased the meds bit is over for you. Well done for spotting his recommendation!

Police checks, well according to the timeline they should be back Friday or Saturday. Only went for the normal service as we sent off before the CO came. Will be straight on that phone come Monday if nothing's arrived... or maybe tomorrow!!!! Anyone thinking that the police checks are taking a while to come through?

Just want to be there.. Mind you. We've started a list of all the things we want to do before we leave Britain. It'll take about 6 months to do it all...!! Good job I might be out of work, I might just have time ha ha. Though I think I need a lot of time to sort out the loft.. I reckon I could write a book on the twists and turns. :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

Well done to everyone who has got COs and grants in the last week.

Roll on the golden sands..

Hands up everyone who has to sort out the loft.....:yes:

LOL

Don't know why I took a break from here.. it feels great to be writing it all out, PIO Therapy...

TNR

Guest Phillips family

That's is so weird you typng that TNR - Ive just had conversation with OH about the loft before coming in here to turn PC off ! He said BIN THE LOT UP THERE!! LOL!! I used to work for Doree Bonner shippers & keep saying all our stuff will never fit into a 20ft container & we cant afford a 40 footer!! Thing is he wants to keep sofa in conservatory & I want to BIN IT!! I can see some heated arguments coming.....

Trude

That's is so weird you typng that TNR - Ive just had conversation with OH about the loft before coming in here to turn PC off ! He said BIN THE LOT UP THERE!! LOL!! I used to work for Doree Bonner shippers & keep saying all our stuff will never fit into a 20ft container & we cant afford a 40 footer!! Thing is he wants to keep sofa in conservatory & I want to BIN IT!! I can see some heated arguments coming.....

Trude

I am bravely saying I will sort it out.. I bet I do 3 boxes and give up!!! Have all these excellent ideas about car boots, charity and Ebay... bet it's all a load of junk up there and I make 50p!!!

Guest Phillips family

HA ! HA! I've sold 2 things on ebay this week -well given away more like! OH not happy!

I am bravely saying I will sort it out.. I bet I do 3 boxes and give up!!! Have all these excellent ideas about car boots, charity and Ebay... bet it's all a load of junk up there and I make 50p!!!

one mans junk is anothers treasure!! :biggrin:

i keep thinking, even if we just make £50 from unwanted things that would be good, but then the thought of having to actually do something about it!!! i mean how do you even go about selling at car boots!!!!! :err:

Archived